Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:57:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HW options... Hashrates?  (Read 226 times)
mw1 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:52:15 PM

Been searching for days and no luck so thought it's time to ask.

My options for GPUs are:
1) XFX black
2) Asus Dual RX580
3) Gigabyte 580 Gaming
4) Powercolor Red Devil Radeon
5) MSI Radeon 580 V1
6) Gigabyte Aorus
7) MSI Radeon 580 Armor
Cool MSI Radeon 580 Gaming
9) Powercolor Red Devil Golden

The XFX appears to have the highest clock rate (1425 OC), but other than that I can't find any hash rates for them.
They're all 8GB cards, and price range is within $10-20 for all.

ALso, motherboard to use? Smiley

I'm looking at picking up at least 5, and either straight mining Ether, or dual mining Ether plus something else (suggestions would be great).

If anybody has suggestions for the cards as well as other hardware I'd appreciate it.
Electricity wise I can run 110/120 or 220/240, just a matter of a quick wiring change.

Ideas? Smiley
Thanks
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:18:06 AM

Been searching for days and no luck so thought it's time to ask.

My options for GPUs are:
1) XFX black
2) Asus Dual RX580
3) Gigabyte 580 Gaming
4) Powercolor Red Devil Radeon
5) MSI Radeon 580 V1
6) Gigabyte Aorus
7) MSI Radeon 580 Armor
Cool MSI Radeon 580 Gaming
9) Powercolor Red Devil Golden

The XFX appears to have the highest clock rate (1425 OC), but other than that I can't find any hash rates for them.
They're all 8GB cards, and price range is within $10-20 for all.

ALso, motherboard to use? Smiley

I'm looking at picking up at least 5, and either straight mining Ether, or dual mining Ether plus something else (suggestions would be great).

If anybody has suggestions for the cards as well as other hardware I'd appreciate it.
Electricity wise I can run 110/120 or 220/240, just a matter of a quick wiring change.

Ideas? Smiley
Thanks

It's impossible to tell you what an individual card will produce in hashrates, only a general sense of what you can expect.  There are way too many factors that play a part in hashrate... mining software, over/underclocks, not least of all the silicon lottery.

For motherboards, I highly suggest the boards that are made specifically for mining.  They will give you the least amount of trouble since this appears to be your first real mining rig.  As for dual mining... Sia and DCR are always favorites combined with Eth.

IamRune

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:23:28 AM

I personally have had great luck with the Powercooler Red Devils.  My first Red Devil 480s are still churning after over a year of nonstop mining.  Never had any issues.
mw1 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:44:24 AM

I personally have had great luck with the Powercooler Red Devils.  My first Red Devil 480s are still churning after over a year of nonstop mining.  Never had any issues.

What rates are you getting? The price difference between those and the XFX isn't much, but XFX seems to have a higher initial clock.
mw1 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:53:02 AM

It's impossible to tell you what an individual card will produce in hashrates, only a general sense of what you can expect.  There are way too many factors that play a part in hashrate... mining software, over/underclocks, not least of all the silicon lottery.

For motherboards, I highly suggest the boards that are made specifically for mining.  They will give you the least amount of trouble since this appears to be your first real mining rig.  As for dual mining... Sia and DCR are always favorites combined with Eth.

Which other mining ones are there other than the ASRock?
I understand that each card technically is unique, but the numbers should be somewhat similar.
Over/underclocks and software are the other things I'm wondering about.

I was thinking EthOS or Linux for the OS, and mining software again not 100% on that. Hence more questions Smiley
mw1 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:14:39 PM

Ideas? Smiley

ALso is it possible to do GPU dual mining PLUS CPU mining at the same time?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: