Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 03:15:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to mine and hold?  (Read 446 times)
gab3gon (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:17:13 AM

I currently am manually switching between Vivo coin and Zcash.
Rig is MSI 1070ti and MSI 1050ti

I am mining Vivo coin based on whattomine.com
No real reason for mining Zcash other than it was easy to setup.

My idea is to mine during the day one coin for ROI and another to just hold a coin.

Any suggestions will help.
IamRune

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:29:46 AM

If you want to mine and hold I would suggest looking for newer coins with lower difficulty.  Check whattomine on a daily basis adjust your miners as necessary.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket.  Diversify and hold.
Currently you can mine quite a bit of ETN.  There is a lot of hype around this coin.  Predictions anywhere from $1 to $30 in years to come.  Either way it might not be a bad idea to mine around 1000 of each new coin and hold for a year or two.  If you mined 1,000 of each new coin you never know- could end up hitting the jackpot.

Staple coins seem to be Eth, Monero, Zcash.  But you may want to hold some Bitcoin gold as well.

binkyj357

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:44:38 AM

If you want to mine and hold I would suggest looking for newer coins with lower difficulty.  Check whattomine on a daily basis adjust your miners as necessary.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket.  Diversify and hold.
Currently you can mine quite a bit of ETN.  There is a lot of hype around this coin.  Predictions anywhere from $1 to $30 in years to come.  Either way it might not be a bad idea to mine around 1000 of each new coin and hold for a year or two.  If you mined 1,000 of each new coin you never know- could end up hitting the jackpot.

Staple coins seem to be Eth, Monero, Zcash.  But you may want to hold some Bitcoin gold as well.

^This
gab3gon (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:59:14 AM

Thanks for the advice. I don't quite understand the whole paper wallet thing... I tried to set it up but it was earlier last week. Do you guys have a pool you would suggest? I've been using nanopool for zcash and altminer for vivocoin.

Also is there a reason to not mine vivocoin? Is there bad hype around it that I haven't read about?
mrankin

Activity: 312
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:35:01 AM

I'd be using your CPU for mining Credits(CRDS) at the same time as it's a CPU only coin. https://crds.co
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:49:37 AM

Lbry each day block reward is going down but price up ,mine and hold.
klintistwood

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Out of the box is where I live

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 07:33:22 AM

Nobody can tell for sure which coin is going to rise significantly in the coming months or years but like said here, mining different coins can help. There is a positive trend on coins for the moment and it's only the start. ETH was at 200$ when I started mining, now it's around 600$. I also mined some low value coins like ETN or PIRL, they have also increased with a significant % and the advantage of those is that the difficulty is not very high yet so you can produce a lot of them compared to ETH or ZEC.

13 GPU Nvidia Rig running under Ubuntu 16 (eth hash rate: 300+Mh/s @ 1000W for whole rig): 3x EVGA GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 65W) + 6x MSI Armor GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 70W) + 1x MSI GTX 1060 (24Mh/s @ 65W) + 3x Zotac GTX 1060 (24MH/s @ 65 W). PSU 2400W, Asrock ASRock H110 Pro BTC+, cheap Chinese risers, Kingston SSD 120Gb, 8Gb memory. Selling some of my GPUs (around 200€, still under warranty), if you're interested, contact me in private.
RealSwissMiner

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 07:44:41 AM

Nobody can and should tell you what to mine. I always suggest to build a small portfolio, first mining more reputable and established coins like ETH, Monero, Zec and continuing with newer but stable projects like Zencash, ETC.
Later on you can mine newly released coins too and take some risks.

I wouldnt start to mine sth completely new and hope it goes to the moon - take a look at signatum for example  Cheesy

Mining and investment blog - https://swisscryptominer.blogspot.ch
Moondoggie

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:20:47 AM

Auto convert to BTC and hold Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: