Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:45:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Altcoin Using my GPU  (Read 403 times)
savedesavanna (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:34:18 AM

My laptop has a Video Card from:
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5.

What is the best way to configure and start mining
altcoins, thank you all in advance.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091

Think for yourself

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:04:31 AM

Start by reading the forum rules.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2415854.msg24714338#msg24714338

Then post in the alt coin section.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:26:56 AM

it all depends on which coin you want to mine
for eth you will need claymore miner
for zcash dstm or ewbf miner
for any other algo coin ccminer
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:54:38 AM

I'm worried if you plan to mine with a laptop. Your laptop will be damaged and your profits will be lower than the electric bill. You should not use a laptop for mining.I suggest buy one by one hardware instead of having to force your laptop for mining.
savedesavanna (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:25:02 PM

I'm worried if you plan to mine with a laptop. Your laptop will be damaged and your profits will be lower than the electric bill. You should not use a laptop for mining.I suggest buy one by one hardware instead of having to force your laptop for mining.

Firstly, thanks for the resourceful link. Have read through, it.

it all depends on which coin you want to mine
for eth you will need claymore miner
for zcash dstm or ewbf miner
for any other algo coin ccminer

The way to setup the miner is the biggest hassle. Any easy to follow process for a beginner such as myself (video [preferably] or article)?

Also, very clueless on how to build a mining rig, that's why I want to use my laptop for starters.

If you point me to a video [preferably] or article, which shows how to build a rig from scratch. Then I'll be happy to build one, myself.

Thanks, for the candid responses. Hoping to receive a follow up, from you all.

mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:48:19 PM

Also, very clueless on how to build a mining rig, that's why I want to use my laptop for starters.

If you point me to a video [preferably] or article, which shows how to build a rig from scratch. Then I'll be happy to build one, myself.

You should pay attention to the advice given above. If you want to start mining buy a cheap desktop (you don't need a monitor) and put in a decent GPU.  You can get something reasonably decent from NewEgg fir 600 or so. It's not top of the line by any stretch of the imagination but you'll be able to mine and pay off your computer in less than a year. Along the way you'll learn the basics about mining - finding, installing miners, installing and using teamviewer, etc...
savedesavanna (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:44:40 PM

You should pay attention to the advice given above. If you want to start mining buy a cheap desktop (you don't need a monitor) and put in a decent GPU.  You can get something reasonably decent from NewEgg fir 600 or so. It's not top of the line by any stretch of the imagination but you'll be able to mine and pay off your computer in less than a year. Along the way you'll learn the basics about mining - finding, installing miners, installing and using teamviewer, etc...

Please, suggest the best type to get from Newegg and also what coins would you advice me to mine? Need to know how I can setup the miner. Personally,
have zero idea on what to do. So any directives, I can be given about this and a good setup, will be really appreciated.
BTC22

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:45:21 PM

How do you get it setup without a monitor?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: