Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:55:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Journal of crypto-finance  (Read 1654 times)
crypto-finance (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 11:32:20 PM

Hi,

I'm looking to start a non-profit "Journal of crypto-finance" which would publish technical papers on crypto-currencies, from various perspectives:

- economics
- quantitative finance
- legal issues
- information technology
- cryptography

If anyone is interested in submitting papers (for the first issue, I think papers that are already published on your website/blog is fine, as long as it's not too old) or in reviewing submitted articles in your area of expertise, please let me know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 11:05:27 PM

Hi,

I'm looking to start a non-profit "Journal of crypto-finance" which would publish technical papers on crypto-currencies, from various perspectives:

- economics
- quantitative finance
- legal issues
- information technology
- cryptography

If anyone is interested in submitting papers (for the first issue, I think papers that are already published on your website/blog is fine, as long as it's not too old) or in reviewing submitted articles in your area of expertise, please let me know.

when would be the first publication?
bitcoinstarter

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:35:59 AM

Hi,

- economics
- quantitative finance
- legal issues
- information technology
- cryptography

I really like this idea. When do you plan to have a blog /website for it?
entropico

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:09:57 AM

This would really help the community out
crypto-finance (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 01:30:40 AM

Hi,

- economics
- quantitative finance
- legal issues
- information technology
- cryptography

Basically, whenever I end up with about 4 or 5 submitted articles...

If you're asking this because you would like to submit an article and you want to know the timeline that you have, think of it this way: even if you don't finish the paper by the first issue, it'll be published in the second issue. Or alternatively you can let me know how much time you need, and if it's a reasonable amount I can withhold the first issue's publication until then.
crypto-finance (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 01:31:47 AM

Hi,

- economics
- quantitative finance
- legal issues
- information technology
- cryptography

I really like this idea. When do you plan to have a blog /website for it?

When I have the first issue ready for publication. I'm planning for the url to be crypto-finance.com/journal/ (but it's not set up right now).
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:26:28 AM

This is a good idea ... I think you should include Satoshi's whitepaper as the first (foundation) article in your inaugural issue ... it hasn't been published in another journal afaik, except on the web obviously.

btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 11:41:09 AM

This is a good idea ... I think you should include Satoshi's whitepaper as the first (foundation) article in your inaugural issue ... it hasn't been published in another journal afaik, except on the web obviously.

I agree with the above.

Regarding your journal, what exists as far as certifications (does it need to be?), is there a place where the journal can be peer reviewed for academia? How do we get it into Google Scholar as a citation source? What other printed/online journals of this kind already exist, that we as a community should help try and get the attention of for marketing/pr purposes?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
crypto-finance (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 04:11:29 PM

I agree with the above.

Regarding your journal, what exists as far as certifications (does it need to be?), is there a place where the journal can be peer reviewed for academia? How do we get it into Google Scholar as a citation source? What other printed/online journals of this kind already exist, that we as a community should help try and get the attention of for marketing/pr purposes?

Somebody suggested we eventually (I think we need to get going with at least one issue first) get it included in http://cabells.com/review.aspx so that university researchers could publish in it and have it count toward tenure. But that's later down the road.

I'm not aware of any other crypto-currencies related technical publications -- everything that exists seems to be more "pop magazine" style. But do let me know if anybody is aware of anything else.
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 06:00:25 PM

Hi,

- economics
- quantitative finance
- legal issues
- information technology
- cryptography

If you're asking this because you would like to submit an article and you want to know the timeline that you have, think of it this way: even if you don't finish the paper by the first issue, it'll be published in the second issue. Or alternatively you can let me know how much time you need, and if it's a reasonable amount I can withhold the first issue's publication until then.

I am asking because I plan to write my masters thesis which will be completed in June of 2014.  So I will submit after then.
crypto-finance (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 05:07:15 AM

Hi,

- economics
- quantitative finance
- legal issues
- information technology
- cryptography

I am asking because I plan to write my masters thesis which will be completed in June of 2014.  So I will submit after then.

Nice. May I ask what the thesis is about? Just curious
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 06:16:08 AM

Hi,

- economics
- quantitative finance
- legal issues
- information technology
- cryptography

I am asking because I plan to write my masters thesis which will be completed in June of 2014.  So I will submit after then.

Nice. May I ask what the thesis is about? Just curious

Right now I am reviewing literature on the topic, however I am studying in the field of industrial management with a focus on entrepreneurship and innovation so the thesis would focus on those areas.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: