Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:14:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin wallet hacked!  (Read 1433 times)
marjamrob (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:54:16 PM

.5 of my Bitcpins were stolen today, they cleaned out my entire wallet, TX: https://blockchain.info/tx/dbb26211d7ca5990899c6e15a4a00456fd7a847ac158680536b82965b99bc228

Is there anything I can do? I received an e-mail that someone tried to login to my account, the IP was a Tor relay, but I just changed my password. It was 15 characters, symbols, letters, and numbers.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:56:39 PM

Scan your pc for malware and you were not using 2factor authentication (If it was blockchain wallet)?

marjamrob (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:58:39 PM

Scan your pc for malware and you were not using 2factor authentication (If it was blockchain wallet)?

It was blockchain.info, and no 2-factor, I was using Ubuntu, what should I use for malware scan?
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:02:39 AM

It was blockchain.info, and no 2-factor, I was using Ubuntu, what should I use for malware scan?

Oh Well then you don't need scan just check your email (where wallet backup was stored)
if it's compromised or not and try to remember if you were using same password somewhere else or used your wallet on someone else's windows pc?
marjamrob (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:04:45 AM

Oh Well then you don't need scan just check your email (where wallet backup was stored)
if it's compromised or not and try to remember if you were using same password somewhere else or used your wallet on someone else's windows pc?

I've only accesssed it on that computer. But will a backup do any good?
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:08:50 AM

I've only accesssed it on that computer. But will a backup do em any good?

If someone had access to your wallet backup, he could have made that transaction without logging in into your blockchain.info wallet.

otherwise your blockchain.info wallet might got bruteforced.

If it's true, It's really weird that blockchain doesn't blocks bruteforce attack.
marjamrob (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:10:07 AM

I've only accesssed it on that computer. But will a backup do em any good?

If someone had access to your wallet backup, he can make that transaction without logging in into your blockchain.info wallet.

otherwise your blockchain.info wallet might got bruteforced.

If it's true, It's really weird that blockchain doesn't blocks bruteforce attack.

So someone could have acceded my e-mail, and then brute forced the back-up?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: