Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:40:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Indonesia’s Central Bank is Planning to Ban Bitcoin in 2018  (Read 1479 times)
Aksiyon1

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:25:11 PM

As far as I remember, a lot of people in this country have invested in bitcoin.  For a long time this prohibition can not last.

They only prohibit payment by bitcoins in real life. In other words, they prohibit the use of bitcoin as a legal currency. But they do not prohibit the investment in bitcoin. So it almost didn't affect the investors. Actually, the ban is similar to my country, but investors and miners aren't affected.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
takertrade

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:06:08 PM

I dont think so
Despite banning bitcoin / crypto currency Indonesian goverment supporting it and will launching top 4th cryptocurrency future in late december 2018. Indonesia Central Bank also studying blockchain technology because blockchain is really prospective technology in the future
PatronRH

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:45:56 PM

They haven't done that at the moment. But if they do that would shake bitcoin a bit as BTC is not at his best time right now and domething like that will definitely affect it in a really bad way but I think that we need cryptocurrency thats why there will be always bitcoin and no matter how prople fight it as Indonesia just did bitcoin will always be resistant.

.GlobeCas.The Turest Entertainment Journey
#Licensed  #Gambling #Experienced Team #All-in-One Platform #Live Streaming #Revulotion
[Website] | [Telegram] | [Whitepaper] | [Facebook] | [Youtube] | [Twitter] | [LinkedIn] | [Medium]
Suleiman the Magnificent

Activity: 504
Merit: 120

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 09:53:15 PM

What do they think they will win when they banned Bitcoin? They will not win anything. It is really interesting to try to prevent citizens from making money by investing.
Samohunk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:49:00 AM

I would say they can't do it. They even didn't have any power to ban users. How could they stop technology? now days is modern and we need a good e-money like bitcoin. Even they block up the IP of users, we could do VPN or another IP changer to fake it out and access bitcoin site normally. Maybe they can ban it as a payment system on retail store, traditional business or vendor ets, but they can't ban it as an investment system. So just keep up the good work on these, and good luck.
KKH84

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:55:45 PM

As far as I remember, a lot of people in this country have invested in bitcoin.  For a long time this prohibition can not last.

They only prohibit payment by bitcoins in real life. In other words, they prohibit the use of bitcoin as a legal currency. But they do not prohibit the investment in bitcoin. So it almost didn't affect the investors. Actually, the ban is similar to my country, but investors and miners aren't affected.

I agree with you and indeed what you say is true, the Indonesian government only prohibits bitcoin as a means of payment not for investment, but I hope for the future there will be crypto payments in my country.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:08:04 PM

I would say they can't do it. They even didn't have any power to ban users. How could they stop technology? now days is modern and we need a good e-money like bitcoin. Even they block up the IP of users, we could do VPN or another IP changer to fake it out and access bitcoin site normally. Maybe they can ban it as a payment system on retail store, traditional business or vendor ets, but they can't ban it as an investment system. So just keep up the good work on these, and good luck.

agree .  they cant totally ban bitcoin and any other crypto because it is digital which means we can still access it using some anonymous tools like vpn and proxy adreses .

They maybe ban physical stores that accepts bitcoin as payment method but whats there point ?  i dont really understand why someone would hate bitcoin ? I mean bitcoin is verry legit and useful .
trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 03:22:30 PM

until now indonesia not ban cryptocurrency for transaction but only restrict it, they (bank company) so fear about investor and entrepreneur not using their bank for asset

spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:28:52 AM

Why would Indonesia actually ban crypto currency when it's neighborin countries are on board! Is this like a "I don't like to be mainstream" kind of attitude. Well i hope that they will allow crypto currency in their country or at least be indifferent about it. Because I know people there are invested on crypto currency.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:48:21 AM

maybe because the level of corruption in this country is very high so the government is very scared if bitcoin is legalized or left unchecked there will be many irregularities that lead to negative things like money laundering, besides that it is still hampered because it is against the rules that apply because in this country only the country's currency Officially, the rupiah received as a legitimate payment instrument. This is unfortunate if it really happens, if fear controls this country, then when will this country advance? People in the central bank are not careless people rather than prohibiting for various reasons they should support and use their knowledge to find solutions and solutions if there are negative effects that will be caused, do not get me wrong bitcoin has taken a role in improving the economy of its people, many of the Indonesian people who have risen their standard of living by owning bitcoin, that's a reality and I watch it myself, so if I canthe proposal to the central bank, even if it would not be legalized, at least there should be no prohibition, it would be fine if everything went as it is now without restrictions and regulations but allowed
kenel

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:22:12 PM

perhaps the banks will be able to provide any General services and will be able to help better understand the payments
cr7

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:38:19 PM

The news is old, and it looks like another fake against the background of the ban on cryptocurrency in Asia. In Indonesia, cryptocurrency is still used today!
waitforme

Activity: 618

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:41:31 PM

Information about the ban on Bitcoin in Indonesia has released. But I have yet to see the country put forward ban policies and no specific action to halt the Bitcoin. But the sugar worries cannot affect us because they can not know who we are and what our trading code is.

Friskaadew

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:54:53 PM

in fact until now the Indonesian government has not banned BTC and even mentioned that in the state meeting meeting I think that almost never, than I know even Indonesian banks are learning about blockchain, which has a good impact on the progress of crypto especially in the country Indonesia
fanji

Activity: 700
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:34:16 PM

until now bitcoin is not banned in Indonesia, but the government provides information that bitcoin may not be traded, for example, such as buying rice using bitcoin is not permissible, because Indonesia now only applies one currency, the rupiah, the Indonesian government always commemorates people who want to invest in bitcoin because the price is volatile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: