Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:58:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW FASTCOIN Logo, Please comment and or offer your suggestion...  (Read 1626 times)
Cheetahx (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 03:57:40 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 04:12:56 AM by Cheetahx

The FastCoin community is currently voting on a new Logo to replace the existing logo.

Please post and comment on the following new coin Logo's.  More will be added as they become available, once all the suggestions are in a vote poll will be conducted...

/C

Fastest fairly released Crypto

FST: feH4MSdmG42be3dzjYgXKtnKDEYcKNUKkB     BTC: 1CMeKdFQYnYLpjTd7k7UGkgK6L4TSJFNNR 

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:02:00 AM

The FastCoin community is currently voting on a new Logo to replace the existing logo.

Please post and comment on the following new coin Logo's.  More will be added as they become available...

/C

You posted a null link.

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
Cheetahx (OP)

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 04:07:03 AM

Please post and comment on the following new coin Logo's.  More will be added as they become available...

/C

You posted a null link.

Thanks,

Yes sorry about that, the original url was missing a character, that should be better now...

/C

FST: feH4MSdmG42be3dzjYgXKtnKDEYcKNUKkB     BTC: 1CMeKdFQYnYLpjTd7k7UGkgK6L4TSJFNNR 

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
ohiwastedmylif

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:31:10 AM

Alright,

It comes off as really plain and simple, similar to the current BTC generally accepted logo. If it is being use for anything other than a massive round object I think the top text needs to go. The weight is way too thin and non-legible at nearly any size.

The F should just be put dead center, it looks like it might be center but the text is throwing my eye off.

If you want to go even more simple you could remove some of the fast flare and just have two on the bottom.

You could spice it up with some minimal gradient, inner shadows, drop shadows, or something else.

/2¢

Here is a more simplified version I made very quickly to show what I mean.

Cheetahx (OP)

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 04:44:23 AM

Alright,

It comes off as really plain and simple, similar to the current BTC generally accepted logo. If it is being use for anything other than a massive round object I think the top text needs to go. The weight is way too thin and non-legible at nearly any size.

The F should just be put dead center, it looks like it might be center but the text is throwing my eye off.

If you want to go even more simple you could remove some of the fast flare and just have two on the bottom.

You could spice it up with some minimal gradient, inner shadows, drop shadows, or something else.

/2¢

Nice,

Thank you for your input Ohiwastedmylif,

You put a interesting and simple adjustment to it, I think this is great that we can have this creative process bring out these inovative suggestions.

Any chance you can enlarge your picture a bit, I like to compare it with the original Apple to Apple like.   Grin

Thanks again for your input, I really like your suggestion as well...

/C

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
ohiwastedmylif

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:49:48 AM

Alright,

/2¢

Nice,

You put a interesting and simple adjustment to it, I think this is great that we can have this creative process bring out these creative suggestions.

Any chance you can enlarge your picture a bit, I like to compare it with the original Apple to Apple like.   Grin

/C

I totally just deleted the file without saving it sorry, haha.

It is more about the small size comparison anyways. If it will work for a favicon or a QT/Wallet icon those sort of things.

Cheetahx (OP)

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 04:52:45 AM

Alright,

/2¢

Nice,

You put a interesting and simple adjustment to it, I think this is great that we can have this creative process bring out these creative suggestions.

/C

I totally just deleted the file without saving it sorry, haha.

It is more about the small size comparison anyways. If it will work for a favicon or a QT/Wallet icon those sort of things.

Excellent, thank you very cool, I like it already!

/C

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
ebacherville

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:02:43 AM

I like the revamp.. I'm no graphic designer by trade, I'm a video editor and shooter. But yes I , made that first one based on the BTC logo and other trends today , basic, simplified and clean. 

I don't even have Photoshop..  But, I figured some one else with better skillz than myself would be inspired and take it to the next level.. and you did, cant wait to see what comes of it.
ampere

Activity: 1218
Merit: 116

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 05:24:41 AM

I like the revamp.. I'm no graphic designer by trade, I'm a video editor and shooter. But yes I , made that first one based on the BTC logo and other trends today , basic, simplified and clean. 

I don't even have Photoshop..  But, I figured some one else with better skillz than myself would be inspired and take it to the next level.. and you did, cant wait to see what comes of it.

Editor here. You should probably get Photoshop!  Wink

ebacherville

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:36:00 AM

But, I have a team of graphic designers for that at work.. why would I need Photoshop at home...     Yeah, I know I should...  But I'd rather not fund Adobe for the few times I need it for my personal use.   Maybe when they start accepting crypto currency I'll buy there product or my personal use.  I'm just glad I sprouted some ideas.
ohiwastedmylif

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:40:16 AM

But, I have a team of graphic designers for that at work.. why would I need Photoshop at home...     Yeah, I know I should...  But I'd rather not fund Adobe for the few times I need it for my personal use.   Maybe when they start accepting crypto currency I'll buy there product or my personal use.  I'm just glad I sprouted some ideas.

Plenty of free alternatives out there if you really want something

ebacherville

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:51:43 AM

Yes I know, I'm just more of a idealist...  I don't want to get mired down in the detail. Other people are far better at the detail than I am, and they will do a far better job at it than myself.  I like planting seeds.. not caring for the plants one they sprout and grow. I hope you win the contest or someone else with another great design,  I hope it gets the creative juices flowing.
ohiwastedmylif

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:57:36 AM

Yes I know, I'm just more of a idealist...  I don't want to get mired down in the detail. Other people are far better at the detail than I am, and they will do a far better job at it than myself.  I like planting seeds.. not caring for the plants one they sprout and grow. I hope you win the contest or someone else with another great design,  I hope it gets the creative juices flowing.

Oh... you are one of those horrible bosses, haha.

I didn't know there was a contest, I was just providing my insight into the design. I can enter it if someone links the thread.

ebacherville

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:32:52 AM

LOL  Grin, sadly no, I'm not a boss of anyone besides myself... I just know when other people are better at their roles than I am.

The difference between a bad boss and a good boss is vision..  Bad bosses don't provide vision.. title or not, that is all that matters, if no one can provide a vision, the goal is lost...   Ironically my bosses come to me for definition of vision, but I am not a boss of anyone..   I'm sure you understand that.  That is why I like open source stuff, it is a realm of people that step up and make stuff happen. Evolution of a idea, the end may not be the beginning, but it is usually a step forward.  
Cheetahx (OP)

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 12:42:47 PM

I didn't know there was a contest, I was just providing my insight into the design. I can enter it if someone links the thread.

Hello

You can enter the contest here...

http://www.fastcoin.ca/forum.html#/20130710/new-fastcoin-logo-contest-2-2733872/

Go ahead and submit what you did in this post, plus any other ideas you would like to share, also be sure to leave your FastCoin wallet so they know where to send you FastCoin's....

Good luck!

/C

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
Cheetahx (OP)

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 05:23:02 PM

/C

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
CryptoBullion

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:46:24 PM

i like the current logo better than the orange one.... I say keep the cheetah, maybe do binary code for fast coin instead of stars around the edge. i have something in mind but im no graphics software expert. just dont do the orange one ... too much like BTC and too much orange

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268556.0
CryptoPCS.com Prepaid phone refills, post paid phone payments, and bill payments https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285148.0
Cheetahx (OP)

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:41:43 PM

i like the current logo better than the orange one.... I say keep the cheetah, maybe do binary code for fast coin instead of stars around the edge. i have something in mind but im no graphics software expert. just dont do the orange one ... too much like BTC and too much orange

Thanks CryptoBullion,

Send us what you have and we can post it, we look forward to what you may have in mind.

/C

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
daggerismo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:41:47 PM

this new logo reminds me fast & furious movies and Formula 1 logo.... its nice but no represent the fast idea i think husain bolt would be a better logo Smiley

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:02:52 AM

some good ideas above

sorry I posted in old thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=243084.0

as you can see I am not talented in design like ohiwastedmylif

but I like this style of 'f'
i know my coin looks crappy, just may spark some thoughts in one of the many talented designers on this forum

also just to add my input, the logo above by ohiwastedmylif looks fab what he did in 5 minutes
i am not so sure about that colour orange though, as to similar to bitcoin

how about a more gold colour and the 'f' in red?
or even a red coin with white f

red for speed

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: