Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:00:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ♨♨♨ Bitcoin Fees Are Outrageous ♨♨♨  (Read 1340 times)
ShortCoins (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:10:45 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 03:20:06 AM by ShortCoins

90% of all bitcoin owners have less than 0.1 BTC each

the fees to transfer $100 worth of BTC cost around $25. that is outrageous

that means 90% of the owners cant even afford to transfer their coins without losing a lot of money
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rikybrosh

Activity: 478
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:22:19 AM

Yes the fee is too high, I hope there is a way to lowering the fee of bitcoin transaction. The current fee will not good for daily transactions, I am sure that people will prefer like to use paper money if the fee is still high.

reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:26:58 AM

Right now, fees are even higher than you transaction. I was trying to send around $5 to external wallet but thwn the fee is $8. Fees are getting crazy.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 07:31:46 AM

Estimate fee ( https://estimatefee.com/ ) seems to believe that if you are prepared to wait 7 days for a confirmation, the fee for a "standard" transaction should be $0.63.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
ShortCoins (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:45:11 AM

This is supposed to be the money of the future.

I personally don't want to wait a week and pay 25% fee. That's some bullshit
howard.ashoul

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 07:45:32 AM

Yes.  Angry It should be done something about that!

My cryptocurrency portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/. Track your coins rates for free, no registration!
Scor1937

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:48:19 AM

I have most of my transactions stuck at blockchain. Although i payed the fees for the transactions, I can't confirm any of my transaction. One of my transaction is stuck from 4 days and it is really annoying me now. I tried to use some of the best transaction accelerators but they are of no use. Hopw the problem will be resolved sooner as i am now facing some major issues due to the network congestion.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:50:44 AM

Yeah the price is too high because of more number of pending transactions and the transaction done oer second is very less than normal tine I don't know why this is happening but lot of bitcoin miners maybe inactive.Maybe it is the effect of mining banned in China but not sure when this problem going to solve if the price keeps increasing then it is not good for the bitcoin future.
crytomusica

Activity: 101

Cointed. The Future of the Money

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:56:26 AM

Yes the fee is too high, I hope there is a way to lowering the fee of bitcoin transaction. The current fee will not good for daily transactions, I am sure that people will prefer like to use paper money if the fee is still high.

This is one of the sad side of this beautiful market. This muıch transaction fee is not really sustainable. I believe that will effect the future of bitcoin.

Re3urst

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:06:38 AM

I have most of my transactions stuck at blockchain. Although i payed the fees for the transactions, I can't confirm any of my transaction. One of my transaction is stuck from 4 days and it is really annoying me now. I tried to use some of the best transaction accelerators but they are of no use. Hopw the problem will be resolved sooner as i am now facing some major issues due to the network congestion.

People don't care. Euphoria is rampant. People will continue to buy due to FOMO and thinking it will go up forever. Bitcoin pays no dividend and produced no cash flow. I am glad I cashed out my initial investment. No such thing as profit until cash is in your bank account.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:09:41 AM

This is really a problem since the past when bitcoin only are gaining an upper value many are sure irritated with the fees over the transaction, but even if many are thinking about the Outrageous transaction fees let's look on the bright side bitcoin will still be bitcoin regarding its transaction fees, every time bitcoin surge its price we can see that the transaction fees also would increase as well, I really think this is necessarily for the miners fee and everything and if you are not OK with the transaction fees right now then wait for it to go down or you can check this service https://btc.com/stats/unconfirmed-tx to see what transaction fee is more economic for you.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:17:04 AM

This is one of the sad side of this beautiful market. This muıch transaction fee is not really sustainable. I believe that will effect the future of bitcoin.

I thought also, If fees were this high then bitcoin will need a front coin to support microtransactions. I hope lightning helps.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:18:33 AM

Yep. And people choose to believe that statement despite all these glaring flaws because they know that in the grand scheme of things, Bitcoin is still in its infancy. Bitcoin has a community and a group of developers that are trying to ensure that Bitcoin evolves with the times. That part has hit a snag partly because of Bitcoin's explosive boom, but I have no doubt in my mind that these problems will be solved eventually. For now, I'm willing to wait it out.

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:18:44 AM

The good thing is the progress of development of Bitcoin lightning network is running nicely. We can see it already been successfully tested on the mainnet test. Although, it still needs more development to be able to reach the perfect and stable state.
mickymax777

Activity: 96
Merit: 11

Cryptologist

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:22:46 AM

I love bitcoin and is a huge advocate for it, but I do not exchange using BTC. As mentioned above it is way too expense and slow - but it keeps is value and that is all I want.

I use LTC to exchange, it's much faster and cheaper, have a look at the price increase of LTC due to this. LTC is going to skyrocket due to the increase of use.

I've seen comments from prominent members in the crypto space that LTC will reach $500 shortly.

The silver of the cryptospace.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:29:53 AM

The good thing is the progress of development of Bitcoin lightning network is running nicely. We can see it already been successfully tested on the mainnet test. Although, it still needs more development to be able to reach the perfect and stable state.

Unfortunately, nobody is going to use the lightning network if the fees to open and close a channel are high.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 08:47:09 AM

Yep. And people choose to believe that statement despite all these glaring flaws because they know that in the grand scheme of things, Bitcoin is still in its infancy. Bitcoin has a community and a group of developers that are trying to ensure that Bitcoin evolves with the times. That part has hit a snag partly because of Bitcoin's explosive boom, but I have no doubt in my mind that these problems will be solved eventually. For now, I'm willing to wait it out.

They've had 8 years to foresee this let alone figure it out.  8 years is an eternity in the software world.  If they have not solved this by now I tend to lean toward the idea that there is no solution that will make everyone happy...and right on queue the futures markets open to allow the billionaires to ease their way out of the sinking ship.  Note that the fiddlers are still playing music as the Titanic is halfway underwater.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3643

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 08:49:15 AM

bitcoin has a massive demand lest 7 months, a lot of people start saving some BTC,  compressing on network and high fee to be confirmed.

you win fast free money without making anything, 100$ will be 120$-170$ so when paying  25$ for the fee it’s mean you send 100$ with 0 extra money right?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
hilda483

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:55:46 AM

Too damn HIGH! You sned 25$ and you pay 5$ what the hell? Is it a bank in disguise or something? I feel you man, this is indeed outrageous.

RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 09:03:18 AM

Simple solution: use the real Bitcoin. Real Bitcoin has near zero fees.  It always has.  Bitcoin.com

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: