Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:54:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: List of US Banks That Allow Use of MT.Gox  (Read 1751 times)
thehedgemon (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:07:55 AM

I'm wondering if anyone has a list of major banks that will accept both deposit and withdrawals in accordance with MT. Gox.

BTC: 16HGf2iKT5WNAV6QEaRVwcjv8SVrcXi8G8
LTC: LhasgjKcuHec8oMPADNe8XAK5RXCd4h4D5
XRP: rQDdjhKbLRDe3K7MxPnnpp6k7XSMjPbt1B
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:54:16 AM

Sure.

Here it is:
thehedgemon (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:01:35 PM

Sure.

Here it is:

HA!

Point taken.

BTC: 16HGf2iKT5WNAV6QEaRVwcjv8SVrcXi8G8
LTC: LhasgjKcuHec8oMPADNe8XAK5RXCd4h4D5
XRP: rQDdjhKbLRDe3K7MxPnnpp6k7XSMjPbt1B
tuheeden

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:34:09 PM

The issue is not with your bank. I have settled my Mt Gox account into several banks and even a few credit unions.

The trouble in the past was when there became a LARGE amount of transactions, it began to look like money laundering to the analytic software that runs and therefore the banks must address high risk situations, usually by closing the account.

So if you using Mt Gox to buy or sell bitcoins in reasonable amounts, any bank or credit union will do.

The same will apply if you on localbitcoins.com and you start depositing a bunch of cash/checks and then buying a bunch of bitcoins on Mt Gox, it will start to look like money laundering again. There has to be two way transactions or some legitimate reason why a bunch of cash and/or checks are coming in and being transferred out.

This is no different than if you were doing the same with euro's.

Banks and Credit Unions want in on the action, but the regulations are VERY cut and dried about money laundering.

WinVery.com

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:14:39 AM

They are now of the mind to blatantly steal from their customers, Mtgox is.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 01:32:41 PM

IAFCU FTW

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:28:57 PM

The issue is not with your bank. I have settled my Mt Gox account into several banks and even a few credit unions.

The trouble in the past was when there became a LARGE amount of transactions, it began to look like money laundering to the analytic software that runs and therefore the banks must address high risk situations, usually by closing the account.

So if you using Mt Gox to buy or sell bitcoins in reasonable amounts, any bank or credit union will do.

The same will apply if you on localbitcoins.com and you start depositing a bunch of cash/checks and then buying a bunch of bitcoins on Mt Gox, it will start to look like money laundering again. There has to be two way transactions or some legitimate reason why a bunch of cash and/or checks are coming in and being transferred out.

This is no different than if you were doing the same with euro's.

Banks and Credit Unions want in on the action, but the regulations are VERY cut and dried about money laundering.

Would foreign bank run into the same situation (non-US and non-Europe)?
zeroblock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:19:06 PM

I heard North Korea accepts wires from Mt.Gox.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: