Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:54:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Government based Blockchain Technology!  (Read 205 times)
TonyMark (OP)

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:41:30 AM

An intelligence and security organisation responsible for providing signals intelligence and information assurance to the government and armed forces of the United Kingdom has confirmed that Governments are fascinated by the technology and doing more research is there any chance that new currency might be born in control of government

what if we are forced to use the new one instead of Bitcoin?
Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:48:12 AM

An intelligence and security organisation responsible for providing signals intelligence and information assurance to the government and armed forces of the United Kingdom has confirmed that Governments are fascinated by the technology and doing more research is there any chance that new currency might be born in control of government

There will be a great effect and changes in the world of cryptocurrency. Bitcoin for sure will decline because the government can direct people to use that government currency. We are know that bitcoin is decentralized and because of that government will think a best way how to manipulate people even there is so called, bitcoin.
AwpDragonPoor

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:50:30 AM

No one would use it. One of the main advantages that bitcoin provides is the factor of decentralisation. A central power should not be controlling all of the funds. If the government were to introduce to us this "Blockchain Technology", people would prefer fiat over it due to same disadvantages and no real advantages that come from this new payment method.
knien

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:04:01 AM

Governments are creating rules to gain control in the crypto currency world.
I think that as governments starting to succeed in this, we will see a clear shift to the use of anonymous crypto currency in the near future.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:36:35 AM

the source for this was pretty damn funny Cheesy
we already know there are governments from different countries working on cryptocurrencies of their own, there is no need for some weird source telling us about it. the biggest one since they started first, is the Indian one in my opinion called Lakshmi.

can they force you to use credit cards?

Only Bitcoin
TonyMark (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:05:00 AM

No one would use it. One of the main advantages that bitcoin provides is the factor of decentralisation. A central power should not be controlling all of the funds. If the government were to introduce to us this "Blockchain Technology", people would prefer fiat over it due to same disadvantages and no real advantages that come from this new payment method.
what if the governments of world together hacks all the miners and the users of bitcoin and removes what is known for its Decentralised
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:49:00 AM

There is no technological opportunity to do this. Perhaps with the advent of quantum computers and technologies, they will have a chance to do this. But by the time cryptotechnologies are the same they will not stand still.
TonyMark (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:43:05 AM

Governments are creating rules to gain control in the crypto currency world.
I think that as governments starting to succeed in this, we will see a clear shift to the use of anonymous crypto currency in the near future.
What about Bitcoin then, or the altcoin such as Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash etc.?
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 06:02:39 AM

As far as you are can use the internet and VPN, no one can stop you from using Bitcoin. However, when it comes to the decentralisation focused technology like Blockchain, it would an irony to see that governments launching it for any purpose because in that case, the whole control will be in the hands of the government and it won't remain decentralized and it doesn't make sense to me if implemented in that way.
ipsum100

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:18:32 AM

Every coin of your taxes would be known in what is spent, that interests governments? In a world of transparency it would be ideal, but I am afraid that the blockhain will only be used to reduce costs.
chimcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:21:04 AM

I think you are right, and there are various argument in regard to Bitcoin use or outright it ban. I think Governments might not be able to prevent or ban all cryptocurrency existence , but they can significantly discourage their use. For example  China has not banned the use of cryptocurrencies. It has banned cryptocurrency exchanges and initial coin offerings (ICOs). Even still, it has prompted some to consider whether a government might ban cryptocurrencies like bitcoin — and, perhaps more importantly, whether such a ban would be effective.
In my own opinion,Bitcoin will remain decentralized or it becomes unattractive if it come under government control.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:22:28 AM

Why would we be forced to use that other one over Bitcoin? Cryptocurrency is just one application of blockchain use. The blockchain is basically just a public ledger after all. Dubai has already set its sight on a use that doesn't involve cryptocurrencies.

I would support governments using blockchain technlology, even. I wouldn't say no for added transparency, and this is exactly that. The blockchain is a revolutionary piece of tech, and it's only going to evolve from here.

Government backed cryptocurrencies are a different story though. I would have to see one in action before I decide where I stand on the issue.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: