Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:06:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Name the coins you think can catch up with Bitcoin's price in the future?  (Read 740 times)
c15 (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:17:44 AM

Will Ethereum be able to do it?

RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:23:24 AM

not a chance.
even if we ignore all the problems that Ethereum has such as scaling and the fact that all transactions are stuck and cost of sending a transaction is increasing by the minute, we are still left with the biggest flaw that will prevent the rise to anywhere near bitcoin.

and that flaw is its huge supply plus the fact that it has no cap. until eternity there will be new ETH issued and fill the market to increase the supply to no end. it is a simply supply and demand relationship.

Buying the dip...
c15 (OP)

Activity: 204

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:30:30 AM

not a chance.
even if we ignore all the problems that Ethereum has such as scaling and the fact that all transactions are stuck and cost of sending a transaction is increasing by the minute, we are still left with the biggest flaw that will prevent the rise to anywhere near bitcoin.

and that flaw is its huge supply plus the fact that it has no cap. until eternity there will be new ETH issued and fill the market to increase the supply to no end. it is a simply supply and demand relationship.
gotcha, do other coins have it in them to supersede BTC in price in the future?

Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:48:20 AM

I don't think there is any currently but the one that will be able to oust bitcoin from the throne would have to come with a different approach  and technology maybe so that people would want to try them out than all the other altcoin variants of bitcoin and bitcoin itself.
TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:54:38 AM

Litecoin and Ethereum are possible. If there are any other coins that pass Bitcoin, it may be possible that it hasn't been created yet.

crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:00:35 AM

Litecoin and Ethereum are possible. If there are any other coins that pass Bitcoin, it may be possible that it hasn't been created yet.

For now bitcoin will lead us to a good future and who knows altcoins may surpass bitcoin but it takes time or it will never happen. Bitcoin is powerful and even ETH can't beat BTC because bitcoin technology is way better than ETH. The demand for bitcoin are continue to increase and for sure in the coming years bitcoin will still remain on top.
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:02:46 AM

Ethereum is over hyped and dead tech,

Most interesting are  the z-coins, zen-cash is my favorite, easy to mine, which means, its like 2011 right now

BTG will be supported by china forever and its easy to mine

Sure LTC will be around, but not likely to go up much,

Lot's of good penny coin's, but most are just single guys in moms basement

Zen-Cash has really good marketing, and its founders have all been around the block, they're serious about solving problems,

BITCOIN Classic doesn't give a shit about the problems, these ppl are in denial, they're all rich, and they follow "if it work, then don't fix it model', which means that BTC is now just a bank for rich ppl, and will never be a micro-payment system.

There are +2,000 alt-coins, most are garbage and bullshit,

If you discount the ICO's and BOUNTY's and all the bullshit MLM shit you can cut out 90% of the shit, .. that leaves with a few solid people that are serious about scaling & privacy.

Team BITCOIN-CORE doesn't give a shit about privacy, they know that when google or FANG buys them out the entire reason is to SPY on ppl, thus they work hard to keep BITCOIN open for easy forensic spying.

Monero is cool, but its ECDSA is weak by design, if I wasn't bored of this shit I would fix MONERO problems and deliver a real privacy box that had equihash algo, ...

Enough said, is there a horse that will drink the water if I hold the bucket?
bitfools

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:05:10 AM

I don't think there is any currently but the one that will be able to oust bitcoin from the throne would have to come with a different approach  and technology maybe so that people would want to try them out than all the other altcoin variants of bitcoin and bitcoin itself.

Problem right now is that all the first gen crypto DEV-Man-Kids are fat dumb and lazy, somewhere in south-africa, or myanmar, is a child with a computer, who is willing to work, and he'll resolve the problem ( privacy and scaling ) and shoot crypto to the moon, .... until then we'll just along with btc the little train that couldn't go very fast
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:05:25 AM

maybe some new coin in the future which is laying low but it certainly wouldn't be ethereum or most of the coins that are currently on top of the market cap list because they are all with big supplies which is why they are on top.

but it is not impossible to see an altcoin that nobody hyped ever to grow big. maybe some new project that is not created yet.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:10:55 AM

not a chance.

Yeah no chance for ethereum bro. As of now I don't see any coins or tokens that will catch up on Bitcoin price. Maybe in 5 or 10 years some will catch or Bitcoin will continue to rise and no one can catch up.  Grin
tanghere1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:14:45 AM

Sure, why not? Anything can happen it's not like it's predetermined or anything. But I think it's possible.

Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:17:53 AM

Ethereum and LTC will certainly be my 2 candidates for the spot , even tho i don't think that any other altcoin has enough momentum to compete with bitcoin because it has simply gone crazy and has made the race much more difficult for other altcoins .

Furthermore even if an altcoin tends to catch up with bitcoin's value it'll be much more difficult because the majority of the new altcoins ( and even the old one like Eth ) have so many drawbacks that makes the job harder for them , such as an endless supply because following the low of demand and supply and with knowing that bitcoin has only 21M coins , there'll be one day where the demand will keep increasing while the supply is nearly over . For other coins there'll always be supply to match demand which will make scaling very hard and there won't be any competition between people to obtain that coin .
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:21:27 AM

Ethereum and LTC will certainly be my 2 candidates for the spot , even tho i don't think that any other altcoin has enough momentum to compete with bitcoin because it has simply gone crazy and has made the race much more difficult for other altcoins .

Furthermore even if an altcoin tends to catch up with bitcoin's value it'll be much more difficult because the majority of the new altcoins ( and even the old one like Eth ) have so many drawbacks that makes the job harder for them , such as an endless supply because following the low of demand and supply and with knowing that bitcoin has only 21M coins , there'll be one day where the demand will keep increasing while the supply is nearly over . For other coins there'll always be supply to match demand which will make scaling very hard and there won't be any competition between people to obtain that coin .

I am guessing this is only temporary and trading will go back to normal in a few days after all these positive news coming from the futures. This is usual, whenever there is news, good or bad, it affects bitcoin prices greatly. It's funny because this only means that bitcoin prices are quite fragile. Even a small issue makes it drop significantly and a small step would jump the price by double in just a few days. Quite scary in fact.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:22:10 AM

Dude here is the Bitcoin section!
Haven't you read that?
Shill and discuss your altcoins somewhere else, but not here!
No other coin will be able to catch up with Bitcoin!
Were HTTP or TCP/IP the best protocols back in the days? No!
But they were the first! Therefore first mover advantage, network effect play a very significant role here.
It's the same with Bitcoin. Most of these will disappear over the next couple of years. And with sidechains, drivechains, Lightning network, cross chain atomic swaps most of the features of altcoins can esily be implemented and used for Bitcoin, with messing up the base protocol!
Altcoins were and mostly testnets for Bitcoin in terms of the technological perspective! And from financial perspective they exist to make Bitcoin holders more Bitcoin! Simple is that.
The sooner you realize that, the better!
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:23:43 AM

We can't say Etherium can beat Bitcoin as of now. There are no other cryptocurrency can beat how far the Bitcoin reached. Maybe if there is another one, we expect it to launch by next year but needs time to catch up what Bitcoin did already in our community.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitfools

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:28:05 AM

maybe some new coin in the future which is laying low but it certainly wouldn't be ethereum or most of the coins that are currently on top of the market cap list because they are all with big supplies which is why they are on top.

but it is not impossible to see an altcoin that nobody hyped ever to grow big. maybe some new project that is not created yet.

I think bitcoin-z fits your bill, its got solid support on github, and native to this forum, and it can only go up, its bTC based with equihash mining, its everything a mother could want and no pre-mine, and no marketing cuz its a SW geek creation.
deepika the crypto girl

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:31:18 AM

I think ether would be the one. No, other altcoins will able to replace bitcoins
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:33:44 AM

Hey, i can hardly imagine that one of the present currencies could replace or catch up the bitcoin. Bitcoin is like a father of all crypto coins with its problem, yes.But it have to be happen something really bad, that bitcoin loses positions of first crypto currency in the world.

bitfools

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:35:57 AM

Dude here is the Bitcoin section!
Haven't you read that?
Shill and discuss your altcoins somewhere else, but not here!
No other coin will be able to catch up with Bitcoin!
Were HTTP or TCP/IP the best protocols back in the days? No!
But they were the first! Therefore first mover advantage, network effect play a very significant role here.
It's the same with Bitcoin. Most of these will disappear over the next couple of years. And with sidechains, drivechains, Lightning network, cross chain atomic swaps most of the features of altcoins can esily be implemented and used for Bitcoin, with messing up the base protocol!
Altcoins were and mostly testnets for Bitcoin in terms of the technological perspective! And from financial perspective they exist to make Bitcoin holders more Bitcoin! Simple is that.
The sooner you realize that, the better!

If the ethereum shills sent all their bots to code rather than shill ether would be #1, but sadly ethereum is 90% marketing, 5 % yellow'piss'white paper, and 5% code, and thats the problem,

BTC didn't come #1 from marketing or bullshit, they were first, but mainly cuz 100's of guys worked their ass off for free long before anyone had any notion of getting rich.

Problem folks is when a person works for riches, his heart is never in the game, good code comes from the heart not the greedy moron.

The next BTC must be the same, it must come from Dev's on github that are serious about teamwork and resolving what ails bitcoin, with no pre-mining, and may the best software win.
BitcoinFrik

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:37:32 AM

I am willing to bet on Ripple, Lamden and other new coins that are coming. Everything on the market is old right now, even if they are based on this new tech.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: