Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:51:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long one needs to wait for TradeHill to send BTCs?  (Read 1168 times)
zby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 04:43:01 PM

I've tried to withdraw bitcoins from TradeHill - the interface says it can take up to 12 hours - but I thought this is just to cover the confirmation time and that they would send the bitcoins immediately.  When I look at blockexplorer there are no transfers to the address I used for over half an hour now Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marvinmartian

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 05:34:01 PM

It can take a while, as I've recently learned too.  It's not just TH.  It can take a while for gox or any other btc transfer.  You have to wait for a certain # of confirmations.  I think for gox it's 6.  Not sure about the rest.

Generally speaking, I've found TH transfers to be the quickest actually.

"... and the geeks shall inherit the earth."
zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 08:17:01 PM

It can take a while, as I've recently learned too.  It's not just TH.  It can take a while for gox or any other btc transfer.  You have to wait for a certain # of confirmations.  I think for gox it's 6.  Not sure about the rest.

I am well aware of the confirmation process - the problem was that it did not seem that they initiated the transfer at all.  But eventually it went through.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 03:01:54 AM

I am well aware of the confirmation process - the problem was that it did not seem that they initiated the transfer at all.  But eventually it went through.

Normally it's less than half an hour.
We verify large amounts to make sure nothing weird is going on or an account wasn't hacked etc.
If you try to pull a large amount you will probably get a confirmation email.
This isn't written on the site and I'm going to update it right now.

-Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:39:50 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2011, 06:56:56 PM by zby

It can take a while, as I've recently learned too.  It's not just TH.  It can take a while for gox or any other btc transfer.  You have to wait for a certain # of confirmations.  I think for gox it's 6.  Not sure about the rest.

I am well aware of the confirmation process - the problem was that it did not seem that they initiated the transfer at all.  But eventually it went through.

Normally it's less than half an hour.
We verify large amounts to make sure nothing weird is going on or an account wasn't hacked etc.
If you try to pull a large amount you will probably get a confirmation email.
This isn't written on the site and I'm going to update it right now.

-Jered
That depends on what is large amount - but I did not get any emails so I guess it was not large amount.  And today the same thing happens.  It is even more frustrating because there is no way to see the past withdrawals and verify the address.

I have just lost money because of this misleading information - today it is even longer than last time, I am already waiting 4 hours and it still in Progress, while just in last hour there were 7 new blocks.
zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 07:12:28 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2011, 07:30:25 PM by zby

Update after even more waiting it eventually became 'Completed' - but in fact it was just sent to the bitcoin network and only started to get confirmations.  Update: I also made a mistake about the amounts being sent - because they are not displayed in order - I have to remove that accusation now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: