Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 12:02:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 of 3 monitors flickering on and off + tearing  (Read 135 times)
DefconMilk (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:46:50 AM

I posted this over on the gpumining subreddit and im also going to post it here because im completely baffled by what could be causing this issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/gpumining/comments/7j1bev/1_of_3_monitors_starting_to_flicker_on_and_off/

I recently started mining and everything has been going well, but when i toggled on optimize compute performance and set DSR factor to 2x (to stop the in use bug) and restarted my computer, My 3rd monitor using the onboard GPU started to flicker on and off. I disabled OCP globally and enabled it as application specific instead (On the cuda miner), But the problem is persisting with the 3rd monitor and onboard card. What could be causing it?
Dedicated GPU 980 TI
onboard used only for that 1 monitor is a intel HD 4600
The flicker continues whether the miner is running or not. Reverting changes in the Nvidia panel also did not work. The problem only started after restarting the computer. Any help is greatly appreciated.
The monitor in question is a asus 1080p, their is another 1080p LG monitor and 4k display that are both unaffected, both plugged into the 980ti so i assume it has something to do with the onboard card.

Edit: Added a video https://youtu.be/naXwYsROtM4

Edit 2: Uninstalling and reinstalling the Intel drive has not fixed the problem

If anyone could give me something to even try because im out of ideas.
DefconMilk (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:06:03 AM

To make matters even more interesting, Running a CPU miner (sumo in this case) stops the screen from flickering. Lol. Wtf
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:16:31 PM

Looks like a lamp problem with monitor.
Try replace monitors to check problem in gpu or monitor

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
DefconMilk (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:46:26 AM

Looks like a lamp problem with monitor.
Try replace monitors to check problem in gpu or monitor

Just an update, the monitor is fine, works flawlessly on another computer. I'm 100% certain this is a software issue, but as long as I keep a cpu load high the bug goes away (its weird right?). Eventually ill get around to reformating, and maby trying linux as well. That will probably fix the issues.
Deathwing
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1329

Stultorum infinitus est numerus

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 04:50:58 AM

It might be the DSR, because Nvidia CP is a software platform it might be trying to contact with all the monitors and tell them to use DSR/show them that DSR is active however, my guess is because that you don't have that 3rd monitor hooked in the GPU, it is causing issues.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: