Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:25:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GIL needs team members  (Read 4168 times)
Hydroponica (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:58:10 PM

Good day.
So, I created GIL, with a specific purpose in mind. As you all know, FF XIV : A realm reborn, is releasing next month. Now, what is one of the most anoying, tedious parts of playing an MMO? That's right, farming gold.
So, I had this idea. People who hate farming gold, could mine GIL with their CPU's or GPU's, when ever they are not playing FF XIV. They can then go to a website, and exchange it, for Gold. Gold farmers, could than take the GIL, bring it to an exchange, and trade it for BTC. People would buy the GIL from the exchange, and trade it for FFXIV gold. Rinse, repeat. This elimates a lot of the problems with buying MMO gold, with real money. It also brings a new crowd, into the crypto community.
Who doesn't want to make gold, for their favorite game, while away from their PC?
And it doesn't have to stop there, more games could be implicated, as we go along.
This is a huge endeavor. Not something I can really do, all by myself. I need team members. Anyone who believes in such a project, and would like to make it a reality, please, PM me, and join the GIL team.
I need programmers, web designers, marketers, ect.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:43:05 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2013, 07:04:05 PM by Hydroponica

Anyone interested, please visit the GIL Forums.

http://gil-exchange.com/forums

Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:34:18 PM

Why not just mine bitcoins when you're offline and give bitcoins to farmers and skip the middleman?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 06:39:10 PM

Or even better, merged mine bitcoins, namecoins, devcoins, groupcoins, coiledcoins, ixcoins, i0coins and geistgeld all at once and trade them all in for gold?

Or even keep the bitcoins to pay the electric bill and trade the others in for gold?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:42:57 PM

Or even better, merged mine bitcoins, namecoins, devcoins, groupcoins, coiledcoins, ixcoins, i0coins and geistgeld all at once and trade them all in for gold?

Or even keep the bitcoins to pay the electric bill and trade the others in for gold?

-MarkM-

Basically. I kinda doubt this coin is gonna be worth more than mining merged or whatever coinchoose says the flavor of the week is.
Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:46:36 PM

-MarkM-

Same reason everyone is in this forum to begin with? Because BTC is over taken by ASIC's. And we are talking final fantasy fans, who are UN familialiar with Crypto. You don't think buying GIL with GIL would appeal to their nostalgia?

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:47:36 PM

Why not just mine bitcoins when you're offline and give bitcoins to farmers and skip the middleman?

This.  The idea that a coin is needed for every particular activity is silly.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 06:55:44 PM

-MarkM-

Same reason everyone is in this forum to begin with? Because BTC is over taken by ASIC's. And we are talking final fantasy fans, who are UN familialiar with Crypto. You don't think buying GIL with GIL would appeal to their nostalgia?

Have you taken a poll of how many ASIC users merge ALL the coins? You could add in GIL as a new merged coin and virtually none of the ASIC people would add it into their merge.

But no need, just hack a copy of p2pool to write you a list of which users would have earned how much bitcoin instead of actually having it send the bitcoin, send them gold instead in game, and pocket all the bitcoin and other merged coins yourself.

Call the pool GILpool or something for their nostalgia's sake.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:36:40 PM

Bump. Need some community interest here

Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:42:58 PM

Updated forum address

Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:04:48 PM

Updated with GILs permanent home

http://gil-exchange.com/forums

broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:06:20 PM

Total posts 2. Total topics 2. Total members 4.

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:31:47 PM

Total posts 2. Total topics 2. Total members 4.

And? It opened a few hours ago Roll Eyes

barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:32:51 PM

-MarkM-

because bitcoin was a starter it is not the messiah of cryptos!!!!! please stop encouraging that line of thinking, it goes against the core values we all believe in. Also bitcoin is becoming obsolete, it takes too long to transfer funds.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:34:41 PM

More: it is utterly silly, it totally defines the purpose of money!
The whole point of money is acting as a common base unit...

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 07:36:55 PM

If this gets into the Final Fantasy crowd, SquareEnix will find out and you're going to get sued for profiting off of a trademarked name. The second any exchange adds it, you can kiss them and their entire website goodbye

If you don't think it's copyrighted, then you need to reread up on the subject, particularly the part that says "all names copyright SquareEnix"

They don't have to list every individual word they have under their Intellectual Property Protection

Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:38:49 PM

If this gets into the Final Fantasy crowd, SquareEnix will find out and you're going to get sued for profiting off of a trademarked name. The second any exchange adds it, you can kiss them and their entire website goodbye

If you don't think it's copyrighted, then you need to reread up on the subject

The word GIL is not trademarked, I looked, nor is the likeness of a giant yellow bird. I guess CAPs should probably watch out?

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 07:40:16 PM

If you don't think it's copyrighted, then you need to reread up on the subject

The word GIL is not trademarked, I looked, nor is the likeness of a giant yellow bird. I guess CAPs should probably watch out?

It's your ass, not mine. Chocobos and their likeness are also covered, yes. They have already sued people over the chocobo name and image.  I couldn't care less if you think you're right, but you're not. I warned you, that's all I care to do.

I just hope no exchange is stupid enough to try and fight a multi-billion dollar company in legal battles

Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:40:47 PM

Than I guess they should not have made it open sourced.
Now, I'm not forcing GIL on you, and it does have some interest from the community, so, if you don't have anything productive to add, kindly fuck off.

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 07:41:44 PM

Than I guess they should not have made it open sourced.
Now, I'm not forcing GIL on you, and it does have some interest from the community, so, if you don't have anything productive to add, kindly fuck off.

Anything productive? Lol, I just warned you on your biggest obstacle, but again, you take the side of stupid. Back to ignore with you, I guess

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: