Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:58:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will kill alt coins  (Read 1609 times)
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:42:15 PM

You only need to look at what happened this year...when BTC started climbing, many alts (like ETC, LTC, etc.) shot up with it...more aggressively actually.

There are things you can learn from history. Wink
ramsay snow

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:58:06 PM

do you think the price of bitcoin will rise forever? it will surely slow down and fall.
those who sell bitcoins will also buy altcoins Smiley this is a loop

Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:07:05 PM

Bitcoin does not seem to stop growing

2018 Altcoin is dead

A very big NO, that wouldn't happen, so far as Bitcoin exists, Altcoins will always be there.
The only thing that is going to happen is that most alts which have no significant usage or which doesn't have a place of application in the real world are the ones that might not be able to survive longer. But for others, they will always be there.
spyderbilt

Activity: 320
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:29:41 PM

I think bitcoin with its strongest position at this time will not kill altcoin, because altcoin currently has its own position and power in cryptocurrency, so it is impossible if bitcoin kills altcoin.
albio87

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:39:31 PM

it's just cyclic, now it's BTC turn then will be the alt's turn. Look at this year, from march since august more or less all alts had insane gains against BTC, from 10x since 200x, so wait, manage your losses balancing your portfolio and enjoy gains when alts are back
davidroux

Activity: 625
Merit: 250

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:42:30 PM

haha. you are kidding me? Look the development of Dash, Monero, Bitcoin cash, IOTA and Litecoin in 2017 and you said that Bitcoin will kill altcoin? I dont think so. Bitcoin never has ability to do that.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                 
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀                     

Powered by,
tauceramica

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:46:20 PM

No you're wrong. Most alts are superior to Bitcoin in terms of speed, scalability, security, anonimity...
So if BTC community keeps fighting each other with these hardforks it will probably be the other way around: alts will kill bitcoin.

Expecting a real stop from bitcoin is not that for real. Altcoins are losing value against bitcoin. This is not a new thing on exchanges. Bitcoin won't kill them they have a mutual relationship but it will dominate hard over the altcoins.
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 330

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:02:29 PM

2018 Altcoin is dead
Some altcoins do have different markets which means no matter how the price of bitcoin soars up it has nothing to do with those alts even though most of them do rely on bitcoins price but yet saying that they would gone because of btc then its an impossible stuff because theres a strong support and people who do buy on those alts which means it would stay no matter what as long theres a market then bitcoin cant do nothing and also come to think off that its much better to have alts because it would extent the possibility on making money even more rather than on having bitcoin alone.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Paypex

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:26:41 PM

2018 Altcoin is dead

Bitcoin & altcoins will usually co-exist for long. Bitcoin will slow down shortly, then all major alts will make a high jump Smiley
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:52:13 PM

The cryptocoins market has plenty of room for Bitcoin and good altcoins. Good altcoins will
also keep rising and outperform bitcoin.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:54:18 PM

No you're wrong. Most alts are superior to Bitcoin in terms of speed, scalability, security, anonimity...
So if BTC community keeps fighting each other with these hardforks it will probably be the other way around: alts will kill bitcoin.

Expecting a real stop from bitcoin is not that for real. Altcoins are losing value against bitcoin. This is not a new thing on exchanges. Bitcoin won't kill them they have a mutual relationship but it will dominate hard over the altcoins.

Each crypto currency has their own market place value so you will be able to invest on different coin according to your interest right. As like that you will be consider every crypto currency has their own marketplace circulation.
You do not think any coin in the crypto market in the competitive coins on the marketplace list. If that coins usage increases people will invest on it and it rate eqvilent with the fiat cash for I'll increases rapidly.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:02:32 PM

Most alt coins are completely useless and will die. A lot of altcoins are scams that will blow up soon enough. But a few alt coins have a bright future. The problem is finding the few valuable projects amoung all the rest.
Gangy

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:11:31 PM

Actually bitcoin's rise is good for alt coins in long term. Bitcoin will be much better in 2018 that's right but alt coins will also benefit from this. Only weak alt coins will be effected negatively from this and i don't think that's a bad thing because there are lots of useless alt coins that created only make money by greedy developers. Other strong alt coins like ethereum , waves etc will only get better when bitcoin gets better.

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:55:18 PM

2018 Altcoin is dead

I have to disagree. Altcoins has a different market. There are a lot of hardcore altcoins investors who doesn't want to invest in bitcoin. So the market will not die down easily. And as much as investors flocking to the bitcoin ecosystem, there are also fresh blood being pump into the altcoin as well. Maybe bitcoin is really gaining a lot because of so much positive news around like the traditional financial institutions getting into the bitcoin picture.

But there are a lot of companies who are partnering themselves in altcoin like Microsoft, IBM and Accenture. And recently, Ethereum and IOTA is booming because of this news. So I doubt that altcoin will be dead, on the contrary it could boom next year.

Yup, most solid alt coins are holding their USD value pretty well even in this bullish BTC run.

I would expect another april-may level bullrun in alts during 2018 as mass adoption of them becomes prevalent.

If my memory serves me right. This year March - June is the best months for bitcoin. Ethereum hit its all-time-high during that time and a lot of altcoins also has a massive jump. Let's see next year though, but I'm counting that it will be the same.

Both bitcoin and altcoin need each other to survived, Its a perfect example of homogenous market.

Me too, it may seem like bitcoin is killing all altcoins now, but I still believe that it's just the law of supply and demand. Right now, bitcoin is so in demand due to it's good price point that it has kept attention away from altcoins in the recent weeks. That being said, I think once the bitcoin surge subsides and settles down, then that would be the chance for altcoins to be reinvigorated and take back it's value, possibly have a surge of its own.

xebecstyx

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:26:30 PM

I agree with you in terms of short term trading. BTC is king because of mass adoption. Everyone tom, dick, and harry is just now finding about bitcoin causing the price to surge higher. However, when these toms, dicks, and harrys learn about how much faster, more scalable, more secure, and more anonymous other altcoins are, im confident they will also then move their investments from bitcoin to altcoins.

Bitcoin may well be considered altcoin killer, especially now that it has been racking up in value since last month. Following the current trend, if you would see how the surge is affecting altcoin prices, then there is a big chance that it would happen if it continues. What I fear if it will is that the market will be dull and one-sided because bitcoin will only be the cryptocurrency left in circulation, and it would actually affect other areas of the crypto market like ICOs, which is mostly dependent on altcoins.
cryptoDARO

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 09:30:41 PM

Bitcoin is in ultra-hype phase I'd say. It will most likely go on the bear market in a month or so (my opinion).
Altcoins will catch up and some won't.
kaya11

Activity: 1316
Merit: 110

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:41:30 PM

2018 Altcoin is dead

Take it easy, how can you be so sure that it will kill altcoins? Maybe your are talking of reducing altcoins market price when Bitcoin price increases, but the word kill is far from happening as exchanges wont be profitable anymore to traders, as you can see it's one factors that shakes BTC's price, the whales.

francis2

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:43:05 PM

2018 Altcoin is dead
Mistake, only those projects that are not worth a thing are going to disappear, all the projects that have valuable technology and good developers are going to flourish which means we need to invest in them as fast as possible since those coins are going to skyrocket as well.
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:47:14 PM

2018 Altcoin is dead
Mistake, only those projects that are not worth a thing are going to disappear, all the projects that have valuable technology and good developers are going to flourish which means we need to invest in them as fast as possible since those coins are going to skyrocket as well.

Agree. It may even turn out that if the developers do not improve the Bitcoin transfer functionality, one of the altcoins with high potential in 2018 will be strongly chasing BTC. There are many candidates...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rumble97

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:24:05 AM

2018 Altcoin is dead

It is not. your opinion is wrong. for bitcoin continues to increase, then altcoin is also still rising though not as high as the bitcoin. in 2018 altcoin will still be successful and have a value more and ride also
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: