Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:16:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will kill alt coins  (Read 1609 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 12:48:30 PM

It's ironic that wall street claimed that Bitcoin was useless when it actually had a use (before blockchain analysis destroyed its claim of "censorship resistant") that they are now paying a premium on Bitcoin when it actually is useless (store of value is not a good use case for technology unless you are selling vintage Black Berries or Apples to a computer collector/museum).

Nelske123

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:52:03 PM

I don't think bitcoin will kill altcoins, there are some altcoins that are very promissing in the use of blockchain. Maybe a lot of them will fall, but there will be survivors who will be very big.
But all the profitt that's made the last couple of months has too be payed by someone.....
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:14:39 PM

Bitcoin does not seem to stop growing

2018 Altcoin is dead

I have to disagree. Altcoins has a different market. There are a lot of hardcore altcoins investors who doesn't want to invest in bitcoin. So the market will not die down easily. And as much as investors flocking to the bitcoin ecosystem, there are also fresh blood being pump into the altcoin as well. Maybe bitcoin is really gaining a lot because of so much positive news around like the traditional financial institutions getting into the bitcoin picture.

But there are a lot of companies who are partnering themselves in altcoin like Microsoft, IBM and Accenture. And recently, Ethereum and IOTA is booming because of this news. So I doubt that altcoin will be dead, on the contrary it could boom next year.

Yup, most solid alt coins are holding their USD value pretty well even in this bullish BTC run.

I would expect another april-may level bullrun in alts during 2018 as mass adoption of them becomes prevalent.

If my memory serves me right. This year March - June is the best months for bitcoin. Ethereum hit its all-time-high during that time and a lot of altcoins also has a massive jump. Let's see next year though, but I'm counting that it will be the same.

Both bitcoin and altcoin need each other to survived, Its a perfect example of homogenous market.

I agree with your raised points. I don't think altcoins, even if it is in a very vulnerable state right now, that it can be killed off that easily. Many reliable altcoins like waves and eth has been part of the cryptocurrency market for quite a while now, which means that is a good indicator that it can withstand any changes that will be brought about by the changes bitcoin sparks in the market. Also, it won't die because developers won't allow it, they have means like pumping more coins in the market, your inciting more trades in order to get people's attention to it, which would amount to more trades and transactions. Also, the increase in value bitcoin sees now is, in a way, due to altcoins. The more people converting their altcoins to bitcoins, the better demand it gets which converts to a better market value.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
damir10

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:21:42 PM

It won't happen, because not everyone interested against bitcoin. many people also interested towards altcoin also because it is more profitable and require no capital which is too large.

Profitable is question for altcoins. Most of them are manipulated and their price may go lower at any time when there will be huge interest to Bitcoin.
d3nz

Activity: 1330
Merit: 264

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:27:00 PM

As far as i can see the reason why Bitcoin is much popular its because some merchant vendor is using it and being accepted as payment. And, also it is trending all over the world, people may think that this is a good investment that can earn their profit.

Bitcoin will not kill Altcoins when it comes to their features.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:37:20 PM

I don't think bitcoin will kill altcoins, there are some altcoins that are very promissing in the use of blockchain. Maybe a lot of them will fall, but there will be survivors who will be very big.
But all the profitt that's made the last couple of months has too be payed by someone.....

It was not literary kill, maybe it was happen because more investors are attracted to bitcoin instead of altcoins, but if you review the all trading sites. Almost all altcoins was in color green so it means that most of crypto currency in digital exchange we're increasing their value. It means that bitcoin together with the altcoins are increasing simultaneously.

So if we summary it, all crypto currencies are increasing trends, maybe it was happen because thru help of bitcoin more users were started to trust in crypto currency.
Nelske123

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:23:16 PM

the media did got the attention big time on bitcoin, all lot of people only think of bitcoin when they talk about crypto because they don't know the excistence of alts...
hilman01

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:59:36 PM

2018 Altcoin is dead
i thing bitcoin is supporting  alt coin, not kill it

whulfar

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:41:55 PM

i hope the transaction fee of the other coin doesn't grow too much, or will be inpossible to do them!
TokenForUs

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

Ccfound

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:47:22 PM

As long as bitcoin can not resolve the transactions fee there is no way on earth bitcoin will be used in daily basis. Most people choose altcoin for transfer between exchange or deposit in some website which accept altcoin.

changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:32:46 PM

so true bitcoin it will not kill the alt coins it's because they both need each other, maybe some alt coins will be dead or left behind but not all alt coins.alt coins has their own functions in crypto..im also hoping that all altcoins will grow each value because most of the bounty campaign gives tokens or coins.
HODL to the moon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:41:21 PM

Altcoins only fall in BTC value but rise in Dollar Value, overall the market is growing, so it is a good sign

kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:00:35 PM

It only looks like that, but in fact, for several months, the price and capitalization of altcoins market is changing in line with the price of Bitcoin.
The thesis that Bitcoin may kill altcoins is wrong - at least for the moment.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
tukagero

Activity: 994
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:11:34 PM

Its not bitcoin that will kill altcoins it is ethereum. The problem is here again, ethereum transanctions is congested once again, i send eth to my address yesterday and until now its pending.

vastmast

Activity: 378

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:07:05 PM

Its not bitcoin that will kill altcoins it is ethereum. The problem is here again, ethereum transanctions is congested once again, i send eth to my address yesterday and until now its pending.

Unfortunately, ethereum is in a problem. But we see, the price still does not fall.
We see once more how much is the right choice for investment Smiley

______________▂   arizn  ▂______________       ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                     ◄ ICO: 30% BONUS  ►
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Website Wallet Telegram Whitepaper     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
yrsat

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:16:25 PM

Many projects are worth nothing but have created many coins, it is these coins that will fall in price, and workers, good projects will grow in value and exist.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:36:36 PM

BTC is leading to way for better technologies. It will not kill altcoins, it has already paved the way for a whole new generation of better projects, maybe even with a better future than BTC itself.

BTC is the mother of all altcoins, but it won't eat it's descendants like the gods in Greek mythology. BTC will rule for a long time but it will live side by side with a lot of other crypto currencies.

Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:41:10 AM

2018 Altcoin is dead
Why you think this?you are in wrong thinking. Bitcoin will not kill any other coins. Bitcoin has own value and like that others altcoin has own value. Though price of altcoin depends on bitcoin's price, they will still run on their own way.
Serg22

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:47:51 AM

Indeed, many coins are not able to compete with the frenzied growth of bitcoin and this situation will lead to the closure of many projects.
qwertylolxd

Activity: 322
Merit: 31

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:14:28 PM

2018 Altcoin is dead
Recently, altcoyins feel not bad even with correction bitcoin so I think he will not kill them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: