Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 09:44:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Screen Scrape Rules  (Read 889 times)
metacoin (OP)

Activity: 437
Merit: 260

balance

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 03:11:47 PM

If a bot were to scrape a thread for posts with a certain message in them, would this be against the rules of the forum?

Specifically the page would be downloaded once every 2-3 minutes at most, or whatever is acceptable.

Simply wondering what the rules are regarding this.

pin.org
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3102

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 03:15:46 PM

If a bot were to scrape a thread for posts with a certain message in them, would this be against the rules of the forum?

Specifically the page would be downloaded once every 2-3 minutes at most, or whatever is acceptable.

I asked about this recently, and it is allowed, as long as you don't hammer the server with requests.  Once every 2-3 minutes is fine.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
metacoin (OP)

Activity: 437
Merit: 260

balance

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 03:17:29 PM

I asked about this recently, and it is allowed, as long as you don't hammer the server with requests.  Once every 2-3 minutes is fine.
Thanks for the information. I tried searching this forum for "screen scrape" and didn't get many results, even though there's a recent thread about it on the first page. Could you possibly provide a link to your discussion?

pin.org
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 03:18:45 PM

Probably in PM. As someone who reads pretty much every meta post, haven't heard of a mention of that.

Slightly offtopic but I don't think it's worth it's own thread, how do I get a message given an ID?
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:23:29 PM

Probably in PM. As someone who reads pretty much every meta post, haven't heard of a mention of that.

Slightly offtopic but I don't think it's worth it's own thread, how do I get a message given an ID?
You need the topic ID as well:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=[topic id].msg[message id]#msg[message id]

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: