Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:13:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New miner introduction & questions  (Read 229 times)
Seeko (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:25:01 PM

Hey,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the board. I've been into cryptocurrencies since May 2017 and it has been a very informative journey. I've learned a lot about how I view money myself, as well as what money actually is and could be, as well as the power of the blockchain and other decentralized networks. I haven't spent much time lurking these forums, but I am aware that much knowledge and wisdom comes from here, so thank you to everyone here who has contributed and carried bitcoin and altcoins thus far.

With that said, I just bought 2 1080ti's to begin my first miner build. I have experience with putting together gaming PC's, and I'm familiar with most of the hardware and operating software (command lines, etc) but this still feels brand new to me, so I'm trying to learn everything I can. I've been following VoskCoin's YouTube channel, and I see that he's here too, so that's cool. I've actually taken half of my crypto holdings to build this rig, and I only need a few more pieces to finish. Looking forward to getting started, and I have a couple of questions...

Considering the current Bitcoin action, would it be wise to use all of my crypto holdings to fund a miner? I plan on actively maintaining and operating the miners to ensure maximum profitability and my strategy is to sell enough to get my ROI and pay the electricity, then hold the rest. I know nobody knows what's going to happen tomorrow, but it would be nice to hear about other peoples experiences with selling their crypto for mining equipment... I mean, it would essentially be like buying more crypto either way, right? Trying to figure this out...

I think that's everything for now.. I'll keep this updated with my build and how everything goes. Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Later

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 04:50:57 PM

Since you are starting to build your own mining build i think better to continue to mine but don't forget of holding crypto mainly for bitcoin because as you can seen bitcoin is huge price increase than altcoin.. You are good to go and choose the right way but i recommend to buy miner not in GPU because its not so profitable i mean the ROI is longer than buying a real hardware for mining like antminer s9 its more efficient that the other hardware if we compare the electricity of hashing power i will go invest and buy antminer s9 it can gives me i think $25 to $35 in bitcoin daily with the current price and difficulty..
But you can be still mine coins with GPU but it takes longer before you can get your ROI..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Seeko (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:39:17 PM

I'm familiar with asics, but from what I understand, aren't they outdated way sooner than GPUs? I hear stories about people ordering them, only to have them be obsolete due to increasing algorithm difficulty before they actually receive them. How do you avoid this? How do you time it so you can sell it before it's too late, yet still remain profitable?
Seeko (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:49:08 AM

Well, I'm brand new to all of this. Currently setting up my rig now. Only have 2 1080ti's in now, but I'll be adding more soon. I'm looking at Monacoin, as I hear it has a great future. Also zcash, but if you want maximum profitability, whattomine.com is your best friend.
ghosuk

Activity: 243

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:11:29 AM

Do I need to buy superconfigured supercomputers to become miner?
GregorWar

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:58:51 AM

Do I need to buy superconfigured supercomputers to become miner?

i'm considering to buy this for mining:

- H81PRO BTC R2.0
- CPU intel 1150
- D3 4GB
- SSD 60GB
- PCU 1200W PLATINUM
- RX 570 8GB...i would prefer 470 8gb but can't get it (no stock) or the price is just to high

hope i helped u...

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:22:10 PM

It is no longer feasible to mine bitcoins with a PC. However, you can mine other coins and get paid in bitcoins, using a site such as NiceHash. You should expect to make a couple dollars per day, at most.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: