Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:39:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I proceed when MtGox refuses to communicate?  (Read 3399 times)
LFTR (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 06:07:41 PM

Nearly one month ago, on 6 June, I initiated a withdrawal of USD from my MtGox account to my Dwolla account.

This withdrawal did not occur because of issues with the Dwolla API change. Those issues were resolved by MtGox on 10 June. They still failed to send that withdrawal despite several emails from me with the details of the missing transaction. After the hack they set up their new support desk system. I created a ticket explaining the issue, which was closed with no communication or action. I created a follow-up ticket, asking if the withdrawal was on its way. That ticket was also closed with no communication or action.

I have still not received the withdrawal. MtGox has effectively stolen my money. I sold BTC for USD, which MtGox has drained from my account and kept. How do I proceed if they just keep closing my tickets?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitebitebite

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 06:27:56 PM

IRC magicaltux (not sure if thasts the correct spelling)
bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 06:29:48 PM

I'm getting the same thing from them.  And I'm getting sick of their shit.

They close my tickets without even letting me know anything.  I'm still missing BTC that I deposited the day of the crash.  They have my BTC as I can see the transaction in blockexplorer.  I've given them all the information they need to know but they still aren't addressing my problem.  I opened a ticket as soon as I was allowed to log in over a week ago and saw that they weren't there.  They instead just close my tickets.  WTF?

This is a responsible company?  This is how you treat customers?  This is complete bullshit.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 06:33:53 PM

Open a ticket again. MtGox's team is really freakishly small and the volume of tickets is extremely high, so you need a lot of patience.

wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 06:45:37 PM

Open a ticket again. MtGox's team is really freakishly small and the volume of tickets is extremely high, so you need a lot of patience.

Small team or not, freakishly busy or not, the "Oh, OK, we have more tickets than we want, so we're going to ignore them and delete them all, close them with no response, and if it's really important, they'll submit another one, but of course we'll do the same thing" is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
bitcoiners

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 06:47:38 PM

I shouldn't have to hunt down someone all over the Internet to find out WTF is going on.  I'm addressing my problem through their website, you know where the business is.  It's not getting me anywhere.  And they aren't conducting it in a professional manner at all.  You know, getting in touch with your customers instead of your customers having to hunt you down all over the Internet.

I could only imagine how pissed the general public would be if they had to IRC every single company they are having issues with.  It's time to wake up MTGox.  You are dealing in millions of dollars of other people's money.  It's time you hired a staff that is capable of dealing with issues and support.

Lol, open another support ticket from the 10 I've opened and they've closed every fucking time?  Sorry not good enough.
SpaceLord

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 06:55:33 PM

I've been given the silent run-around for weeks as well. They have several hundred USD of my money, and apparently are ignoring dozens.
LFTR (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 07:11:03 PM

Wow. Sounds like a lot of people are in the same boat.

This is very, very confusing. The amount of time it takes to close a dozen tickets over several weeks is way longer than it would take to just look up my transaction, initiate my withdrawal, and be finished. They're either completely incompetent or determined to steal my money. If this isn't resolved within another 2 weeks (at which point it will be 6 weeks since I tried to withdraw) I'll start investigating the possibilities for legal action.
MeSarah

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 07:11:15 PM

File a complaint with the FBI and ask them to pursue an injuction preventing Dwolla from doing transactions with MtGox. Provide the FBI report you filed to Dwolla, this will add validity to your claims. If enough people complain to Dwolla they will stop doing business with MtGox as they dont want to be seen as aiding fraud. Dwolla's business model is 'to protect you from fraud'. This might not be the ideal way of handling the issue but it will protect others form losses and will stop this fraud that apparently MtGox is engauging in. Dont tell MtGox that you are or have filed a report with the FBI as this will only cause communications with MtGox to be impeded.

If all those affected by MtGox and the inability to recieve their funds after many atempts complain to Dwolla they just might stop sending money to MtGox until they start returning money. If MtGox hits you in the pocketbook hit them in their pocketbook. MtGox might be in Japan but Dwolla is in the USA and that is/should be your point of attack.

Stopping the flow of money to MtGox will cause them to refocus.

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ``````
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 07:24:51 PM

Contact the Japan Financial Services Agency.

Financial Services Agency
    The Central Common Government Offices No. 7,
    3-2-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8967 Japan

foreignpr@fsa.go.jp

Whether they like it or not, Mt. Gox is in a regulated industry, and they have some responsibilities they can't escape.  Like paying out depositors' money on demand.

A useful place to start might be a local "Invest Japan" office. 

http://www.jetro.go.jp/en/invest/

The Japanese government's Japan External Trade Organization has offices in most major countries devoted to encouraging people to invest in Japan. Their job is to guide people through Japanese government bureaucracy.  They might be helpful for finding out who to talk to at the FSA.
bitebitebite

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 07:28:15 PM

I shouldn't have to hunt down someone all over the Internet to find out WTF is going on.  I'm addressing my problem through their website, you know where the business is.

Dont redirect your anger to me with a snide response.

The OP (who is the one this is directed towards btw) asked How do I proceed when MtGox refuses to communicate? and this is the quickest/best solution considering it is regarding closing tickets through mt. gox without reply
bitcoiners

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 07:38:51 PM

I shouldn't have to hunt down someone all over the Internet to find out WTF is going on.  I'm addressing my problem through their website, you know where the business is.

Dont redirect your anger to me with a snide response.

The OP (who is the one this is directed towards btw) asked How do I proceed when MtGox refuses to communicate? and this is the quickest/best solution considering it is regarding closing tickets through mt. gox without reply

LOL.  Whoosh.
wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 07:40:03 PM

He was indeed snide, but the real question, honestly, is why do people keep defending Mt.Gox for acting dishonestly? And, yeah, it's dishonest to close a legitimate ticket without any response or action whatsoever. They have an obligation to provide support for their service. If they're not going to actually answer tickets they should remove the ticket system from their site: at least then potential customers know they're out in the cold if they have issues...

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
MeSarah

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 07:44:22 PM

I looked at the Dwolla web site. They have a dispute resolution process. Contact them via phone 1.515.280.1000 or email @ http://help.dwolla.com/customer/portal/emails/new .. I hope this helps.

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ``````
bitcoiners

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 07:45:27 PM

He was indeed snide, but the real question, honestly, is why do people keep defending Mt.Gox for acting dishonestly? And, yeah, it's dishonest to close a legitimate ticket without any response or action whatsoever. They have an obligation to provide support for their service. If they're not going to actually answer tickets they should remove the ticket system from their site: at least then potential customers know they're out in the cold if they have issues...

Bingo.

Oh, you forgot blame the victim.  That's one that's used here a lot as well.
bitebitebite

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 07:47:19 PM

Personally - My post was not to defend in any way, but simply offer the best/quickest solution to the problem. I agree fully with your post (and as a customer hope I never experience this), but in the interim I would be on IRC and have an answer ASAP, and certainly would not be snide towards people trying to help the situation
LFTR (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 07:51:06 PM

What IRC channel does magicaltux hang out in?

Edit: Can't find him in general bitcoin discussion channel or the MtGox tracker channel
bitcoiners

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 08:06:40 PM

Edit: Can't find him in general bitcoin discussion channel or the MtGox tracker channel

You need to wait there all day for him to come on then.
JackH

Activity: 381
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 08:17:17 PM

Contact the Japan Financial Services Agency.

Financial Services Agency
    The Central Common Government Offices No. 7,
    3-2-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8967 Japan

foreignpr@fsa.go.jp

Whether they like it or not, Mt. Gox is in a regulated industry, and they have some responsibilities they can't escape.  Like paying out depositors' money on demand.

A useful place to start might be a local "Invest Japan" office. 

http://www.jetro.go.jp/en/invest/

The Japanese government's Japan External Trade Organization has offices in most major countries devoted to encouraging people to invest in Japan. Their job is to guide people through Japanese government bureaucracy.  They might be helpful for finding out who to talk to at the FSA.

How do you know they are regulated? Where is their license number? Because as far I know they are not regulated, but are ment to be regulated since it is as you say, a regulated business. Correct me if I Am wrong.

<helo> funny that this proposal grows the maximum block size to 8GB, and is seen as a compromise
<helo> oh, you don't like a 20x increase? well how about 8192x increase?
<JackH> lmao
bitebitebite

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 08:24:57 PM

I think its now 5-6 am where he is, just check a few times during the day (I would guess he will login in the next few hours)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: