Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:30:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I proceed when MtGox refuses to communicate?  (Read 3399 times)
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 08:41:00 PM

Don't trust exchanges, they are essentially centralizing bitcoin, use http://btcnearme.com/ and trade hard cash for BTC, and you wont get charged BS fees as well, that goes for trade hill too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 08:43:49 PM

I don't think asking regulators to fix mess bodes well for bitcoiners. It may be the quick-fix solution but it will be damaging in the long term.

There's such a thing as regulatory capture and Japan is famous for it. I believe they have a term called Amakudari, which means "descent from heaven" for politicians that get crushy job in the companies that they used to regulate. That means corruptions wholesale.

It is easy to go after people after being very furious, but it is hard to be cautious about effects of your actions that could have a vast effects on others(and you) in the future.

In my case, if I have lot of money in MtGox, I would try to get it for a long time. Then forget it and take my loss. If I do get my money, I might as well leave MtGox and moves on to other exchanges and decentralize my accounts to the various exchanges and write a long letter to people as to why they should switch their asses to other exchanges. This will hopefully get their asses to other exchanges.

Don't forget that the biggest loser in the exchange crisis is MtGox and the biggest winners are the other exchanges. Inflicting loss for extremely poor service will discipline MtGox just as the security issue discipline MtGox.(With the extreme password security for example)

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 09:12:28 PM

Last time I checked, taking deposits and not returning them on demand may be a crime (depending on a number of qualifying factors such as country, industry, relevant contracts or lack of it, potentially fraudulent statements and actions etc...).

There is nothing wrong in asking authorities to pursue criminals even if the (potential) crime is not proven yet, apparently there are victims and this is enough.

If this means that a bunch of innocent speculators won't be able to speculate for a while, so be it. It is not victim's fault, is it?

-
bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 09:31:20 PM

I don't think asking regulators to fix mess bodes well for bitcoiners. It may be the quick-fix solution but it will be damaging in the long term.

There's such a thing as regulatory capture and Japan is famous for it. I believe they have a term called Amakudari, which means "descent from heaven" for politicians that get crushy job in the companies that they used to regulate. That means corruptions wholesale.

It is easy to go after people after being very furious, but it is hard to be cautious about effects of your actions that could have a vast effects on others(and you) in the future.

In my case, if I have lot of money in MtGox, I would try to get it for a long time. Then forget it and take my loss. If I do get my money, I might as well leave MtGox and moves on to other exchanges and decentralize my accounts to the various exchanges and write a long letter to people as to why they should switch their asses to other exchanges. This will hopefully get their asses to other exchanges.

Don't forget that the biggest loser in the exchange crisis is MtGox and the biggest winners are the other exchanges. Inflicting loss for extremely poor service will discipline MtGox just as the security issue discipline MtGox.(With the extreme password security for example)

Lol.  How hypocritical is this?

It's a crime.  I repeat a crime to steal money or assets, virtual or not. 

"Think of the others." lol.  What a bunch of fucking bullshit.  You are only thinking of yourself with your own post.

And MTGox is not the biggest loser.  They are still the largest exchange.

Closing valid support tickets with the proper information with proof they have my money with no intention of contacting me is THEFT as far as I'm concerned.

I have a right to report if if I'd like.  I'm not going to just sit back and allow them to fuck me.  I don't know who would.  Except for maybe you.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 09:36:49 PM

This is worrying me...
MtGox should know it only exists because of Bitcoin and this forum.
If he screws up over here for too long, he can pack up his bags and leave the business...
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 09:37:23 PM

Don't forget that the biggest loser in the exchange crisis is MtGox.
Not if their business strategy turns out to be "take the money and run".
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 09:43:53 PM

Don't forget that the biggest loser in the exchange crisis is MtGox.
Not if their business strategy turns out to be "take the money and run".

If that is their strategy, they could have done this 2 weeks ago...

I think there is another big problem: they are missing history of some trading and have problems dealing with that... It's no excuse but I guess they are unable to verify a claim, so they hope by closing the tickets and ignoring it, the problem will dissolve...
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 09:57:36 PM

They are certainly the biggest loser if you defined by how much business they lost and not who is the biggest guy out there.

Closing valid support tickets with the proper information with proof they have my money with no intention of contacting me is THEFT as far as I'm concerned.

I have a right to report if if I'd like.  I'm not going to just sit back and allow them to fuck me.  I don't know who would.  Except for maybe you.

There exists individuals who fear authorities more than thieves. Thieves are scroundels. Authorities that can hide behind legitimacy to cloak criminal acts are scarier.

Bitcoin Weekly would not sue people for plagiarizing and taken credit for our works, ever. We despise copyright laws more than we despise individual scroundels.

bitcoiners

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:06:20 PM

They are certainly the biggest loser if you defined by how much business they lost and not who is the biggest guy out there.

There exists individuals who fear authorities more than thieves. Thieves are scroundels. Authorities that can hide behind legitimacy to cloak criminal acts are scarier.

Bitcoin Weekly would not sue people for plagiarizing and taken credit for our works, ever. We despise copyright laws more than we despise individual scroundels.

I don't give a shit what you would do.  This is not you.

This is dozens of people from the looks of it.  Now stop only thinking of yourself and sticking up for thieves.  It's not swaying anyone.  We've had enough of their shit.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:20:57 PM

This is dozens of people from the looks of it.  Now stop only thinking of yourself and sticking up for thieves.  It's not swaying anyone.  We've had enough of their shit.

Who say I am defending the thieves? Your actions our impact me.

You want to fuck somebody who fuck you because he deserves it. Maybe he does deserve it, but you or your loved ones are not dead. Your intelligence is still there. Your life is still the same except some loss of money.

Your action will cause collateral damage. You bring in the authorities, they will regulate everything to shit and we get no say in how we run the bitcoin economy.

They have guns, taxing power, and the ability to coerce us at will. These are the same authorities who will pursue somebody for consuming marijuana and LSD despite not being a danger to people at all. These are the same authorities who fucked up 9/11 and play security theaters in airport. They are incompetent and dangerous.

If you sue somebody in this community, I don't want to do any fucking business with you. (That reminds me not to do business with mtgox or tradehill as they will give information to authorities to pursue silk road users)

bitcoiners

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:25:01 PM

Who say I am defending the thieves? Your actions our impact me.

You want to fuck somebody who fuck you because he deserves it. Maybe he does deserve it, but you or your loved ones are not dead. Your intelligence is still there. Your life is still the same except some loss of money.

Your action will cause collateral damage. You bring in the authorities, they will regulate everything to shit and we get no say in how we run the bitcoin economy.

They have guns, taxing power, and the ability to coerce us at will. These are the same authorities who will pursue somebody for consuming marijuana and LSD despite not being a danger to people at all. These are the same authorities who fucked up 9/11 and play security theaters in airport. They are incompetent and dangerous.

If you sue somebody in this community, I don't want to do any fucking business with you. (That reminds me not to do business with mtgox or tradehill as they will give information to authorities to pursue silk road users)

I don't care.  If you are that concerned about it.  How about a post on your publication asking MTGox what the deal is with not answering and closing valid support claims?

I'm not afraid of the Government.  I have nothing to hide.  Maybe you do.  I don't really care.  I'm not getting robbed just so you can feel "safe".  MTGox is doing this.  Not me.  How about putting a little pressure on them?  You know, instead of blaming the victims?
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:33:05 PM

I'm not afraid of the Government.  I have nothing to hide.  Maybe you do.  I don't really care.

Are you gay? Do you have a weird sexual fetish? Do you read comics with naked men and women doing icky things.

There are thousand of things that are perfectly legit to hide simply because they are considered icky by other human beings. Simply because some would love a good gay-bashing. Simply because your ex-husband is out to get you. Simply because you don't want others to see you masturbating to 4chan posts.

I'm not getting robbed just so you can feel "safe".  MTGox is doing this.  Not me.  How about putting a little pressure on them?  You know, instead of blaming the victims?

I am not blaming the victims. As I repeatedly suggest, as soon as you get your money out of there, don't do any more business with them.

It is a type of retaliation, although not perfectly satisfactory, that doesn't involves others that have nothing to do with you.

bitcoiners

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:36:58 PM

I'm not afraid of the Government.  I have nothing to hide.  Maybe you do.  I don't really care.

Are you gay? Do you have a weird sexual fetish? Do you read comics with naked men and women doing icky things.

There are thousand of things that are perfectly legit to hide simply because they are considered icky by other human beings. Simply because some would love a good gay-bashing. Simply because your ex-husband is out to get you. Simply because you don't want others to see you masturbating to 4chan posts.

Wow.  So that's your response.  You mock me and then go into your weird sexual fetishes.  Wow.  Just Wow.

And no, I'm not giving this up.  Sorry.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:40:33 PM

Wow.  So that's your response.  You mock me and then go into your weird sexual fetishes.  Wow.  Just Wow.

I am not gay and I am not mocking you.

In the future, you may have something to hide that's perfectly legit. Maybe you are Jewish and some Nazi are looking for you.

Are you sure you want to give up that right for a simple revenge?

And no, I'm not giving this up.  Sorry.

Do you care about anybody else, at all? Are you blinded by your own suffering that you forget to consider how others might be impacted?

LFTR (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:46:52 PM

Kiba, take your childish ranting elsewhere.

There are people with legitimate grievances against MtGox. Whatever your political ideology is, it's a simple fact that there are sovereign powers who can enforce contracts. You might not like those powers, and I might not either, but that's who's in charge and we can't just pretend otherwise.

I very much want to avoid going to the authorities, and I expect MtGox will resolve my issue before that becomes neccessary.
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:48:53 PM

Do you care about anybody else, at all? Are you blinded by your own suffering that you forget to consider how others might be impacted?

Then direct your blame at Mt.Gox for putting you at "risk", instead of people whos legal rights Mt.Gox violated, who now may wish to exercise their legal rights of recourse.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
NO_SLAVE

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 11:03:28 PM

The ridiculosity of all of this is unsurpassed.

Solution: Quit using GOX.   Roll Eyes
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 11:05:47 PM

Kiba, take your childish ranting elsewhere.

With all due respect, I am simply defending my own interest. I have not insulted anybody and I want people to consider others' interest. The fact that I am not anonymous made me strongly interested in persuading complainers to take a different course of actions.

Whatever your political ideology is, it's a simple fact that there are sovereign powers who can enforce contracts. You might not like those powers, and I might not either, but that's who's in charge and we can't just pretend otherwise.

I very much want to avoid going to the authorities, and I expect MtGox will resolve my issue before that becomes neccessary.

If you wish, you can do so and take actions...but once that happens, the consequence will be boycott by me, as much as possible. Of course, mine is simply a small magazine so you don't care.

I will defend my interest.

bitcoiners

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 11:06:19 PM

Wow.  So that's your response.  You mock me and then go into your weird sexual fetishes.  Wow.  Just Wow.

I am not gay and I am not mocking you.

In the future, you may have something to hide that's perfectly legit. Maybe you are Jewish and some Nazi are looking for you.

And no, I'm not giving this up.  Sorry.

Listen, I'm not an early adopter.  I don't have thousands of coins I'm sitting on.  I invested a week to soon obviously.  

I also don't adhere to the same politics as you are trying to convey.  I do believe some government intervention is needed.  And in the case of theft.  Yes, yes, I do.

So if you are wanting this currency to become well adopted.  Sooner or later there will have to be some form of regulation.  Oh, that dirty word.  It's just the way it is or it's NEVER going to succeed.  You can't see that?  Otherwise there isn't any recourse for anything.

If you and everyone want to treat this a currency there are laws that also come along to protect people in cases such as this.

It's not about revenge.  It's about getting my money back.  Jesus.  And my information is already all over the Internet thanks to that hack.  You don't think the Feds have had a look see at the list of MTGox users?  Especially since they've already shown interest in it.  You are fooling yourself if you think not.  I'm fairly easy to find after my email and username.  So there really isn't much else to give up.  That's already been done.  

I want my money back.  It's that simple.  And no, I'm not giving this up.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 11:14:23 PM

I also don't adhere to the same politics as you are trying to convey.  I do believe some government intervention is needed.  And in the case of theft.  Yes, yes, I do.

So if you are wanting this currency to become well adopted.  Sooner or later there will have to be some form of regulation.  Oh, that dirty word.  It's just the way it is or it's NEVER going to succeed.  You can't see that?  Otherwise there isn't any recourse for anything.

If you and everyone want to treat this a currency there are laws that also come along to protect people in cases such as this.

I wish to hold back regulations as much as possible so that Bitcoin Weekly will be able to thrive without me, without the system intruding on Bitcoin Weekly's ability to output economically beneficial work. Now that I realize that is futile and that Bitcoin Weekly would needs to grow up quickly to be able to defend itself.

The politics are not styles, but substance.

It's not about revenge.  It's about getting my money back.  Jesus.  And my information is already all over the Internet thanks to that hack.  You don't think the Feds have had a look see at the list of MTGox users?  Especially since they've already shown interest in it.  You are fooling yourself if you think not.  I'm fairly easy to find after my email and username.  So there really isn't much else to give up.  That's already been done.  

I want my money back.  It's that simple.  And no, I'm not giving this up.

Revenge or "want your money back", whatever. Consideration of harms to others seem to not be priority for you.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: