Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:43:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to transfer ERC 20 tokens to myetherwallet?  (Read 1073 times)
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:34:56 PM

sorry I am bit of a newbie so my question is if I buy for example BQX on Binance or Utrust on Kucoin with BTC this altcoin automatic are converted to tokens or do I need to convert them to some form of ETH token before I send them sorry is a bit of a silly question but I just want to make sure before I send them thank you in advance...

BQX and utrust are erc20 tokens, after you buy them on exchange you will need erc20 compliant wallet such as https://www.myetherwallet.com/ to send them to it, you don't need to exchange them to etherum because if you do then you will have ethereum and not erc20 tokens.

May I suggest you to do research about:

1) How to use ethereum wallet
2) How to send ETH
3) What is erc20 token
4) How to send and receive erc20 token

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rey.fudz15

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:06:45 PM

sorry I am bit of a newbie so my question is if I buy for example BQX on Binance or Utrust on Kucoin with BTC this altcoin automatic are converted to tokens or do I need to convert them to some form of ETH token before I send them sorry is a bit of a silly question but I just want to make sure before I send them thank you in advance...

You'll automatically get the coins you are buying in exchange so no worry about converting something into something.
you sound so newbie so better do research about cryptocurrency first before entering the trading game Smiley

btcyoda

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:57:34 AM

You'll automatically get the coins you are buying in exchange so no worry about converting something into something.
you sound so newbie so better do research about cryptocurrency first before entering the trading game Smiley

Yes, for the newbie it will confuse a lot about how an ERC20 token can be handled when you buy any ERC20 coins you can easily send them Myethwerwallet without any problems. When you open a new account myetherwallet you will find an address for transferring the token. You can send any ERC20 to that address every time.
mald1to

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:40:23 AM

How can I transfer ERC 20 tokens to myetherwallet from any exchange like Bittrex, Poloniex or Binance.

Need a complete guide.

Here is the procedures:

1. Login to your account on the exchange where you have the tokens.

2. Check the fee(s) (in the DEPOSIT/WITHDRAWAL FEES section) of the tokens  from the exchange you wished to withdraw/send to your myetherwallet (MEW). This is just to be sure you still want to transfer your tokens regardless of the amount you will have to pay.

3. Then select/search your tokens then press withdraw.

4. Provide the necessary details esp. the wallet address of the MEW where you wanted to send the tokens.

5. Check all details then SEND.

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
Pancheng

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:58:37 PM

You need a gas to transfer your token to another wallet for trading most common gas is ETH, a simple instruction is posted on YouTube channel if you have time just click your question there and it will guide you by showing the procedure.

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:44:24 PM

You need a gas to transfer your token to another wallet for trading most common gas is ETH, a simple instruction is posted on YouTube channel if you have time just click your question there and it will guide you by showing the procedure.
It has been explained in second post step by step.
Just to correct you, you can't say for trading most common gas is eth, to send erc20 tokens you need to pay fee, which is payed in ethereum, which is called gas.
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:36:43 PM

Some tokens may not show in your wallet. Check the drop down menu at top right eg my etc tokens are stored under Network etc (epool.io)section .
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:30:29 PM

Some tokens may not show in your wallet. Check the drop down menu at top right eg my etc tokens are stored under Network etc (epool.io)section .

That is not like that. If the tokens are not listed automatically on the MEW you need to add the concern token in custom option available on the right corner of the MEW wallet page.
There is a etherscan.io site where you can find the tokens on the MEW wallet which is from the contract address to your wallet.
If you want to transfer the ERC20 to other wallet you need to have the ethereum on there to bear the gas price.
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:14:57 PM

This is what has happened to me. Not all my tokens are showing in etherscan although they do show on the other wallet sections.
Rampagoe004

Activity: 1428
Merit: 281

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 07:08:56 AM

Usually every market will automatically coin erc 20 will go into myetherwallet,you cuman get myetherwallet address to the sender wait a while will enter coin automatically

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:40:40 AM

If you already have a myetherewallet then just pud the receiving address of MEW in the send address of your exchange wallet then you can transfer your ERC20 tokens easily.If you don't have an MEW yet go to the official website of MEW and create a new wallwt and secure your private keys to access your wallet again.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:35:02 PM

Why would you even do something like that? Maybe you should just learn the basics before you reinvent the damn wheel!
Look, I might have come down on you a little bit hard, but it's for your own good. I've seen it too many times... we lost a lot of good people on this path.
Grin
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:29:43 AM

Why would you even do something like that? Maybe you should just learn the basics before you reinvent the damn wheel!
Look, I might have come down on you a little bit hard, but it's for your own good. I've seen it too many times... we lost a lot of good people on this path.
Grin

easy mate. he is only asking because he was kind of confuse on what he was doing and i guess asking a question like this is not bad  idea at all , knowing that he is only a newbie in this kind of matter.

hey listen man. You know that binance , utrust, kucoin ,etc and any other online exchange are totally different from myetherwallet. you need to firstly convert or exchange your coins into tokens and altcoins , so that you can fully transfer them to mew. myetherwallet supports all kinds or any types of tokens and altcoins as long as it is under the etheriums erc20 platform.
jings007

Activity: 174
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:12:07 AM

It's very simple, just go to youtube.com and search for 'how to transfer erc 20 tokens from exchanges to myetherwallet'
jackjackfly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:04:52 AM

So you bought some coins on exchange and now want to transfer them to own wallet?

Well first question do you already have an ERC 20 compatible wallet? By the way it can be not only myetherwallet.

If not, first step is to create a wallet. The rest you easily can find on exchange FAQ page.

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
New_Jerusalem

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:42:37 AM

How can I transfer ERC 20 tokens to myetherwallet from any exchange like Bittrex, Poloniex or Binance.

Need a complete guide.

1. Go to https://www.myetherwallet.com/
2. Click through the info sites and read them carefully.
3. Click "OMG, please just let me send FFS"
4. Choose password
5. Click "create new wallet".
6. Download keyfile
7. Read content and then click "OK, I understand. Continue".
8. Save private key.
9. Access wallet with your private key (or other that suits you)
10. Go to "View wallet info".
11. Copy account address.
12. Go to exchanger to your token wallet.
13. Click on deposit
14. Paste myetherwallet address.
15. Click send but read also here, what they write.
Important: You should urgently put first ETH to your myetherwallet account (around 0.01 ETH) for transactions fees ("GAS").

Thank you.  Am I to understand that I have to keep at least 0.01 ETH in the myetherwallet before I can deposit tokens from an exchange to myetherwallet? Currently my myetherwallet balance is zero. Or gas is needed only when I want to send tokens out of myetherwallet?
princehandsome

Activity: 731
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 03:39:18 AM

Need a complete guide.

very easy, first you have to create or register in myetherwallet to create the ERC-20 address and after that you can see various kinds of tokens there for withdrawl / depsoit. but you must have at least ETH 0.02 to make transfers or withdrawl. other ways to make transfers have also been explained by people here besides my opinion. hopefully it is useful for you.
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 05:52:04 PM

It's very simple, you need to go to your account on the stock exchange to go to the balance section, then select the tokens that you want to transfer, click on the withdrawal button, then you need to insert your mew address and click the confirm button after that you can see your tokens on your wallet mew.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: