Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 05:24:07 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: raspberry pi bitfury mining  (Read 208 times)
michael racer (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:11:53 PM

Hey everyone, Im new (as you im sure you can tell) I have been dabbling in bitcoin mining for a while using BFL 60GHZ  and a spondoolies sp20 with 2 750watt  ATX PSU's, I've recently been gifted a bitfury v3 M-Board with V2.2 H-cards,  I have been following this post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287590.0.  as well as https://bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=288109. the software links in the first post are no longer there so I have been using the .img files from the second post. I load the software onto the sd card using PiBaker and it doest seem to boot or load. I use the exact same process with the raspbian stretch .img and it loads and works just fine. anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on where to go from here or someone one that make have software that might work for me. anything at all is appreciated
blockchainbastard

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:42:49 PM

what raspberry pi version are you using? The image is from 2013 so I would try an older modell.
I am not a profi, but if you are using a debian image that works and the board is supported by the kernel it should work out off the box. The minig software is available in the debian repostiories and easy to install.
If the driver is not in the kernel it is a little bit morde difficult, but not impossible.
Perhaps write a quick pm to the author of the 1.post or to the vendor of the card, perhaps they can give you the missing link.
michael racer (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:01:12 AM

Thanks for the reply blockchainbastard, i am using a raspberry pi model b v1.2,   I've even gone through and installed bfgminer  --enable -bitfury  but that seems to be only for the USB ASIC's, I also believe the original poster is Luke-jr, maybe i should try shooting him a pm
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: