Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:54:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CBOE futures  (Read 294 times)
oleg.orlov (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:15:55 PM

Hi, guys! Am I right that CBOE futures holder can not receive real bitcoins due to contract's conditions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:22:43 PM

Hi, guys! Am I right that CBOE futures holder can not receive real bitcoins due to contract's conditions?

Yes you are right, they are cash settled futures, that means that any difference is settled in USD and not in bitcoin, in fact no bitcoin is ever traded, in that sense it is more of a bet on the price of bitcoin than anything else.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
oleg.orlov (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:32:43 PM

what about CME futures? Will be them cash settled also?
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:35:54 PM

Yes you are right, they are cash settled futures, that means that any difference is settled in USD and not in bitcoin, in fact no bitcoin is ever traded, in that sense it is more of a bet on the price of bitcoin than anything else.

You find the cboe investors will go to invest on bitcoin like millions of dollars so that will be definitely reflected in bitcoin chart around 3k USD to 5k USD.
I haven't read their conditions and norms which they have. However, every contract will be paid as they mentioned in the paper or agreement.
jimbo2000

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:40:57 PM

You find the cboe investors will go to invest on bitcoin like millions of dollars so that will be definitely reflected in bitcoin chart around 3k USD to 5k USD.
I haven't read their conditions and norms which they have. However, every contract will be paid as they mentioned in the paper or agreement.

Oh no doubt there will be a knock on effect in the bitcoin market, just no bitcoin will be directly traded in such futures trades. Of course investors will look to buy or sell at certain price points depending on their futures contracts.

lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:44:16 PM

CBOE future will help the price of bitcoin to increase and it shows that they accept bitcoin as a currency and it could be use in overall transactions. i think more investors will buy bitcoin whatever the price is, i read some articles that they will put smart contracts on it.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:47:37 PM

"XBT futures are cash-settled contracts based on the Gemini's auction price for bitcoin, denominated in U.S. dollars. Gemini Trust Company, LLC "
http://cfe.cboe.com/cfe-products/xbt-cboe-bitcoin-futures

WTF are gemini auction prices?
Auction?

https://gemini.com/auction-data/

Holy crap!!

They are just for a couple BTC and someone with a bit of $$ could so easily bid that up to squeeze cboe shorters!!

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
sn08btc2140

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

The Cryptocurrency never sleep

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:56:28 PM

Cool Excuse my ignorance But these Bankers Trufaldini who have always spit on the bitcoin Then saying every day on TV newspapers that Radio and a Bubble and that sooner or later will do
       BOOM because they want to interest because they are interested only in the price and value who has My fear that they will be the cause of a possible bubble if there will be Given that
       these gentlemen only to make profit are willing to sell you even the COLOSEO Cool

Donate
XVG  D81b7RwqrG6jmiRPzLmGDubDYxvqL4kL2r      BTC 1cE98SsJKpFADdDLsAsJ429fRK67dWKoN
oleg.orlov (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:09:51 PM

Anyone knows about will financial institutions have plans to issue physical delivery futures or options on bitcoins soon?
jimbo2000

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:46:50 PM

Anyone knows about will financial institutions have plans to issue physical delivery futures or options on bitcoins soon?

I don't know of any yet but I'm sure it will come in time, not many places offer physical futures for anything because it's firstly not something people are really interested in and secondly what's the point?

joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:50:28 PM

They are working with physical cash, nobody of those who are trading with bitcoin futures are using real bitcoins

that is why a lot of people are just buying those contracts instead of buying a bitcoin directly from an exchange, in fact, it is more noob-friendly for those who does not even know how to buy.

And the CME futures are going to work by the same way, they all are going to be working with cash.

it just works as a loan, just by the same way, only that you are purchasing futures

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 11:46:07 PM

What's the difference between CBOE and CME.  Which one is good.  Planning to try this BTC future. Aside from Bitcoin futures what cryptos are also available to trade in future?

jimbo2000

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:28:35 PM

What's the difference between CBOE and CME.  Which one is good.  Planning to try this BTC future. Aside from Bitcoin futures what cryptos are also available to trade in future?

I can't comment either way as I've not traded futures yet myself, as far as cryptos go bitcoin is the only one for now, in the future I'm sure we might see ethereum or bitcoin cash next.

dominikas18

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:02:16 PM

They are working with physical cash, nobody of those who are trading with bitcoin futures are using real bitcoins

that is why a lot of people are just buying those contracts instead of buying a bitcoin directly from an exchange, in fact, it is more noob-friendly for those who does not even know how to buy.

And the CME futures are going to work by the same way, they all are going to be working with cash.

it just works as a loan, just by the same way, only that you are purchasing futures

What do you think about Bitcoin price upon Futures launch?
There is obviously an example of CBOE futures launch on 10 December, when Bitcoin made one of the largest growth in % in 5 minutes time, I think the same will happen upon CME launch. I have a quick video proving my point, would be glad to hear your feedback:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsR9N-TDBWM
Lennyyyyy

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:08:21 AM

Hey guys,

For taders interested in learning more, developing skills and sharing knowledge on the topic of Crypto trading and CFDs/Futures/Shorting the following community/facebook group might be very interesting:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/218612071968287
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: