Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:28:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been to the Moon? Any advice?  (Read 405 times)
adiksau0414

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:12:35 PM

Actually i really dont know whats the meaning of "moon" or "mooning" or "going to the moon" or what many may call them when my first step in trading world. But literally, as time goes by and learning some ways in different word, its just basically means to pump or increase in value. I really dont invest in tokens using money but using bounty campaign to use in trading. As of now one of the tokens i receive in airdrop is going to the moon but in slow phase. Yes, i also believe in one of the replies that moon is depend on our preferences in what range we will call the tokens in to the moon.

davemanet (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:27:28 AM

Pay attention to the following fact:
the last 2-3 weeks the capitalization of many coins from the top 30 has increased, such as: IOTA, Dash, NEM, Litecoin, Cardano, Stellar Lumens, EOS, Monero.
It is worth paying attention to those coins that have not yet shown strong growth, such as Neo, Ripple, BCH, BTG, OmiseGo, Qtum, Waves, Stratis, ETC.

almost every coin you listed went to the moon since you posted!
RamonBTC

Activity: 392
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:44:16 AM

Bitcoin gone go beyond the moon as its prices surge at the speed of light. So as advice even at high price bitcoin still be the first choice to invest, it might not increase the way it does a few days ago but the popularity + demand of it = new price record will be broken sooner or later. Im new to altcoin thingy so I can’t make assumptions of its profitability.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:03:55 AM

I invest in some coins but none have gone to the moon yet.  Any advice?  I sometimes feel like I buy after the coin has already gone up :/

my advice is to stop being greedy and if you invest in altcoins that go up and you already make some profit, then be satisfied with that profit.
if you continue being greedy and want a huge profit, like a 500% profit then it leads to irrational decisions such as holding an altcoin even after it gave you enough profit and eventually losing the chance to sell and take that profit because it is going to get dumped.

practically you will be giving up a 30% profit for example for the "hope" that it goes up to 100% but instead it falls and you lose not only that 30% profit but also part of your initial investment too.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 809

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:34:42 AM

Have you had money on a coin that went to the moon? 

What coins are you referring to? Almost all of the coins right now are going to the moon. Please pick the top 1-5 coins and hold it long term if you really want to get to the moon.

I invest in some coins but none have gone to the moon yet.  Any advice?  I sometimes feel like I buy after the coin has already gone up :/

Again, you forgot to mentioned what coins you invested, but I'm sure that you have made profits already because most of the top coins are already increasing by the folds at the moment.

my advice is to stop being greedy and if you invest in altcoins that go up and you already make some profit, then be satisfied with that profit.
if you continue being greedy and want a huge profit, like a 500% profit then it leads to irrational decisions such as holding an altcoin even after it gave you enough profit and eventually losing the chance to sell and take that profit because it is going to get dumped.

practically you will be giving up a 30% profit for example for the "hope" that it goes up to 100% but instead it falls and you lose not only that 30% profit but also part of your initial investment too.

Exactly, as much as emotions are the worst enemy of trader, I think being greedy should be considered as well. A well balance attack should include at least a good financial returns, no need to look and target like x500 or more. For me a x100 returns is already good. And as you explained, you will end up losing more if you became greedy because you can't stop and exit at the right moment. And when the coins crash, most likely instead of getting x100 returns, you will get less than than and regret sets in.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:06:33 AM

Actually i really dont know whats the meaning of "moon" or "mooning" or "going to the moon" or what many may call them when my first step in trading world. But literally, as time goes by and learning some ways in different word, its just basically means to pump or increase in value. I really dont invest in tokens using money but using bounty campaign to use in trading. As of now one of the tokens i receive in airdrop is going to the moon but in slow phase. Yes, i also believe in one of the replies that moon is depend on our preferences in what range we will call the tokens in to the moon.

And yeah it depends on our own preferences with the term moon and for me moon is when a coin already hits new ATH in its record. However, I'm also holding some of those coins that already gave me a good profit.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:18:14 AM

Have you had money on a coin that went to the moon? 

it takes a lot of time and patience to have that achievement in trading. My first crypto coin that went to the moon is ethereum, i buy it when it is only 5$ last year, now it is 700$ in value. My only mistake was i only hold a few ethereum that time

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: