Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can facebook become an operating system?  (Read 308 times)
PauloLuks (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:37:42 PM

Hi everyone.
It is possible for facebook to become an operating system software like Windows or Linux?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptolupus

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:39:24 PM

For a lot of people, already is: a lot of them - believe or not - use facebook but don't know they are using internet...

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
Blockchain's First Payment API (http://go.openmoney.digital/9it9)
btcetc

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:45:25 PM

I don't think so Smiley
Marina Sokolova

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:59:51 PM

Hi everyone.
It is possible for facebook to become an operating system software like Windows or Linux?

Oh no not this ! Persistent questions: this is exactly you, show your photos, show documents, confirm the names of your friends)))  Shocked
PauloLuks (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:11:04 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 02:22:36 PM by PauloLuks

For a lot of people, already is: a lot of them - believe or not - use facebook but don't know they are using internet...
I do not think that's true. For the youngest, maybe, but I think everyone knows that in order to interact with Facebook in real time, they first need an internet connection. Maybe that's a good reason why facebook does not become an operating system, because constantly he needs to have an online connection. Thank you very much for your answer.
CaptainLorca

Activity: 264
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:10:03 AM

Absolutely not... but why not?

In the end I wouldn't recommend using a facebook OS. They're already taking a looooot of your personal data.. if its from the computer or mobile.. imagine their power with a operating system!

◣   Stake.com   ◥
«  Stake 2 - Play Smarter  »
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
indrijabbar

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:20:07 AM

maybe, but it will probably take a very long time in making the operating system.
because as we know that the basic beginning of facebook is a social media.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                 WHITEPAPER   
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀    [ PRE-SALE ]   M a r c h   2 4 th    ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀
Urbanbypas

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:52:04 AM

Facebook is a social network, how can it become an operating system? If only Zuckerberg creates his operating system (like Windows), then maybe.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:29:40 AM

No I don't think so. Because Facebook is only social network. They won't make a operating system.
CaptainLorca

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:58:40 PM

No I don't think so. Because Facebook is only social network. They won't make a operating system.

But they could! They do not have to stay in their focus. Expanding and so on.

◣   Stake.com   ◥
ChakDeFatte

Activity: 173

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:02:19 PM

No. It cant.
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:37:54 PM

It's feasible but would be silly. EU has a lot of anti-trust laws that'd prevent them from favoring their social media site on their OS over another social media site. What benefit would there be to creating an entirely new OS for Facebook?

This seems like a silly question -- why doesn't Intel just go and make their own OS... or AMD or any other company in the world?

CaptainLorca

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:40:42 PM

It's feasible but would be silly. EU has a lot of anti-trust laws that'd prevent them from favoring their social media site on their OS over another social media site. What benefit would there be to creating an entirely new OS for Facebook?

This seems like a silly question -- why doesn't Intel just go and make their own OS... or AMD or any other company in the world?

AMD or Intel see that there are enough OS.

For facebook.. yeah.. no one said it has to be a OS that favorites facebook. It could be just an OS. Maybe better fitted to facebook.

◣   Stake.com   ◥
PauloLuks (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:05:11 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 01:50:50 PM by PauloLuks

Currently, Facebook has more than 2 billion users. That's a huge number. I do not see many more companies winning so many customers in such a short time. Except in China, of course. I think if they wanted to, they could even create their own smartphone.
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:12:51 PM

Currently, Facebook has more than 2 billion users. That's a huge number. I do not see many more companies winning so many customers in such a short time. Except in China, of course. I think if they wanted, they could even create their own smartphone.

How many devices run Java? Should Oracle go and build their own OS? *cough*ignoresjvm*cough*

Nah, Facebook would lose against Apple and Alphabet in the mobile phone market.

OlgaSmart

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:30:08 AM

For PC? I don't think so. But instead of the human mind? Much more likely.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:05:33 AM

Hi everyone.

I really dont think so and I also dont think that facebook is aiming at becoming an operating system. From my point of view, facebook is already way too much in peoples lives and has access to too much private data, this would only get worse with it becoming an OS. However this is the fault of the people themselves, they are exposing their private data to companies like facebook without thinking of the potential consequences. Im really happy with my life without any of those social media channels! (as you can hear, Im not a big fan of FB)
CaptainLorca

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:20:47 AM

Its a possibility but most unlikely. The only thing they could get a foot on is, making a free operating system. For everyone. Otherwise.. Apple and Microsoft will dominate as they do now.

◣   Stake.com   ◥
TanyaDegurechaff

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

They say a thin line separates genius and madness.

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:49:25 AM

they have the budget if they wanted to. so i think that if they decide to make one it will released for free since fb is free for all

"Miracles are illusions caused by insufficient observation and understanding. They're just... glorious misunderstandings."
aannnttoo

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:02:46 AM

can, if mark zuckerberg want it Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: