Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 08:02:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dollar Cost Average  (Read 214 times)
pubix (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:56:05 PM

I'm thinking of starting with dollar cost averaging method.

The ones you running this for some time now, do you invest just in BTC or also other coins?

Lets say I want to put 100$ weekly, is it better to stick just with BTC or maybe to divide into 25$ to 4 different coins?

Every suggestion is much appreciated.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:01:04 PM

The ones you running this for some time now, do you invest just in BTC or also other coins?

Lets say I want to put 100$ weekly, is it better to stick just with BTC or maybe to divide into 25$ to 4 different coins?

Obviously depends on the coins you want to put your money on, as of right now i wouldn't tell you not to. There's lots of altcoins coming up with great potential, you just need to filter out the ones that don't.

This is easier said then done ofcourse, so if you aren't willing to put in a lot of time and effort researching the coins, i would suggest to keep your funds in bitcoin.

I myself do keep alot of funds in altcoins in which i believe have great potential, but i am more often then not better off by just hodling bitcoin...

CryspRayz

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:13:28 PM

I would keep most of my money in Bitcoin. It stood the test of time. I don't think it would fall anytime soon. So many positive news about it lately. There are good alts too. If you really believe in the technology behind them, then why not invest.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3260

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:51:30 PM

Dollar cost averaging is a good strategy.

Certainly, it is a mistake to invest in coins recommended by random anonymous strangers on the internet. Investing in 4 different coins means researching 4 different coins. That might take a while.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:58:56 PM

You always will be better to put all in BTC. It will always have biggest end value and will disapear last.
Many altcoins will be gone and never seen more, BTC will here to stay.
milhaop

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:16:38 AM

BTC is the safest coin, like Dollar among the fiat currencies. However you can put 10%-20% in other strong coins, like XMR, LTC, ETH, Dash, etc.
Prompyboo

Activity: 807
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:21:48 AM

Buy some top20 Coin by market cap

legend2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:01:26 AM

It is better to do everything in half, and in the best alts that are now. So besides bitcoin it is worth investing in something dynamic and very potential.

pubix (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:18:13 PM

Thank you all for your answers.

I will probably try with BTC, LTC, ETH and XRP.

But now, when all prices are ATH, is it smart to start now? There will probably be some correlation and prices will drop - should I wait for lower prices or at the long turn doesn't really matter with dollar cost average?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: