Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:14:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A idea, want feedback. usb asic minerssssss 336mh/s  (Read 1297 times)
andrewboy44 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:23:23 PM

Okay usb asic miners are beyond overpriced. I currently own a total of 120 of them. Its pretty easy to sell them to newbies but its time consuming. I'm thinking about running a raffle for all 120 units. I would raffle off a total of 20 a week. I need ideas on how to get the bitcoin community to trust me so I can do this. I feel like it would be fun and I could possibly make more profit then I would selling them. Each raffle ticket would prob be 1-3 dollars. Haven't decided yet and yes there would be some type of ticket cap. Give me some feedback please, thanks
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:28:34 PM

Just use escrow.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:30:47 PM

Pics, timestamp, and sell the first few for a low price. Once you've gained some rep, more people will be interested, than you can increase the price. Eventually you'll increase the price higher from what you were originally would sell them for to make up for the loss when you sold them for dirt cheap in the beginning.

You'll end of making the same amount of money, with a ton of rep in the end. And people who took the gamble earlier than others, will have obvious got their units for cheaper. Risk/Profit ratio for them essentially.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:35:21 PM

Okay usb asic miners are beyond overpriced. I currently own a total of 120 of them. Its pretty easy to sell them to newbies but its time consuming. I'm thinking about running a raffle for all 120 units. I would raffle off a total of 20 a week. I need ideas on how to get the bitcoin community to trust me so I can do this. I feel like it would be fun and I could possibly make more profit then I would selling them. Each raffle ticket would prob be 1-3 dollars. Haven't decided yet and yes there would be some type of ticket cap. Give me some feedback please, thanks

i'll give you BTC.95 for one riht now

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
andrewboy44 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:37:44 PM

Thanks for the feedback. The idea is to raffle them though. People buy tickets and 1-3 dollars (haven't decided yet) and I use a computer program to randomly pick a number. I might make the first raffle for 5 miners and make the tickets cost .00000001 btc (free) to get a good rep then go from there.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:37:47 PM

On top of escrow, use some provably fair way of determining the winner, like dabs' raffle.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: