Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:37:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to buy cryto with dollar or BTC ?  (Read 206 times)
Pedro031183 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:07:48 PM

Hi,
I do have a simple question : i'm on bitfinex. I bought in margin trading some XMR with BTC. After 2 days I sold my position, and because BTC raised I lost 10%, but with the USD/XMR pair XMR took 10% !
So, do you recommend to buyother crypto with dollar or BTC ?
Thanks for your feedback.
Pedro, a newbee in currency trading

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:28:18 AM

In my opinion much better to buy crypto with USD because we will analysis the price of that crypto only and will be more safe and less risk than buy crypto with Bitcoin because the price of Bitcoin now strong bullish, so we should be analysis that too. I think crypto trading that paired with BTC only for expert trader who have more knowledge about technical and fundamental analysis.

sandy8800

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:06:41 AM

I think is is better to buy with dollar
megget

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:47:58 AM

Everyone has his own principle of trade. Someone thinks that bitcoin is all and needs to increase the number of bitcoins in the portfolio. I think it's better to trade to the dollar, especially on bitfinex. The biggest danger is that at bitfinex is not a dollar but USDT.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:40:59 AM

it depends on a lot of things. it is not just one thing better than the other as simple as that!

for example in my opinion it first depends on what funds you own and what kind of profit you want. most people want bitcoin profit. so they trade with bitcoin and make profit on their bitcoin investment. then bitcoin is always rising in the background and they make more profit in total on their fiat investment. but someone may not like keeping bitcoin at all. and wants to do it purely with fiat.

additionally it depends on the coin itself. some of the altcoins drop all around. it is not just against bitcoin but also against USD. so buying them is double loss while missing the chance to participate in bitcoin rise. but in rare cases when a coin is on the rise they go up. but they are rare and you only have to buy it if you see the rise not just hope for it.

Only Bitcoin
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:33:02 PM

Hi,
I do have a simple question : i'm on bitfinex. I bought in margin trading some XMR with BTC. After 2 days I sold my position, and because BTC raised I lost 10%, but with the USD/XMR pair XMR took 10% !

Each one of us have different  kind of vision about in investment trading of bitcoins,thats why they created this page.but for me i rather buy BTC  because of its value now in the market,even in the small capital to buy in bitcoins i know that i gain a profit,unlike in crypto with dollar the value still consisting in its place no so much movement.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
brushtooth

Activity: 90
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:36:16 PM

Hi,

It doesn't matter as when you buy that coin it is the same price whatever currency you buy in and the same price whatever currency you sell in. Your question is more geared to should you buy the coin or just hold bitcoin which is just a case of if you expect to gain more than bitcoin grows.

ditinhu

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:44:48 PM

Buy several pieces, buy half in Bitcoin, the other half you divide in how many currencies you want to buy so you win with the appreciation of Bitcoin and other currencies also remembering that if Bitcoin stabilizes the value the altcoins can go up a lot so you can take a good profit.
Always think and aim for profit even if it is little but always sell while you are earning.

•  ◢    B L U Z E L L E  |  A decentralized database service for the world's dApps    ◣  •
•  ███████   ANN  Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram  Medium    Reddit   Github   ███████  •
•  ◥    Pre-register for Token Sale    ◤  •
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:55:24 PM

Hi,

Well, pedro here's my additional knowledge on trading, i think you must buy bitcoin first and then used bitcoin for trading in altcoin.
When the bitcoin drop into a little then buy for it after that you may purchase bitcoin to buy altcoins you picked in exchanged sites.
If you have already gained with your btc in trading and then the price value of bitcoin at that time was so high the therefore you have got a doubled gained with in that time while trading at the same time investing in bitcoin.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:32:44 PM

If you want to ride the cryptocurrency trade for the long term, I would personally incubate all your USD into buying cryptos and have a hedge of BTC/ETH/LTC as a savings account while you trade either coins to get the multipliers. I also recommend holding a few really good promising coins long term and riding the waves and dips and trying to accumulate as much as you can of quality coins during 2-18 as I believe this is a year that will make many in crypto rich, if not at least financially stable and comfortable.  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █