Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:50:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which exchange do traders use? Do I need multiple accounts?  (Read 173 times)
Tekunda (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:41:18 PM

Since not every exchange carries all available coins, I assume one must open accounts in several exchange sites?
Is not cumbersome and expensive to move your money around if you have only a set amount of money to trade with?
Say that I only have a thousand dollars to trade with, I guess that if I have my funds sitting in Kraken, I need to send it to Bittrex first,  if only Bittrex carries the coin.
And from there on to Cryptopia if only they carry the coin I picked for trading?
Or is there an exchange which basically carries all of the coins?
Or how do you guys handle this issue of multiple exchanges?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
albio87

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:06:06 AM

personally i use a lot of exchanges, depending of the coin:
-Bittrex and Poloniex were my favourite because of good coins listing, big volume and liquidity and, most important the stop loss option
-Binance- in few months take off in volume and quality, it has all new listing, mobile app, high volume and liquidity, supreme customer support and, from today it has stop loss too !!
-EtherDelta- i don't really like it, doesn't work smoth but, it gives the advantage of early listing of every erc20 tokens
- i rather use liqui, cryptopia, coinexchange, livecoin, hitbtc and mercatox
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:07:24 AM

Multiple accounts is most trader do it. They have separate account in separate exchange. It sometimes also for arbitrage strategy.
I think not any exchange carry all of the coin, but bittrex has many choices of coin.
If you trade the popular coin like etherium, waves and litecoin, most exchanger have that coin so you do not need to send from 1 exchanger to another exchanger to trade it.
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:54:51 AM

Thanks guys. I want to start trading with some of the smaller alt coins. Couldn't beleive when I saw litecoin price today. Damn I sold it at 97. I just ended up buying a few but I never like to buy at ATH. I've just always liked litecoin, the team behind it and its efficiency. Let me be clear I am no expert and don't pretend to me but now I want to keep coinbase but get into another exchange with a larger variety and try trading a bit. I will start with a small amount to familiarize with it. I'll check out a couple you recommend but is there one in specific that will give me the most diverse options. Sorry I'm sure this has been asked a million times but i really want to do my p and q prior to doing this I also
Don't want numerous accounts and just have coinbase and one other. Thanks guys and excuse me if I'm not in the right thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: