Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:12:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets have some fun!! Brainwallet with 1btc. You crack it, its yours. FREE BTC  (Read 7972 times)
andrewboy44 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:04:31 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 06:25:01 PM by andrewboy44

haha everyone is entitled to an opinion. I cant force people to trust nor believe me. Maybe a hero member will run a game like this and yall will trust him. I tried! I'm not mad that I didnt lose money? ha. Bash me all you want, I seriously was just trying to add something fun to the bitcoin community. And I'm not saying all christians are good. Hell some are beyond fake. I just said it was ironic that This whole game was created around the bible and I am in the small percentage of good christians but now Im getting bashed for creating a game that could give a winner 1 or more btc. I wont do it again, Im sorry lol! I understand everyones concern but they way yall attacked me, and claimed that the wallet I created wasnt a brainwallet and made it seem like I was a liar and thief wasnt cool. But like I said, maybe a hero member can adopt this and run them

HERE YOU GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. FOR ALL THE NON BELIEVERS. Passphrase was:
 genesis exodus leviticus numbers deuteronomy joshua judges ruth 1samuel 2samuel 1kings 2kings 1chronicles 2chronicles ezra nehemiah esther job psalms proverbs ecclesiastes songofsongs isaiah jeremiah lamentations ezekiel daniel hosea joel amos obadiah jonah micah nahum habakkuk zephaniah haggai zechariah malachi revelation
private key: 5KVtMnkceDjm7pHN7SZUxDDiBmrBqA1FyaFeZRww6Fmk3zjgLzj

bitcoin address: 1NatimoL7gCiKNS3uDbtTCKhs3umjzPLpR
go to http://brainwallet.org/ and you can type in that password and see that that address comes out thank you very much

Hint:
1. Old & New ( just old  Wink ) old  testament
2. 10 & 12 10 commandments 12 disciples
3. listen up
4. follow but dont creep     a jokey hint. You’re preached to follow the text
5. deep but not profound  the bible is deep but not profound in most areas leading us to have different opinions on topics/definition: penetrating deeply into subjects or ideas a profound mind
6. love  love is preached all throughout the bible
7. one one God
8. law some people call the bible the law
9.virgin   mary was a virgin
10. mary mary was the birth mother of jesus
11. WWJD what would jesus do is the meaning of that
12. wine
13. 1-2- skip a few all the way to 100  only the old testament and the last book of the new
14. leader
15. religion
16. kingdom
17. creator
18. big bang? Psh
19. Proverbs 1:7 “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.”
20. bible

Those were the hints I intended to list for everyone in the exact order. I’m pretty sure someone could have easily solved that if they patiently waited or if people participated. But irdc, now ya’ll know. And its pretty ironic that yall accused me of being such and evil person yet the passphrase and everything was about the bible.. I’m actually a quite religious person btw. If you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME.

People are accusing me on this not being a brain wallet but a vanity wallet. I have no reason to lie. If you would like for me to prove it then comment below. I will take the 1btc out of the account and give yall the private key and passphrase to prove to yall that this in in fact a brain wallet. Is that what ya'll would like?
  the password is virtually impossible to solve without my last 12 hints. I doubt even the smartest man couldn't solve it. The whole point of this was to stockpile the wallet so the winner in the end got a hefty amount of btc, but nobody trust me nor believes this is a brainwallet. I will take the bitcoin out now and give yall the private key and passphrase once the coin is out.

EVERYONE IS TRYING TO ACCUSE ME OF BEING A THIEF AND A LIAR. You can accuse everyone out there as a thief. Ive been into bitcoin for over a year now. Sorry I didn't have the desire to post shit on here earlier and become a hero member? I was giving away 1 btc and yall accuse me of shit? just because there are bitcoin thieves out there doesn't mean you can accuse everyone of being one. But I know one damn thing, I will never ever run one of these again for the bitcoin community. I was giving away 100 dollars basically and everyone treats me like this? and wait until ya'll see what the passphrase was... you will see how ironic it is for yall to be accusing me as a thief. Just wait

I just sent one btc to a brainwallet I just created. The wallet address is 1NatimoL7gCiKNS3uDbtTCKhs3umjzPLpR
I decided to make it kind of a game too. Basically ya'll fund the hints. Every time the wallet address goes up 1btc I drop one hint. Trust me you will need the hints to solve the password. If the account doesn't go up any btc then just no hints but you can still have fun trying to crack the password! Just trying to promote bitcoin and add some life to bitcointalk! I think after 20 hints yall should be able to crack it but idk. NO COINS WILL GO TO ME. Its all game for yall to try to take and winner of course takes all. Like I said you don't have to send a single thing to the wallet whatsoever! If you're bored and want something to do then try to hack it ha! Since I sent one btc I will drop the first hint. btw hints will be sayings, one word, poems, pictures, etc. I have a whole list of 500 hints ready to be published (hopefully it wont take that long....) Have at it!
Hint:
1. Old & New ( just old  Wink )
2. 10 & 12
3. listen up
4. follow but dont creep
5. deep but not profound
6. love
7. one
8. law

(added a weeks worth of hints so I don't have to keep checking it. have fun!)

after a view comments on reddit and one here I decided to add one hint a day just in case ya'll think this is a scam or nobody chooses to fund.
Jgguy

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:30:50 PM

Hey this sounds interesting but I don't think anyone is going to bite.  You are asking people to send bitcoins to an address that you control and you are very new on the forums.  What is to stop you from running with the funds?  

If you want to build up trust maybe run the first few giveaways that you give out the hints every so often without any requirement that people send coins.
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:38:01 PM

Yeah I understand. I honestly could care less about stealing coins in all seriousness. I have a wallet with over 200 btc... The last thing on my mind is trying to take peoples coins. But like I said you don't have to fund it to attempt to solve it. I might consider releasing one hint a day along with this just in case people don't fund it. Thanks for the feedback and advice though
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:19:00 PM

Basically ya'll fund the hints.

NO COINS WILL GO TO ME.

Nobody in their right mind will fund your wallet with nothing more than that assurance that you're not going to simply take the coins and run.

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:21:30 PM

thats fine, you dont have to fund it. I will still add a hint a day. I have no intentions of scamming anyone. I did my part and put the 1btc in. if it stays like that then so be it. irdc to be honest
CommanderVenus

Activity: 258

Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:52:15 AM

Interesting. So we pm you with our guesses?

BTC: 1VenusEubcLC9W7ykckHbdEzo5MVhPmCb
NXT: 15182624396855992605
BTQ: 14b2QFPwFtBC3tcRW9F61aaRXP2ns3fh1m
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 05:32:42 AM

Well, you can be certain nobody will choose to fund if the hints are for free Smiley

I more useful hint would be nice though. How long is the password ?

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
caiaphas

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:38:58 AM

That address looks like it was generated with a vanity gen.   Is the "1Natimo" prefix intentional?

If so, I'm skeptical.  The private keys generated by brain wallet are sha256 hashes of a passphrase.  I don't see how you could come up with a passphrase that would generate a 256 bit private key which in turn would generate a public address beginning with "1Natimo".  The pass phrase would just look like random characters and have no meaning.  

AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:28:54 AM

Well, you can be certain nobody will choose to fund if the hints are for free Smiley

It's a 32-byte hexadecimal string.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:43:25 AM

That address looks like it was generated with a vanity gen.   Is the "1Natimo" prefix intentional?

If so, I'm skeptical.  The private keys generated by brain wallet are sha256 hashes of a passphrase.  I don't see how you could come up with a passphrase that would generate a 256 bit private key which in turn would generate a public address beginning with "1Natimo".  The pass phrase would just look like random characters and have no meaning.  

I swear to GOD the passphrase was created with brainwallet mate. Thats the funny part. As soon as I typed the last word in thats how the address looked and I debated keep the address for myself!  Its a brainwallet address
walletrecoveryservices

Activity: 89
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 07:36:14 AM

Hi
You said that it is 32 bytes hex, and that you typed in words... which is it? Do you mean a 32 character phrase like
"hi my name is not frederickly or"
?

Providing Cryptocurrency Wallet, Password and Seed Recovery Services since 2013
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:38:51 AM

Nice idea Smiley

A very hard puzzle with a get-it-yourself cash reward; I hope to see them in newspapers soon. 
caiaphas

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:28:02 PM

Not to belabor the point but you said...

then you also said...

As soon as I typed the last word in thats how the address looked...

Are you saying you typed in words but are giving clues to the sha256 resulting hash (i.e. what brain wallet calls the 'secret exponent') and not the passphrase itself?

If so, then your clues would give hints to each nibble/byte or some other sequence of the sha256 hex string, not the passphrase. (Can you clarify?)

So, for example, clue #3 may refer to 'DEAF'.
AliceWonder

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:09:05 PM

The 32-byte hex thing was me just trying to be funny because that's what a private key is.
That was not the OP.

I think from the public address it's obvious this is not a brain wallet.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
caiaphas

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:23:04 PM

The 32-byte hex thing was me just trying to be funny because that's what a private key is.
That was not the OP.

I think from the public address it's obvious this is not a brain wallet.

Ah, sorry.  There's a small chance this is real but I agree the public address is unlikely to have come from brain wallet. 
threeip

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 05:24:54 PM

The private keys generated by brain wallet are sha256 hashes of a passphrase.  I don't see how you could come up with a passphrase that would generate a 256 bit private key which in turn would generate a public address beginning with "1Natimo".  The pass phrase would just look like random characters and have no meaning.

It would have to be one hell of a collision!

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
J35st3r

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:47:09 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 05:58:22 PM by J35st3r

1NatimoL has 7 leading characters which do not contain a digit. Since there are 9 digits in base58 I make this a (9/58)^7 or 1 in 461634 chance of happening by chance. Pretty rare, but he didn't say how he came up with the pass phrase. Perhaps using a custom vanity generator driven by a brainwallet dictionary search? Its going to be pretty slow, not unlike building rainbow tables, actually it is exactly like building a rainbow table, come to think of it, so maybe this explains the source of the address?

Scratch that. Math was never my best subject. Its (49/58)^7 = 0.3 so not so unlikely after all. OOPS  Roll Eyes

Even a capital letter followed by 6 lowercase ones comes out to roughly one in 100 (I think I'm getting the hang of this now).

1Jest66T6Jw1gSVpvYpYLXR6qgnch6QYU1 NumberOfTheBeast ... go on, give it a try Grin
threeip

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 05:54:27 PM

x@x:~/vanitygen/vanitygen$ ./vanitygen 1NatimoL
Difficulty: 873388193410
[65.48 Kkey/s][total 190208][Prob 0.0%][50% in 107.0d]

multiplied by whatever attack, divided by how much better his PC is than mine..

If you know n and hash(n) [ie rainbow table], is it possible to compute z given hash(z) [ie vanitygen output], or even n1+n2+n3 -> hash(n1+n2+n3) ~> ?

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
AliceWonder

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:57:20 PM

1NatimoL has 7 leading characters which do not contain a digit. Since there are 9 digits in base58 I make this a (9/58)^7 or 1 in 461634 chance of happening by chance. Pretty rare, but he didn't say how he came up with the pass phrase. Perhaps using a custom vanity generator driven by a brainwallet dictionary search? Its going to be pretty slow, not unlike building rainbow tables, actually it is exactly like building a rainbow table, come to think of it, so maybe this explains the source of the address?

Scratch that. Math was never my best subject. Its (49/58)^7 = 0.3 so not so unlikely after all. OOPS  Roll Eyes

Not to nitpick but I believe the odds (after the address type) being a 1 are 1 in 256 (assuming ripemd160 distribution from sha256 hash is even) while the odds of 2-9 are 8/57 IF the first isn't isn't a 1.

so not so unlikely after all.

It's not just that there are no numbers, but that it is upper case followed by all lower case like a person's name.

J35st3r

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:03:50 PM

It's not just that there are no numbers, but that it is upper case followed by all lower case like a person's name.

Yeah, roughly (24/58)^7 = 0.002 for an uppercase followed by any six lowercase, so its getting on for unlikely, but not wildly impossible.

1Jest66T6Jw1gSVpvYpYLXR6qgnch6QYU1 NumberOfTheBeast ... go on, give it a try Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: