Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:30:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets have some fun!! Brainwallet with 1btc. You crack it, its yours. FREE BTC  (Read 7972 times)
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 06:06:48 PM

It's not just that there are no numbers, but that it is upper case followed by all lower case like a person's name.

Yeah, roughly (24/58)^7 = 0.002 for an uppercase followed by any six lowercase, so its getting on for unlikely, but not wildly impossible.

As you all probably know more about this than me; what about with every second letter a vowel?

Eg  1Nakamo
not 1Stshnm

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
JonnySmithers

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:09:51 PM

How long is the password?
J35st3r

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:11:31 PM

As you all probably know more about this than me; what about with every second letter a vowel?

Eg  1Nakamo
not 1Stshnm

Um, no I don't (as you can see from my lack of a grasp of basic math!), but I agree that its getting more unlikely. Maybe I should resurrect my idea that he's just been playing with brainwallet rainbow tables, which sort of explains his generous offer of 1BTC to the first to guess his password ... eg a random 8 word passphrase from a 10000 word dictionary yields 10^32 combinations! (risking my math reputation yet again Embarrassed )

1Jest66T6Jw1gSVpvYpYLXR6qgnch6QYU1 NumberOfTheBeast ... go on, give it a try Grin
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:16:53 PM

4. follow but dont creep

That's a twitter thing. Girl models use that expression, usually ones posting the kind of pictures attracting creeps. Then they are surprised when the creeps follow.

5. deep but not profound

It's the title of an old word game: "Deep but not profound". The rules are hidden in title of the game: The first word must have a double vocal, the second one may not have one.
JonnySmithers

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:31:28 PM

I think I might know! Where do I go to type in the password?
threeip

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 06:32:10 PM

I think I might know! Where do I go to type in the password?

http://brainwallet.org/

andrewboy44 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:13:54 PM

If yall want I will take the bitcoin out and give yall the passphrase so yall can see that this is indeed a brainwallet. This was created on brainwallet.org. When I made the passphrase it contained mupltiple words. I have no reason to lie to tell you this is a brainwallet. If ya'll would like I will take the 1btc out, give yall the passphrase, and make a new brain wallet for yall to try to hack? I don't want people accusing me for something that is not true.
threeip

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 10:26:23 PM

It's not that I don't believe you - it's just unlikely.

Can we have some sort of hint as to the passphrase format, or something? It's quite a big key space right now.

andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:33:55 PM

It's not that I don't believe you - it's just unlikely.

Can we have some sort of hint as to the passphrase format, or something? It's quite a big key space right now.

haha wow... im removing the coins now and I will give you the other 12 hints that most likely would have made the puzzle easily solvable and I will give the passphrase and private key. I was shocked too when I looked up and saw how the wallet address looked. I even debated keep the wallet for myself. I have no reason to bs. I just sent the private key to my mtgox wallet. after the coin arrives I will post the information for ya'll.
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:42:35 PM

yes because im creating cool bitcoin games? ? ? ? definitely a scammer....
threeip

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 10:48:44 PM

Just post the passphrase already?

caiaphas

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:51:24 PM

It's not just that there are no numbers, but that it is upper case followed by all lower case like a person's name.

Yeah, roughly (24/58)^7 = 0.002 for an uppercase followed by any six lowercase, so its getting on for unlikely, but not wildly impossible.

Eg  1Nakamo
not 1Stshnm

I think 20/58*6/58*19/58*6/58*19/58*6/58 = .000040965

That's CapitalConsonant + lowercasevowel + lowercaseconsonant + lowercasevowel + lowercaseconsonant + lowercasevowel

andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:58:55 PM

Just post the passphrase already?

Im getting it all together now. I'm explaining every hint, plus I have to wait for the 1btc to come into my account so everyone doesnt try to redeem the private key and stuff when I post it.
threeip

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 12:28:32 AM

Ah, it was a Jesus Game!

andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:35:30 AM

Ah, it was a Jesus Game!

haha yeah man... yall mistaked a devoted christian as a thief.... but i understand. there are a lot of bitcoin thieves out there but it all honesty im just trying to prove myself to the community. I have spent hours upon hours online reading do doing stuff involving bitcoin. It never dawned on me to post on here. I have a legit idea to make a website that does things like this and raffles items off and I think I'm going to execute it soon. Just adding something new to the bitcoin community
razorfishsl

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 12:49:49 AM

Being able to be "born again" is a con-mans wet dream, complete absolution from your past crimes.....
you have to ask yourself what sort of group would come up with such a concept.....

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:59:51 AM

Being able to be "born again" is a con-mans wet dream, complete absolution from your past crimes.....
you have to ask yourself what sort of group would come up with such a concept.....

haha wow.... whatever mate. everyone has there right to an opinion. You sound foolish
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 01:28:07 AM

Thanks for the fun, good times.

Consider this though:
If one of your hints was:  
"It is the books of the bible"
It is unlikely that anyone would have guessed it without brute forcing.
If you assume that the guesser would have also guessed that you don't capitalize and that you skipped some books, there are 66 books in the Bible, (+1 for skips) that would give 67 factorial possibilities = 3.6471111e+94 (3 with 94 0's after it)

To guess this It would either take divine intervention, or a patient computer.  The difficulty + asking for pay (even if small) might be why some folks think this was not so legitimate.  Even knowing it was bible books, there are more guesses needed then there are bitcoins

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:34:49 AM

Thanks for the fun, good times.

Consider this though:
If one of your hints was:  
"It is the books of the bible"
It is unlikely that anyone would have guessed it without brute forcing.
If you assume that the guesser would have also guessed that you don't capitalize and that you skipped some books, there are 66 books in the Bible, (+1 for skips) that would give 67 factorial possibilities = 3.6471111e+94 (3 with 94 0's after it)

To guess this It would either take divine intervention, or a patient computer.  The difficulty + asking for pay (even if small) might be why some folks think this was not so legitimate.  Even knowing it was bible books, there are more guesses needed then there are bitcoins
I only did the old test and one new...  and thats why you buy into hints. idealy I want at least 30 btc to be in there for the winner. I made it like this so you couldnt bruteforce. bruteforce tech isnt fair. this is for people that look at the hints and physically try passwords. hints later would have said books of the bible, and no caps, i wouldnt drop key hints first... but yes i agree this was hard. if i decide to make one later i will make it easier and design better hints.
CommanderVenus

Activity: 258

Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:45:54 AM

Whats funny is that i was trying bible stuff in the passphrase last night. I was sure it was "Love your neighbor as yourself." But it wasnt obviously..

yall mistaked a devoted christian as a thief....
I gotta say though, being a devoted christian doesnt have anything to do with being or not being a thief.
 Roll Eyes

Im not saying i thought you were, i was actually content with your game and having fun trying to crack the code. I hope to see more in the future.

BTC: 1VenusEubcLC9W7ykckHbdEzo5MVhPmCb
NXT: 15182624396855992605
BTQ: 14b2QFPwFtBC3tcRW9F61aaRXP2ns3fh1m
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: