Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:29:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminal Lawsuit against BFL in Germany [in progress]  (Read 7074 times)
Bigrah

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:29:35 PM

I hate BFL, but I think this is funny.  I have visions of a german guy in an interpol uniform with a little blue light on his car roof knocking on BFL's doors and just being waved away like a mosquito.  It's a US corporation.  Pound sand, Germany.

Its not that funny.. A german court can confiscate every product that BFL ships into the EU.

That people will risk the purchases from everyone who lives in Europe..

So that would be the Germans screwing other Germans.  Not prosecuting BFL.  How does that nip the problem in the bud, exactly?

Oh sorry.. I forgot that most are from the us....  There are germans in europe.. but not everyone in europe is german.. like there are dogs in the US but not everyone in the US is a dog....
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 09:34:11 PM

Thats typically for the germans.. They always think their the greatest, the best and they got the law on their side.

If BFL was a german company, the boss would already be in jail and the buyers would lawsuit the shit out of him .. it then does not matter if they get the money or the product, all they want is to be right..

LMAO

I'm not German and yet I like that attitude. Courts do their job over there. Electors also are less stupid and politicians are held accountable for their actions.

Absolutely not.. They screw their neighbours all over the place. They call the police when you parked your car a bit over the white borderline, they call the cops when you having a birthday party and are partying until 10.01 pm (its only allowed "loud" until 10.00 pm), they stick a knife in your back when you turn around ...

bitchin' all over the place.. They WOULD be so stupid to really do the lawsuit which is the reason for this thread, and the asshole who had the idea for this lawsuit would also be happy if he got ANY progress against BFL, even if that means every german customer would NOT get his ASIC..

The only good thing in germany is for the poltics.. they work their asses off and pay taxes like hell.. but they do it with attitude and no one moans... ;-)

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:36:55 PM

I really hope they cancel all the orders going to germany that way many people will move up in the queue who don't mind waiting just a bit longer........

LOL, Stockholm Syndrome (which is a form of denial) + greed

Human race is amazing Cheesy

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:58:28 PM

BFL are not in the EU.

BFL's CEO Nasser Ghoseiri lives in France.

That probably doesn't count for much though.  Germany != EU != France.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:05:29 PM

BFL are not in the EU.

He is not their CEO.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:12:20 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 10:32:35 PM by Xian01

It's a US corporation.  Pound sand, Germany.

Welcome to doing business on the global stage. Where telling Germany (or any country for that matter) to "pound sand" will result in you not having the ability of ever doing business in their country again.

This is not in any profitable business' best interests.

In the larger context, however, one could argue that America's favorite Bitcoin ASIC company has bigger problems than having EU zones rejecting their products.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:30:47 PM

It amazes me the number of gullible people that even think that a commercial consumer complaint falls under criminal law, instead of the relevant consumer legislation.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:39:51 PM

It amazes me the number of gullible people that even think that a commercial consumer complaint falls under criminal law, instead of the relevant consumer legislation.

I believe starting with consumer complaints is a valid first step in establishing a criminal case, if we're arguing semantics and realities.

You would be surprised at how effective filing consumer complaints can be. Especially when done en-masse so much so that authorities start seeing a pattern of complaints developing.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:45:44 PM

BFL are not in the EU.

He is not their CEO.

If not him, then who?  Wink

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:09:09 AM

Germany custom corruption, they are mining bitcoins like crazy Wink

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:34:13 AM

BFL are not in the EU.

He is not their CEO.

Nasser Ghoseiri is the CEO

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
CrazyRabbi

Activity: 490

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:40:11 AM

@OP LOL you arn't even an official account your name has fuckin 3 repeating digits in it.. Why in the fuck would you think anything you say is credible here?...

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:57:48 AM

@OP LOL you arn't even an official account your name has fuckin 3 repeating digits in it.. Why in the fuck would you think anything you say is credible here?...

You forgot to mention ASICminer fan too!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg2699857#msg2699857
CrazyRabbi

Activity: 490

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:03:15 AM

You forgot to mention ASICminer fan too!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg2699857#msg2699857

Lulz thanks for the link erk this person is definately a troll XD

maqifrnswa

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:41:55 AM

I don't know much about the German legal system, but the words"criminal" "lawsuit" and "prosecutor" are not usually used in the same sentence. Also, lawyers are generally calculating and only do things when there is something to gain. Why tip your hand on some internet forum, and why do it anonymously when you could get more clients by advertising?

This is an old thread:
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/528396.html

but it looks like the combined cost of the trial AND of collecting against a foreign corporation from Germany will probably exceed whatever damages that will be awarded against BFL for non-delivery. So, the only one that wins here is the lawyer...

Something doesn't make sense. I vote troll. But if it is real, I applaud the lawyer for finding 30+ paying saps! Now they're out BFL money and lawyer money.
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:53:29 AM

Something doesn't make sense. I vote troll.
I'm with you at this point, but not for the reasons most have posted in this thread.

It's completely plausible that authorities might bring criminal charges against BFL in Germany, and there is almost certainly the necessary treaties and law to permit the prosecution.  This is particularly so if the authorities were presented with multiple citizens with the same prima facia complaint of violation.

BUT... It is not at all typical, nor credible, that an attorney, or agent, of those parties would announce a criminal investigation (not the OP says in effect "not yet" to existence of charges) that is on going.

I'm skeptical.  But wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it all out of hand.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 04:11:17 AM

Is the OP's name Carol Johnson?
Red_Wolf_2

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:14:52 AM

Why is Carol listed as Male in their profile?

Probably should put something here.... Maybe an LTC address?
LeNdJidEvsyogSu2KbC1u3bfJSdcjACFsF
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 04:59:49 AM

I read somewhere, that OP's acc has been sold...

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 05:27:29 AM

I read somewhere, that OP's acc has been sold...

OP's name was registered a myriad of times on various site, mostly all around the same time frame.

I was thinking that one of those sites got hacked and gleaned the password of which may have been used across the board.

For the life of me I can't believe that the selling of users accounts on this forum isn't condoned. I can't think of one good reason it should have been in allowed in the first place. Actually, I can think of a nefarious reason, but I rather not go there.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: