Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:07:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: are all tokens shit?  (Read 704 times)
vince212 (OP)

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:44:25 AM

No, did you get burned?

nope im just observing.
HelloWorldofCrypto

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:46:07 AM

Noooo
Not at all. 90% - shit. But other 10% have advantages and different fields for using

Yeah, u r right. Many of them - just twins. But some coins very useful. For example, DOGE good for small fast transactions.
Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:06:09 AM

On Ethereum, there are now almost 20000 token contracts, and only about 40 of them have a market cap of 3MM+.

Yes, there is a lot of crap tokens, but there are also about 10 that I think have potential.  

Perhaps not having to reinvent the wheel and develop a BlockChain and wallet isn’t such a bad thing, if the company has a good idea, they can focus on the business plan instead of coding a new coin.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
pinkliar

Activity: 262

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:51:28 AM

On Ethereum, there are now almost 20000 token contracts, and only about 40 of them have a market cap of 3MM+.

Yes, there is a lot of crap tokens, but there are also about 10 that I think have potential.  

Perhaps not having to reinvent the wheel and develop a BlockChain and wallet isn’t such a bad thing, if the company has a good idea, they can focus on the business plan instead of coding a new coin.
even there is a lot of token out there specially in ethereum project there is a lot of token but only few has a potential and also we know how good some project is in the etherum. Maybe the quantity of shit are more thn in the quantity of having potential but not all may say that shit token.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
HariiPKB

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:01:25 AM

There are too many good tokens with good idea on product, but tokens investment still a big risk because dev team may leave their job and that their profit anytime.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
maxj57634

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:07:50 AM

There are too many good tokens with good idea on product, but tokens investment still a big risk because dev team may leave their job and that their profit anytime.

There are only a few good token that can be consider as good and the rest are just wasting your time, investing in alt coins is a huge risk to take even to most promising ones, you may never know when it will drop in the market and get delisted.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:08:52 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 12:25:54 PM by faceoff97

If one token shit it doesn't mean all of them are shit. There are good tokens/coins. I think number of ICOs in the next year are going to decrease.

The truth is, most of the token doesn't really bring benefit. Majority of the newly made coin are actually just created to snatch money from people through digital way. Better hss to really do some good read and as much as possible have credible people who haa full knowledge about cryptosystem arriund you. Only few from hundreds really have promising success.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:09:15 AM

can anyone give a good token. been studying and observing them.

i think ICOs now have become more shit and lazy than ICOs  pre ethereum.

before they develop their blockchain  and wallet first. so you at least have a working wallet.

ICOs now developers are active before ICO and becomes lazy after ICO. they just make whitepapers
and some fancy website. geez some ICOs that gathered millions in just a few minutes doesnt even want to pay big exchanges to get listed.

EDIT: IM TALKING ABOUT ERC20 TOKENS ICO INSIDE ETH OR OTHER COINS LIKE ETH. NOT ALL ALT COINS

I have been involved in some in the past but all I can say is that the ability to create token on ETH or Waves has made developers lazy. There is even a way to that a token can be created if you have the skills within few hours, get a team, put something together and lauch ICO prior to the time where you will have to have your own node running with blockchain. This has in no small way affect the project that enough energy have been put to make it happen. But that's is not to say all are shit as my eyes and studying is on this token I'm wearing its signature.
TheDistrictsProject

Activity: 361
Merit: 284

A new beginning

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 05:18:58 AM

Most of them using the smart-contract only to raise money.
Do your own research before investing, don't trust ICOs listing/rating websites, they only rate and promote paid advertisement.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 05:31:55 AM

Not all still few of them are very promising, and more profitable. I know why you ask that question, because now a days there are many ico that has been created and some of them are shit token. Thats what i hate in this, so always be careful in choosing token because all you hard work will put into trash if your token is a shit.
For a token to be considered valuable, it must have service that token will be used as payment. I agree with you that most of them miss this catch that is why many token nowadays are just token itself, no valuable service that it can rendered.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
TopT3ns

Activity: 2576
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 05:42:06 AM

some of my tokens have good price, well i get it from bounty and i save it for long time, not really long but the coins always have their time when they gonna up and down. it depends from the project but some visa card/banking project usually successfull

blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:07:35 AM

Not all tokens, I keep PAY, it is a great token because the developers are runing ten x pay wallet, The wallet accepted to some offline store if I am not mistaken. The price is qood too, the value of the token is still stable not growing because the price of BTC that increase. I think in the near future PAY price will jump.
Ziminator

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:29:49 AM

I agree. Almost all shit. And it's not clear what to do with them at all. I just burn like you !!!

Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:29:26 AM

I agree. Almost all shit. And it's not clear what to do with them at all. I just burn like you !!!

You are not paying attention then. There are many good ICOs lately than the previous years. There are also many shitcoins as always since before. New technology and platforms will keep getting better as we move forward to becoming mainstream. 
meditatingdog

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:47:21 AM

most probably are get rich quick scam.
grizmoblust

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:48:20 AM

ya. In my opinion. token is only to help dev collect fund to complete project. Then we can use token on their platform and get benefit from that.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:51:10 AM

Not all Token shit, actually many token has big potential depending on the fundamental of the token, take alook OMG, POWR, POLL,CCORE . The price of these token increasing and get many benefit to the investor. So just learn about fundamental of the token before buy any digital token. The token that promising usually their project has working product already.

Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:10:52 AM

No, not all tokens are shit there are many tokens which are good and are increasing and can also be great for long term and short term investment but rest of them are just no good tokens made just to make money wiit no vision or a good team behind it.Good tokens has some benefits and potential to grow but their numbers are less most of them are the shit tokens.
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:11:17 AM

Definitely no, there are a lot of token that give some people big income in there life as being bitcoiner here, maybe just look for some good bounty campaign that give you good value token.

yen10

Activity: 93

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:24:04 AM

No, not all tokens are shit or useless. Most of them are good at the start but end up as worthless after some time. Its true that most of the tokens are useless or shit coins but there are some that really works. You should have to identify which coin is legit. Some of it are came from good projects and promising innovation. Recently there are many token that really works. Just like business, not all platform will be successful.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: