Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:18:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin qt keeps corrupting the blockchain database!  (Read 1057 times)
juejue (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:51:02 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 09:25:15 PM by juejue

Please, please help me someone.  Cry

Please. I want to solo mine. I know how difficult things are getting these days, but my cards can hit 300MH/s so I want to give it a shot.

Basically, I need the Bitcoin qt wallet working.

Last night, I downloaded Bitcoin qt 8.3 and set it to work synchronizing.
The next morning it gives me a message: "Error System error: Database corrupted".
I uninstall it, reboot, re-install 8.3 and it gets the same message before it even starts up.
I delete everything on my computer, run Bitcoin qt. "Error System error: Database corrupted".
I fresh install my genuine windows 7 64 bit.
I redownload, reinstall Bitcoin qt 8.3.
It syncs for a while, and then I run into the same error, "Error System error: Database corrupted".
I find out where the database is stored, inside the roamingdata directory and delete the contents
This prompts Bitcoin qt to resync from scratch.
Bitcoin qt syncs for a while and then "Error System error: Database corrupted"
I fresh install windows again.
I download an older version of Bitcoin qt, version 8.0.0
It synchronized all day, and then, when it was at 50%, "Error System error: Database corrupted"
Burned MemTest86 to a disk, and ran it all day to check my RAM for broken addresses. No broken addresses. Ran Bitcoin QT from scratch.
"Error System error: Database corrupted"
Torture-tested my CPU with Prime96. CPU is in perfect condition. Ran Bitcoin QT from scratch.
Reinstalled my SSD firmware.
Tried an old CPU in my motherboard
Tried old RAM sticks in my motherboard
Downloaded Bitcoin qt version 7.0.0

Why is this happening to me? Why no one else? Bitcoin qt is the biggest wallet going, why has no one else run into this? Google it, there's nothing describing others with this error. I've had it without fail.

Please, someone out there must know exactly why this is happening without fail to my 64 bit system.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcarraig

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:57:29 PM

Trying to mine bitcoins solo running 30mh/s, at today's difficulty, is totally futile.  You'll never get anything out of it.  At that hashrate, you can try to join a pool and maybe earn 0.0005 BTC per day.
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:24:21 PM

I had a POS SSD that gave me the same errors. You aren't using a corsair nova, are you? The thing runs windows perfectly fine and ran my miner (pooled) for months. As soon as I switched to a real HDD Bitcoin QT would work again.

30MH is totally useless now. Are you sure you are not accidentally mining using your CPU? You mention multiple cards, I can't even think of what pair of cards could possibly net such a low value. Must be some really old gforce cards...

You would potentially make .0006 BTC a day right now, and then even less as soon as the difficulty jumps. That doesn't count electricity cost either, that would put you well into the hole. Also most pools require .1 BTC to cash out, so you'd probably never even get your hands on what little you did mine anyway.

Sorry!

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
juejue (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:25:46 PM

Missed out a 0 Smiley I meant 300MH/s

I'm using a Samsung SSD 840 series. Interesting that you were getting the same error!
pontiacg5

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:29:09 PM

Missed out a 0 Smiley I meant 300MH/s

Ok. You'd make .0058 coins per day for a short period. Either that or you'd wait approximately 11 years and 320 days to hit a block on your own. Even pooled mining it would take over two weeks just to hit the payout threshold. Plus difficulty is always rising, always...

You make 300MH with multiple cards? Electric cost would make even pooled mining a loosing situation then.

I suggest you mine LTC in a pool, but even that would probably loose you money up front. You'd have to bet on LTC cost rising, in which case you'd be better off selling the cards and buying litecoins with the earnings.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
juejue (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:39:04 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 09:55:49 PM by juejue

I'm a 3D animator, so I have the cards anyway. There's only two. Was wanting to use bitcoin mining to offset the costs, but I've already wasted a few days on this and getting pretty down so I might just give up.

Mining with a pool just gets bottlenecked by my bandwidth. Right now I'm mining with Eclipse EU at 340 khash/s :/

Just seems like a waste of potential when I have these cards and could get lucky solo. Not looking to quit my day job, just offset costs! But yeah 11 years haha...I'll just mine with a pool then?

Maybe if I select a pool closer to home I'll get a better score. Would pool mining at 300 m/s be sensible, just to make a little money on the side?
pontiacg5

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:50:46 PM

Bandwidth should not be a problem with pooled mining and if it is some pools will let you set a custom difficulty to save bandwidth. Slow internet when solo mining would be a problem though, imagine (super lucky!) finding a block but then finding that you are 10 seconds late to the party. That would hurt bad...

You have to be on nvidia cards too, right? I wouldn't even bother burning those up on mining. Either that or you have some real old ATI cards that probably aren't too efficient either.

It would be possible to solve a block still, in fact I did when the stats said I had approximately a year and a half to wait. But that was a month or so ago and a lot has changed since then. You won't get anything to help offset the cost of electricity, in fact you might have better odds just buying a whole bunch of lottery scratchers with the cash you'd burn on electricity  Cheesy

Mining bitcoin now at 300MH would bring in .005 coins a day, or about 5 cents. If you pay for electricity you will be loosing money. Litecoins are really your only option, barely.

The days of mining bitcoins with GPUs are over. I have 3000MH still chugging along and I only make 5 bucks a day. If I had to pay for my electricity I would be loosing money. That is a $2800 rig, with 4 7970s. I hope that puts things in perspective for you a bit!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: