Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 01:43:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: yPool.net XPM Pooled CPU Mining!!!  (Read 15667 times)
jungle_dave

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:27:27 PM

Im not getting higher then 6ch ..
doing something wrong here?
rwessels

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:48:50 PM

High difficulty makes it tough.  The last few days have been really hard to find blocks.
psyc

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:59:27 PM

someone gains access ypool.net?
mechs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:07:31 PM

Apparently they are migrating servers and will be a few hours.
psyc

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:10:11 PM

Apparently they are migrating servers and will be a few hours.

Thanks
mechs

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:16:46 PM

Is a pain in the as though.  Had 10 machines running and doing nothing for hours
psyc

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 09:22:18 PM

Is a pain in the as though.  Had 10 machines running and doing nothing for hours

exactly!
rwessels

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:40:53 AM

So I am seeing something that I find very strange.  Quite a few users have almost no shares at all, but have a huge share value.  Now since the most points that you can get from a share is 100 - and that is for an 11 chain which is very rare.  More likely you would get 80 or 16 points for a block.

If you are user xpm12 with 79 shares and 704 points, that means you must have found at least 7 blocks in the last 80 blocks that were found.   Yet when I look through the last 6 pages of blocks that were found, user xpm12 has not found any of them.  That doesn't seem right.

Then take user ssfnwfn with 84 shares and 542 points.  Same thing, but at least 5 blocks right?  This looks a bit better because ssfnwfn found one in the last 6 pages.  But still seems very odd.

Take a look at other users with thousands of shares and they have a much more reasonable ratio of share count to share value - and have actually found blocks.

This started happening a few days ago - well at least I started noticing it a few days ago.  Have people found a way to cheat the pool?
EgotisticalElf

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:33:02 AM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/randywessels/XPM.png

So I am seeing something that I find very strange.  Quite a few users have almost no shares at all, but have a huge share value.  Now since the most points that you can get from a share is 100 - and that is for an 11 chain which is very rare.  More likely you would get 80 or 16 points for a block.

If you are user xpm12 with 79 shares and 704 points, that means you must have found at least 7 blocks in the last 80 blocks that were found.   Yet when I look through the last 6 pages of blocks that were found, user xpm12 has not found any of them.  That doesn't seem right.

Then take user ssfnwfn with 84 shares and 542 points.  Same thing, but at least 5 blocks right?  This looks a bit better because ssfnwfn found one in the last 6 pages.  But still seems very odd.

Take a look at other users with thousands of shares and they have a much more reasonable ratio of share count to share value - and have actually found blocks.

This started happening a few days ago - well at least I started noticing it a few days ago.  Have people found a way to cheat the pool?

The new experimental miner that came out a few days does not report Shares, only ShareValue. (Unless you find a 9-chain).

While i don't know for sure, looks like he was running something like that.
rwessels

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 06:39:23 AM

It still doesn't make any sense to me that someone that has not found a block in the last 80 blocks that the pool has found could have a share value so high.  Matter of fact, the last block that xpm12 found was 46 hours ago.  That is hundreds of blocks ago.  Something is very wrong here.
jh00

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:47:17 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2013, 03:00:41 PM by jh00

It still doesn't make any sense to me that someone that has not found a block in the last 80 blocks that the pool has found could have a share value so high.  Matter of fact, the last block that xpm12 found was 46 hours ago.  That is hundreds of blocks ago.  Something is very wrong here.
The new reward system that comes with the experimental miner pays a little bit more than the other miners as an initiative for people to switch and for developers to implement it in their miners. It's also decoupled from shares and instead uses the estimated chance to find a block within a given timespan to reward the miner. It effectively removes the luck factor of finding good shares or blocks.

Previously, if two users with the exact same hardware configuration and the same miner version mined for 5 hours, their reward was vastly different. Just because one was luckier than the other. This is exactly the opposite of what pool mining is about. With pooled mining we try to decrease the spikes in the payout and make it more even for all. If someone finds no blocks he will still get paid for trying, if someone finds a lot of blocks he still gets paid the same amount.
If someone wants the full reward for being lucky then go for solo. In the end you should get about same amount of XPM from solo mining and pooled mining (minus pool fee)

Edit: I just checked the stats and it's kind of strange. The mentioned user has doubled his share value but still has not found a block. I will look into it.
Edit2: All fine, he just added a lot of machines and he found already enough blocks.
mechs

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:28:32 PM

It still doesn't make any sense to me that someone that has not found a block in the last 80 blocks that the pool has found could have a share value so high.  Matter of fact, the last block that xpm12 found was 46 hours ago.  That is hundreds of blocks ago.  Something is very wrong here.
The new reward system that comes with the experimental miner pays a little bit more than the other miners as an initiative for people to switch and for developers to implement it in their miners. It's also decoupled from shares and instead uses the estimated chance to find a block within a given timespan to reward the miner. It effectively removes the luck factor of finding good shares or blocks.

Previously, if two users with the exact same hardware configuration and the same miner version mined for 5 hours, their reward was vastly different. Just because one was luckier than the other. This is exactly the opposite of what pool mining is about. With pooled mining we try to decrease the spikes in the payout and make it more even for all. If someone finds no blocks he will still get paid for trying, if someone finds a lot of blocks he still gets paid the same amount.
If someone wants the full reward for being lucky then go for solo. In the end you should get about same amount of XPM from solo mining and pooled mining (minus pool fee)

Edit: I just checked the stats and it's kind of strange. The mentioned user has doubled his share value but still has not found a block. I will look into it.
Edit2: All fine, he just added a lot of machines and he found already enough blocks.
Where do we get this experimental miner?
rwessels

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:41:14 PM

I am not so sure that experimental miner is working very well.  xpm12 STILL hasn't found a block in over 55 hours.  In the meantime other users at ypoll have found over 450 blocks.  Yet they are the 17th highest paid user still.  That is down from position 5 in my screenshot so something is happening there.

I am not sure that I want to switch the experimental miner yet as I seem to be finding blocks faster now that I was before - 6 in the last 24 hours.  But I would like to take a look at it on maybe a box or two.  Is it the one from the ypoll website that says version .41?
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:21:30 PM

what is happening with ypool?
web site doesn't work??

IOTA
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:45:03 PM

At a guess it is getting destroyed by people turning on hundreds of VPSs to mine protoshares..
I would either solo mine, try another pool or another CPU coin for a while.
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:55:23 PM

I don't understand this logic. I'm finding more chains than ever (16 in the last few hours) but my balance is hardly increasing and the panel shows 0 shares)  Huh

stubbscroll

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:42:24 AM

I get around 80% invalid shares these days (mostly "share value too low"). This happens both with the regular jhprimeminer and the T15 version. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Mabo81

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 03:31:54 PM

morta pure questa ?
TDA31

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 03:01:50 PM

Is YPool dead?
Can't access their website... are our coins there gone?
rockmoney

Activity: 439
Merit: 297

www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 03:48:34 AM

Is YPool dead?
Can't access their website... are our coins there gone?

I'm having the same problem - can't seem to access their website. I have been able to make parts of the site load at times and after MANY refreshes, but can't get any further than that. Anyone with any updates please let us know. Thanks!

GekkoScience Products on Amazon Prime 1-DAY SHIPPING 
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: