Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2024, 12:47:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-12-12]Winklevoss twins say bitcoin will increase another 20 times  (Read 1948 times)
hugeblack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 3900

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 05:41:37 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2019, 02:56:08 AM by hugeblack

THE twin brothers dubbed the world’s first “bitcoin billionaires” have predicted the controversial digital currency could increase in value by another 20 times from today’s levels.

Speaking to Fox Business following the launch of the first bitcoin futures product on the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) on Sunday night, Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss challenged the naysayers to “put their money where their mouth is”.

“We think bitcoin is gold 2.0,” Cameron said. “It’s a store of value, so today it’s about a $US300 billion market cap, gold is at $US6 trillion, so we think it could very well go up another 20 times from today.

“We’ve been saying this since when bitcoin was a billion-dollar market cap. We’ve been in bitcoin about five years, it’s grown about 300 times to this point, so we think it’s definitely realistic that it could grow and disrupt gold and maybe even beyond that.”

The Winklevoss twins are the founders of the Gemini Exchange — which the CBOE has partnered with for its futures product — and long-term bitcoin investors. In 2013, they bought $US11 million worth, accounting for around 1 per cent of total circulation at the time.

Source http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/investing/winklevoss-twins-say-bitcoin-will-increase-another-20-times-amid-growing-warnings-of-crypto-mania/news-story/5516952c91834dc785cf6e7ccdbad403

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:16:28 AM

Here we go again with the comparison of Bitcoin to Gold this time they are basing it on their respective market cap. Bitcoin has already done the impossible of becoming a billion dollar worth of asset  and I don't think it will be good for us especially the small players when it reach into a trillion dollar worth asset as we might experience a higher kind of volatility and it might be in hundred thousands of dollars a day. I have huge respect to the twins but I think they are simply hyping Bitcoin.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:43:12 PM

These two guys can be considered as one of the most positive people on Earth as far as Bitcoin is concerned. And right so because they invested millions into Bitcoin when the world was not yet awake with the coin's potential for immense growth and profits. Well, who can say that the twins has no capacity to predict the future then? They must be seeing Bitcoin to grow by leaps and bounds especially now that its legitimization has already started. Who knows what can exactly happen in the future but time so let's just see if the twins' prediction will indeed come true. Now, if it turned out they are right then I promise I would not be complaining at all...am glad though that there is no d-ck eating for these guys.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: