Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 06:22:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING Avoid Nexty Coin  (Read 523 times)
cpmcgrat (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:45:22 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 05:55:25 AM by cpmcgrat

Thought I'd share my experience with a new ICO that is happening now.

(ANN thread can be found here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2498919.0)
(Airdrop/Bounty PR thread can be found here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2560611.0)

DO NOT PARTICIPATE. They do not allow withdrawal after depositing coins into their web wallet in preparation for their ICO. I deposited a nominal amount to test if they are legit, but it appears they are not.

First of all the withdrawal is greyed out, but after going into the HTML/Javascript and re-enabling the withdrawal function's underlying code. It is returning withdrawal is not available.

All of their "positive" press in the ANN thread is generated from their Airdrop, don't let it dupe you.

I reached out to the founder of the coin, user Nexty.io, about withdrawing my ether and have not heard back despite him tracking as online for multiple hours following the request.

STAY AWAY!

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
Prinox2

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:54:28 AM

Thank you so much for that info,
lately on my facebook page and Telegram I see series of invite from people persuading me to join their coin... considering the experience you just shared, how can someone detect these scammers without actually being a victim first?
thanks
cpmcgrat (OP)

DCAB

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:57:08 AM

lately on my facebook page and Telegram I see series of invite from people persuading me to join their coin... considering the experience you just shared, how can someone detect these scammers without actually being a victim first?
thanks

The key is to be a victim in a small way then ensure other people know. Personally, that means tripping a few wires with a small amount first to test the waters or waiting for someone else to do so. I guess I'm just paying the community back for saving me on more than one occasion Smiley

Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 06:54:59 AM

thanks
One way to not be the first victim is to monitor the reviews of people who have invested and ensure that they are real investors

leslie4u

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:17:58 AM

Thank you for the update. Things like this should be shared with masses so that people are aware of what's going on and that they do not fall victim to things like this. There are so many scams out there now that it is very difficult to conclude which is authentic and which isn't. Only awarness can educate people not to fall prey to scam projects but then this also means that someone need to burn their hands first and then pass the info.

Thanks for sharing!!

Have a nice day
Chironexxx

Activity: 148
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:35:20 AM

Thanks for the warning!

As you wrote already, a big red flag is the horrible English. The [ANN], the homepage and the whitepaper are full or errors...

It sounded interesting at first, but after a closer look, it seems to be very fishy

nothing to see here!
cpmcgrat (OP)

DCAB

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:21:35 AM

UPDATE: Still no response from the user Nexty.io regarding the withdrawal of my funds despite him responding to his ICO thread recently.

Nexty.io

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:36:38 AM

UPDATE: Still no response from the user Nexty.io regarding the withdrawal of my funds despite him responding to his ICO thread recently.

CPMCgrat, you just sent me an email couple hours ago.

We cannot have instant support for your comment on Bitcointalk, since there are many comments at this time.

Please also remember, we have stated clearly that you can withdraw after ICO to prevent lot of loads & works during ICO period.

We have issued a refund for you CPMCgrat, but this is only time as an exception.

Everyone, we do not force people to join us. So please consider whether our future is suitable for your investment target,  before make any deposit.
PerfectCoinSeeker

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:31:40 PM

Where is your team like every other legitimate project?
naruto35090

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:43:39 PM

Currently, only accounts that can buy pNTY can be withdrawn,
I invested a bit here so I got to know about it
dodo070

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 03:45:12 PM

It's good to know thanks . I was thinking about buy this but now i know what to do .
Nexty.io

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:45:46 PM

Oh. Sorry, we didn't watch this thread. Anyone who withdrew successfully please confirm here, just because we allowed to withdraw ETH quite a long time ago, after ICO ends.
paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 12:51:25 PM

Do other ICOs are letting their users to withdraw? Seems it's part of their system that which you can only withdraw with their specific date or right after their ICO.
Well in my case I don't usually test out ICOs capabilities and test projects because I don't rant to face any problems in the future but sending 0.5 Eth is huge figure this month.
You're just giving away your point five ethereum just to prove they are legitimate?
Seems like you're too generous!

renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:55:54 PM

It looks like scam project, even good projects, hyped ones may be scam. People must realize that buying at ico is very risky investment.
thelemot

Activity: 241
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:21:29 PM

good info, lots of ico who scam by sending subscribe with email, via telegram. and I experienced that my email was spamed by various unconfirmed ico projectnya. so be careful if you want to invest in the project. and choose a clear project. lest you give the investment to the wrong project, the impact you will lose your money.
Yunica321

Activity: 27
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:37:29 PM

thank you for this good information.
Omnopon)

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:27:08 PM

There are so many fraudulent ICO and airdrops divorced that it is directly frightening. People  discuss about how to fight with this, but so far I have no idea how to know in time that the project is fraudulent. Thanks for the info.   
Nexty.io

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:44:57 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 01:57:48 PM by Nexty.io

It looks like scam project, even good projects, hyped ones may be scam. People must realize that buying at ico is very risky investment.
Hi there. What makes you think we're a potential scammer?

dangdrifter

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:27:38 PM

your coin has legit stopped trading lol 

IgniHash

Activity: 224

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:13:36 PM

I don't follow much info about this project. But usually, if the team/dev hold the withdrawal, there must be a reason. The important thing is the dev must set a schedule for when the token can be withdrawn by the ICO participant. Promise that word and the investor would not disappoint.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: