Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:17:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any usable/popular coins without speculative price out there ?  (Read 217 times)
vanilla-rtb (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:14:36 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 06:56:41 AM by vanilla-rtb

Hi guys,
Our team is searching for any available decentralized p2p network that uses tokens and somehow magically prevents its price
from appreciating or depreciating.

We've looked at all bitcoin based implementations and solutions running today , we've also looked at private / permission based platforms
Hyperledger and R3 Corda and public  Ripple , BitShares , IOTA , bitcoin , ether , etc , etc

Every solution allows exchanges to create a wallet/account  thus create speculative venues within decentralized network.
This makes it useless for sending money or maintaining services on the network.

We are not looking for coin implementations  that don't move too much in price , because it's simply not popular or no one knows about them yet, we are looking for a protocol within blockchain network implementation that makes it attractive for users but not attractive for speculators.

We were thinking about this from the very beginning , we did not want to reinvent the wheel if such solution already exist then we would like
to adopt it for our product rather then spending 8-12 months implementing it from scratch.

If you guys know something please let us know, also if you are enthusiast-coder and want to pair with us , our work for ad-tech community is
here
https://github.com/venediktov/vanilla-rtb

We have multiple projects under the hood including order books , order management systems and financial exchange protocols.

We currently have 3 developers with C++11/Java/Golang/Python background some of us have previous cryptography knowledge dating  back to
DES, 3DES, ECB, CBC , CFB we  are not experts in cryptography and far from writing our own implementations of SHA-3 , but we understand the concept behind it .

If you know solution on GitHub that already addresses coin volatility issue please reply with a link.
Thank you so much for reading our message !

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 906

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:19:14 AM

"Somehow magically prevents it`s price from appreciating and depreciating"...What?It`s not about magic...
I don`t know about any cryptocurrency with such feature.If the cryptocurrenciy price is fixed,all the traders would stay away from the coin and without such market laquidity,the coin is dead.
Perhaps tether (USDT) is close to the coin that you are looking for.
Maybe you could run and ICO and control the token price by manipulating the token supply,so the token prices would be always low.

aballen

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Ripple seems "fairly" stable.
vanilla-rtb (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:48:31 PM

Ripple seems "fairly" stable.
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
Ripple only deals with depreciation of XRC , we did not want to use this standard monetary approach , when I said stable I think I meant pegged .
To stabilize it in Ripple it has to burn tokens when price goes down and issue tokens when price goes up, but that's standard monetary procedure , it also
works as postmortem .

Our team members brainstormed with idea utilizing  following protocol features :
- tokens expirations
- fees collected by issuing foundation when tokens are  sitting in the wallet without providing or consuming services on the network
- transfer between wallets only possible if wallets provide or consume service
- foundation distributes tokens over OTC to users providing consuming service on the network instead of ICO

We are not sure if it's going to make it pegged tough , looking for inputs from community.

vanilla-rtb (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:14:23 PM

Perhaps tether (USDT) is close to the coin that you are looking for.
Maybe you could run and ICO and control the token price by manipulating the token supply,so the token prices would be always low.
Thanks for the info  on tether .
I wasn't able to find their full reference implementation , seems like tether runs closed networks , I am not able to start my own validating node, only
reference to client API to create wallets, send to wallets . It says it's built on open blockchain technology , do you know where tether keeps code ?
Tether idea is basically foundation holds users money for every token tether issues , it reports circulated tokens and reserves and those reports match.
This part is good, but I don't see how this by itself can prevent speculation to appreciate internal network token USDT , it won't go below 1$ , but it can go above 1$ ?

Our idea is a bit fuzzy , we like to brainstorm with community before we start implementing .
Our team members brainstormed with idea utilizing combination of  following protocol features :
- tokens expirations
- fees collected by "issuing foundation" , so  when tokens are  sitting in the wallet without providing or consuming services on the network similar to negative interest rates.
- transfer between wallets only possible if wallets provide or consume service
- foundation distributes tokens over OTC to users providing consuming service on the network instead of ICO

What do you think ?
Also if you have GitHub link for Tether , I would like to take a look .

Thank you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: