Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:24:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3, controller board swap?  (Read 424 times)
Cristian89 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:28:20 AM

Hi

I had a discussion with a friend, and he was telling me that it may be possible to put the controller board from L3 to D3?

Is this possible? If yes, any other modifications should be made?

Did anyone had in mind to put the S9 board to a D3?

Regards
Cristian
Dozium

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:14:31 PM

Huh
What do you mean ?
Why do you want to change the controller ?
RizalRahman

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:52:14 AM

Is it D3 controller board can swap with L3+ antminer. Just want to test if the L3+ faulty or not.
I have search Bitmain controller L3+/D3 from Bitmain buy part page.
May i know is it the controller is same.
big_daddy

Activity: 1666
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 02:30:09 PM

what batch do you have guys?
I have bought the 2nd and the 4th, the first one is perfect, they are running 24/7 withous an issue, but the last batch,  Angry Angry Angry they are faulty & not working propperly
does someone have the same issue? cause I don't want to send them back to bitmain, because it will be more expenses, shipping, customs... is there a way to fix them?

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
big_daddy

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 03:26:19 PM

If your having issues with D3 randomly stoppin g mining there is a firmware fix for that.

If boards are dieing you will need to send them back to bitmain.

We have 16 D3's from Batch 2 and 8 have suffered this issue. One of them has now lost two boards.

yap! the same to me, 2 boards off, than another is going faulty last few days and I am worried that will go 2 boards off equally Angry
You have send them back than to bitmain than? how long does it take to get the new one from them?

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
big_daddy

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 07:42:44 PM

yap! the same to me, 2 boards off, than another is going faulty last few days and I am worried that will go 2 boards off equally Angry
You have send them back than to bitmain than? how long does it take to get the new one from them?

I would get them sent of ASAP because your warranty is six months and your more than likely three months into that.

We sent ours off before Christmas and got some back today, Its totally random with them is my honest answer. We sent off an L3 Board back in September didn't get it back until last Tuesday!!!!! Angry

OMG
did You have problems at the customs? are they paying for the shipping when are dispatching the new part?

lL0Kil

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:24:52 AM

Hi there guys!

So let me get this straight, you can take L3+ hashboards and use them with the D3 control board? to mine litecoin. so it becomes a L3+ essentially?

I have a D3 and 1 board is dead almost from beginning. So trying to see what my possibilities are. I can't use the 2 working hashboards with another controller? like S9 to mine BTC?
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:56:47 AM

Just got 6 D3 Boards back from bitmain.

4 were fine.

1 had a heatsink off. annoying but okay.

1 had an entire chip ripped off!!!!! what the hell are these bitmain staff doing with these boards.

Also the boards they sent back aren't the ones we sent to them.

Of course, they probably sent some older boards from their farm Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: