Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:12:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Options for dealing with Avalon?  (Read 1910 times)
kjj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:06:41 AM

Now that Avalon batch #2 (and #2.5) has "finished shipping" according to the newsletter, I feel that the time has come to really push on my missing orders.  I know that some batch #1 people are still missing units, and you guys have my sympathy.  You guys missed out on a fortune.  I merely missed out on cost recovery.

I placed two orders on February 3rd (batch #2), and paid through walletbit.  One was as a guest, and the other was using funds sent to my walletbit account.

Walletbit confirmed both orders (batch #16633 and #16813).  Walletbit support confirmed my contact (shipping) information.

I can confirm that those TXIDs, your name and email address match. This means everything has processed correctly and Avalon has received the correct information for your order. I have just sent confirmation emails for the newest transaction on each purchase. Please register with Avalon support for further instructions on your order. They are integrating purchases from their old shopping cart into their new one. When this happens, confirmation emails will be automatically sent from their new shopping cart as well.

If anyone is curious, the transactions are here:
https://blockchain.info/tx/099f523d5e9b21fca9d9f71b4f261a82ac0a56e3672d80680038071cfdf689cc
https://blockchain.info/address/1MMdh3JTRTDX3MvvYTaEmAnejjmtdEAqxc

The second one is an address instead of a transaction because I had to send multiple payments.  Walletbit considers the final payment to be the TXID.

My orders do not appear in the Avalon store.

I have two tickets open with Avalon.  Ticket # 806 from May 13th, and ticket # 1136 from June 22nd.  Both tickets mention that there are two orders, and each contains the transaction ID of one order.  Neither ticket has been updated.

I sent one PM on these forums, and BitSyncom has been online since then.  I have called the phone number listed at the bottom of the June 12th newsletter email several times, with no answer.

I have waited patiently while they were shipping, hopeful that I would hear something.

I've argued several times that incompetence and negligence don't constitute a scam, so I can't go to the scam thread to ask that the account get marked.
I could give them a negative trust rating (-4, counting the value), but no one will ever see it unless Theymos adds me to the DefaultTrust list (unlikely).
I could start posting this story in every thread about Avalon.  I've posted it in a few, when it seemed on topic, and in a few topics specifically about missing orders.  But I don't want to be a nuisance to everyone.  Hell, I don't even want to be a nuisance to BitSyncom, I just want this fixed.

What options do I really have now?

Note that I'm looking for options short of invoking the legal system.  I'd never collect a civil judgment, and all a criminal complaint (grand theft) would do is ban Yifu from attending conferences in the US.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:54:25 AM

Note that I'm looking for options short of invoking the legal system.  I'd never collect a civil judgment, and all a criminal complaint (grand theft) would do is ban Yifu from attending conferences in the US.

Have you tried calling him?  That aside, IIRC Bitsyncom LLC. is an American company and Yifu resides in New York.
dyseac

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:04:29 AM

Have you tried calling him?  That aside, IIRC Bitsyncom LLC. is an American company and Yifu resides in New York.

Really? - That's interesting...

I'm surprised no one has tried a class action or some sort of group legal action then (or organise the MOB...)
He's ripped a lot of people off... (Well, the company has anyway and I blame him)

Angry
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 03:31:51 PM

I tried calling yifu for days 2 times a hour. I probably got him on the nerves really... he didnt answer, half the time it stopped automatically after 28-30 seconds, the remaining time he stopped the call before. Later i opened a ticket and wrote why i cant let it slip and he answered that he has bigger problems to solve and my chip-problem isnt due yet. Fine... at least an answer. And if he really solves everything correctly before shipping ok. But last time the ticket was solve half only, i hope he still puts time in to solve such errors.
But i really dont understand yifu. He could hire a support person but he wants to do all himself. And that means he has not enough time to do all himself.
I will never ever order anything at avalon... at least not until he changed his mind about support.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
badalien

Activity: 540
Merit: 250

BestRate.org

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 03:45:12 PM

@SebastianJu +1
Begru

Activity: 349
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:50:20 PM

I tried calling yifu for days 2 times a hour. I probably got him on the nerves really... he didnt answer, half the time it stopped automatically after 28-30 seconds, the remaining time he stopped the call before. Later i opened a ticket and wrote why i cant let it slip and he answered that he has bigger problems to solve and my chip-problem isnt due yet. Fine... at least an answer. And if he really solves everything correctly before shipping ok. But last time the ticket was solve half only, i hope he still puts time in to solve such errors.
But i really dont understand yifu. He could hire a support person but he wants to do all himself. And that means he has not enough time to do all himself.
I will never ever order anything at avalon... at least not until he changed his mind about support.
+100
Chrstian

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:44:21 AM

wow i really feel sorry for you guys..... that sucks.
cmdbill

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:33:35 AM

Yeah there has to be some accountability. Between the demeaning posts on this forum and the terrible amount of customer service skills. It would be a shame if this all just blew over and nothing happened.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:34:00 AM

..so this is behavior to customer, which ordered something for hundreds of people in total amount around 450k dollars. well, this is possible only in bitcoin world. good luck and strong nerves with them.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:14:22 AM

this is f***ing scary  Shocked
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 10:50:17 AM

..so this is behavior to customer, which ordered something for hundreds of people in total amount around 450k dollars. well, this is possible only in bitcoin world. good luck and strong nerves with them.

I now relax and take his word that he will solve everything before the chips ship. I hope he will.

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:23:03 PM

The wheels are slowly turning... Refunds being tracked now on the site. Next I imagine b3 and back batch shipments going out possibly in parallel. And then finally refund consolidation...

Pure guesswork, but a sensible order.   Updates officially would always be appreciated if a little after the fact.
setesh2000

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:41:28 AM

I ordered a batch 2 avalon.  My btc cleared walletbit but I never got a confirmation from Avalon.  I submitting ticket 1103, 1308, 1309 all with my blockchain url and still haven't heard a thing from Avalon.  I am trying really hard to be patient and not to freak out but I paid my BTC and I really want my ASIC.  If you can help me Bitsyncom I would REALLY appreciate it!
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 11:44:15 AM

Another 10K batch arrived? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258231.0

kjj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:59:53 PM

Yes, I've tried calling him.  I've even left voicemail.  That voicemail was even polite and factual, which is surprising when you consider how pissed off I am.

Looks like Bitsyncom is a Nevada LLC.

https://nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/CorpDetails.aspx?lx8nvq=ozwghIfOnmFj64qH4nYDaA%253d%253d&nt7=0

With that in mind, I'm setting up appointments next week to discuss the matter with my attorney, and with the local prosecutor.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 06:32:55 PM

It all comes down to the overworked avalon team. Yifu even stated that limited support is given because the avalon team is so small and that this wont change. I really dont understand this. Whats so bad in getting some employees? Do they have a contract to share all incoming bitcoins? Even then the employee doesnt have to be part of this.
But whatever...

aspeer

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 06:51:34 PM

with as much money as that company has tied up in coins it is probably a safe bet that they screen everything and everyone thoroughly.  Its amazing something bad hasn't happened yet given everyone knows who he is. I'd not be interested in support staff as much as a body guard with the shipping snafu's that have occurred recently.

Note: I'm biased , I did not order because it seemed the lot size of batch 2 and 3 got way above what they seemed to be able to deliver effectively.

BTC accepted: 1C3Z4aA4v1bADYrSozjfSujzmtwxD4cvVH
Don't format your wallet into oblivion, back it up.  |  I use encrypted BackBlaze: http://backblaze.apspeer.com
10% off Campbx Fees: http://goo.gl/cIRwo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: