Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:57:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: beginner help  (Read 425 times)
cole.p (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:21:06 AM

So I'm playing with the idea of setting up a bc mining operation using 4x Antminer s9's and I'm just wondering what kind of setup and maintenance these machines require. Is it as simple as plug in and connect to the mining pool or do I have to do anything with the software to optimize mining?
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:29:53 PM

Just one simple question (instead of asking yours  Cheesy )

Have you taken into account the cost of electricity? Settng up mining operations was interesting but today in most coutries, it costs actually more to mine (in electricity charges) than you receive through the blockchain. So are you sure of your potential profit?

Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 02:38:54 PM

Just one simple question (instead of asking yours  Cheesy )

Have you taken into account the cost of electricity? Settng up mining operations was interesting but today in most coutries, it costs actually more to mine (in electricity charges) than you receive through the blockchain. So are you sure of your potential profit?

I've been meaning to look this up forever but it always slips my mind.

The best places to mine appear to be Trinidad and Kuwait.  I would say Venezuela but I heard in financial news that the government there is cracking down hard on miners now as they consider it abuse of their system.
cole.p (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:44:45 PM

i estimate machine running cost @ approx. €6 a day, how much can a s9 bring in per day?
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:49:17 PM

Just use google. Practice your google fu... type your question, and first answer will be topic and this forum and you can get the numbers. Or you can find S9 calculator, and put your numbers in it.
cole.p (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:00:47 PM

thanks..

found this

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=13&HashingUnit=TH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=1293&CostPerkWh=0.20

even at my relatively high electricity cost it can still yeild a nice profit Smiley
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 11:27:40 PM

Youtube and Facebook community including this forum has a lot of mining tutorials and resources. A friend of mine has a mining rig and everything is setup thru the help of online advice.

So I'm playing with the idea of setting up a bc mining operation using 4x Antminer s9's and I'm just wondering what kind of setup and maintenance these machines require. Is it as simple as plug in and connect to the mining pool or do I have to do anything with the software to optimize mining?

Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:55:13 AM

Research your hardware.
Make sure you plan properly for power supplies, outlets and PDU'S if needed.
Then research things like exhausting the heat. If you look for that information you should be able to avoid unpleasant surprises.
Also check the hardware thread for the s9 there will be all sorts of info about running them.

Same here im newbie for using a bitcointalk i hope your waste your time in answer the question to many thread in bitcointalk and then your activity will increase 14 within 2weeks i hope i help you and help us to learn more how to use and hot to get.  Smiley

This is useless my advice make sure you are contributing to the OP's topic or you will be labelled a shitposter

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:45:53 AM

Dont trust any cloud mining, everything is scam... Why would anyone mine for you when they can mine for yourself
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: