Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:03:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent Amount 0.004 and becomes 0.002??  (Read 182 times)
bct19341 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:51:19 AM

I have sent (still unconfirmed after 4hrs..!) 0.004btc and at https://blockchain.info/en/address/... (with the to address) it shows as 0.002 Huh
I understand some fees, but 50%?!

It was sent from btc address at coinsmarket to another btc address.

(A comparable transfer of 0.0048 has a fee of 0.0009867btc)

Is this right??
ditinhu

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:50:33 PM

So friend the problem is that you have to check the amount charged by the wallet or Exchange whats your Bitcoin. For example, poloniex charges a fee of 0.0001 to transfer while yobit already charges a fee of 0.0008. So each has its transfer rate, then you need to see this.
It often pays to leave your Bitcoin somewhere that covers less for transfers.
What was the site that was your bitcoin?

•  ◢    B L U Z E L L E  |  A decentralized database service for the world's dApps    ◣  •
•  ███████   ANN  Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram  Medium    Reddit   Github   ███████  •
•  ◥    Pre-register for Token Sale    ◤  •
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:01:37 PM

I have sent (still unconfirmed after 4hrs..!) 0.004btc and at https://blockchain.info/en/address/... (with the to address) it shows as 0.002 Huh

Is this right??

Always try to go with the default fees you found in the wallet. If you change the fees normally you will find the delay for sure. Please provide the TX id here. So that we will be able to accelerate your transaction with the viabtc accelerator or antpool accelerator tool.
You have to keep your wallet in electrum and I see that this wallet is little faster with the cheap fees for the transaction.
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:43:07 PM

I can not understand how you were not even able to check the fees before sending your money, and talking about numbers 0.004 might be a low amount, but maybe it is a lot of money for a lot of people.

But which wallet were you using? Far as i know 0.002 bitcoins are aproximately $35 at the current rate ($1700 and a few bucks) and the highest fee that i have ever had to send was less than $20 on coinbase.

If you are using a hardware wallet or just electrum or any other like those, just try to modify the fee and put a lower amount.

Hello
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:52:51 PM

What kind of Bitcoin wallet are you using? Is it online wallet? Better if you use Bitcoin wallets where you can modify transaction fee. You know, the fees these days could cost you a lot than the amount you want to send. It's very impractical to send small amounts because of it's transaction fee. To modify your transaction fee is a practical way to make it cheap. But it's harder to get confirmed or even might get stucked at the pool. That's on you if you want to wait for days. Use Electrum or Mycelium wallet. They have capability to manipulate the transaction fees.
terrific

Activity: 2142
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:55:49 PM

Are you checking on how much fee you are about to pay before sending? The thing is that you may not recognized that the other end goes to the miners fee. There's nothing you can do now if that transaction was already sent. And transactions today are asking for higher fees and even you'll pay that fee still there's no guarantee that it can be confirmed immediately.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

whis

Activity: 1204
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:25:49 PM

when withdrawing any coins from exchange , need to check whats their min withdrawal & fees .
as for coinsmarkets its stated for btc is 0.002 fee (high tho) .
u can check here (scroll down to the bottom) >> https://coinsmarkets.com/fees.php
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:46:22 AM

Is this right??

Can you provide the transasction id here? If you are sending from an exchange into your external wallet it has high fee like .001 or more. You have to check first your fees before start sending. .00098 fee is recommended fee nowadays but if you are using a wallet that can customize fee you can lower that fee

13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:54:46 AM

Presuming that you used blockchain's wallet to send the funds, I think you did not pay attention to the fees part and just set it to median or high priority transaction. Since there are over 130k unconfirmed transactions on the network, the optimal fees would be chosen by the wallet provider which amounted to 0.002 BTC
Be careful next time and make sure to set your custom fee instead of letting your wallet choose the fee.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:28:56 AM

Did you checked the fees? It was stated in https://coinsmarkets.com/fees.php,  fees in bitcoin withdrawals its 0.002 so from 0.004 it will become 0.002 upon deduction of the withdrawal fees which is kinda high its almost $30 you must exchange it to other coin which have small fees then convert it again in btc in other exchanges with low fees like polo.

ihaveaquestion

Activity: 563
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:39:10 AM

Oh no! Seriously? I was not aware of that? In fact, i was not even able to read the title! You genius.. Roll Eyes

Did you checked the fees? It was stated in https://coinsmarkets.com/fees.php,  fees in bitcoin withdrawals its 0.002 so from 0.004 it will become 0.002 upon deduction of the withdrawal fees

Everytime that you want to check the fees, click on here

https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/

They are actually aprox 82,000 satoshis / 0.00082 wich is less than $14 at the moment. I dont know why you got deducted more than $32 because it is insane
appiivenkii

Activity: 270
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:41:51 AM

Its better to check the charges when transferring BTC it differs from each exchange to exchange
Iceblast

Activity: 783
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:11:21 AM

Did you checked the fees? It was stated in https://coinsmarkets.com/fees.php,  fees in bitcoin withdrawals its 0.002 so from 0.004 it will become 0.002 upon deduction of the withdrawal fees which is kinda high its almost $30 you must exchange it to other coin which have small fees then convert it again in btc in other exchanges with low fees like polo.
it is very nice if you have to see the usual transaction and choose to exchange other coins to bitcoin in other markets so that the fee can be lower. fee fees that are sometimes very large can make our coins decrease.

Memenya

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:14:40 AM

What is really happen in bitcoin now? Why so high? I dont really want this kind of fee.
This kind of fee hope will get some solutions from developer to make it lower.
StephenieDuong

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

—RUSHMOON — Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:19:44 AM

Bitcoin transfer need huge fee now, that why people choosing Litecoin and push Litecoin price to moon.

░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░
          ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░     ░░
        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░      ░░░░
     ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░ ░░░     ░░░
    ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░   ░▓▓▓░  ░░▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░          ░▒░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░            ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░▓▓▓░░  ░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓░░▒▓░ ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ░░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
     ░░▓▓░░ ▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
   ░░▓░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
 ░░▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
    ░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
  ░░▓▓░░░▒▓▓░░  ░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
 ░▓▓░   ░░░
RushMoon
Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:07:11 AM

Until lightning network, Bitcoin isn't suitable for micro transactions anymore. You need dogecoin for that.

60659 📦
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: