Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:49:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting into ICOs.  (Read 435 times)
FinStar34900

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:13:33 AM

Investing into ICOs require a lot of consideration and is done at your own risk, it is always best to check for the genuinity of the individuals conducting the ICOs and the purpose behind their creation of coins/tokens.
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:18:39 AM

You have articulated some salient point that should guide would be investors into investing in any ICO. However, you have not mention a very important question to ask which is: Does the ICO you are investing in already has a Product or Service they want to develop or spend the proceed of ICO on?
RieL

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:25:36 AM

there reason why i go to the ICO is to read their whitepaper carefully their objective and also the dev team and lastly my feelings . whitepaper here is where you can see if the ICO is scam or not as well as thier objective and for the dev team if you already see one before and thier ICO is success you can go but if the ICO is failed why not join it at least you know that is not a scam ICO and lastly feeling if you feel this is a good ICO why not and vice versa
gargavaar

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:43:57 PM

there reason why i go to the ICO is to read their whitepaper carefully their objective and also the dev team and lastly my feelings . whitepaper here is where you can see if the ICO is scam or not as well as thier objective and for the dev team if you already see one before and thier ICO is success you can go but if the ICO is failed why not join it at least you know that is not a scam ICO and lastly feeling if you feel this is a good ICO why not and vice versa
Some of the ICO Whitepapers are filled to the brim with technical/mathematical details that is next to impossible to understand for us regular deadly people to grasp.
How would one deal with one of those cases? My gut feeling say that ICOs that try to dazzle you with pages of mathematical formula is trying to hide something from you but it might also be that the info is strictly necessary for people with the right know to determine if they are legit or not.
mangkanor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:56:00 PM

You should add this standard ICO question,are the developers active?how many stakes will be distributed what if the developers are holding 90% of the coins is it worth it to invest?is there any 50% discounts on token sales if yes that would be a bad investment.

momopi

Activity: 501
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:12:05 PM

I’ve been investing in the exchanges for a while now. And, I wabnt to get my feet wet in ICO investing. My plan is to start investing in 1 ICO every 2 weeks starting January of next year. So, with that said, I am gonna start small and only invest maybe $200 max per ICO (mostly from the interest gained with my other investments in Crypto; I am gonna try to avoid paying out of pocket as much as possible initially until I have more experience).

With that said, I am not quite sure where to start. Usually, I invest in coins trading in the cents on exchanges based on the folkowing criteria:
- purpose: Why does the coin exist?)
- White paper: What’s the plan and vision for this coin?)
- Team: Who are the guys behind it? What’s theircexpertise?
- Roadmap: Wgat’s the roadmap for this coin?
- Community: does the coin have a decent community?
- Do I understand it: Do I understand what I am investing in?

Pretty standard stuff, I know. But what do I have to look at when deciding whether to invest in an ICO (that I didn’t mention)?

Thanks for the info Smiley

You made all the spots bud Smiley And I actually got something from you, got some idea on how to check good ICO. I also consider if the ICO or the project it self will support huge community rather than small community that will eventually vanished
Donned

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Distributed Credit Chain

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:04:06 PM

Pretty much nailed it on the head.

I would also look into the numbers of the system such as hard cap, amount of tokens that will be released etc.

Currently I am investing into ICO's that have a working product, so I can see where they are going rather than just the words of the co-founder.
Yes, I also recognized, is indeed a very important factor, total amount is larger, is likely to mean that the next rise is not particularly big, so it is completely a factor to consider.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: