Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 12:27:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Switching Algos etc  (Read 143 times)
MrCranky (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:05:34 AM

Hi All,

Fairly new to mining, I currently have 1 x Vega 64 mining Monero, quite happy with it's performance.

My other card is a GTX 1080 Ti, I'm not getting very good returns from it at all. I used to use this card explicitly on Nicehash until 'the incident' so I have been looking for a good pool. I have settled on ZPool as I like the auto exchange, I'm aware MPH does this also.

I run NemosMiner 2.2.2. and have been playing with the Interval of which it samples the most profitable Algo, bearing in mind I have all of them enabled. I have made 0.00087275 since Thursday last week. I know ZPool had a few hiccups last week with the influx of traffic.

With NiceHash (I know not mining directly, just selling hashing power) I would make approx 0.001 every 2-3 days. I haven't made that in nearly 5. I'm just wondering if it's something I am doing wrong?

Currently I am using 10 minute intervals to check for the most profitable coin, I wasn't happy with the 2 minute one as by the time it had launched the new miner it would be nearly time to switch again, especially if it didn't connect 1st time. 10 minutes gives it a bit longer to submit some more shares. This seems to have worked 'OK' for the last day, but it's still no where near what I was expecting. Again, not sure if it's something I am doing wrong, or expecting too much?

ANY help, suggestions, feedback will be most welcomed.
halker2010

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The harder your life is the more meaning it has.

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:22:32 PM

Hi All,

Fairly new to mining, I currently have 1 x Vega 64 mining Monero, quite happy with it's performance.

My other card is a GTX 1080 Ti, I'm not getting very good returns from it at all. I used to use this card explicitly on Nicehash until 'the incident' so I have been looking for a good pool. I have settled on ZPool as I like the auto exchange, I'm aware MPH does this also.

I run NemosMiner 2.2.2. and have been playing with the Interval of which it samples the most profitable Algo, bearing in mind I have all of them enabled. I have made 0.00087275 since Thursday last week. I know ZPool had a few hiccups last week with the influx of traffic.

With NiceHash (I know not mining directly, just selling hashing power) I would make approx 0.001 every 2-3 days. I haven't made that in nearly 5. I'm just wondering if it's something I am doing wrong?

Currently I am using 10 minute intervals to check for the most profitable coin, I wasn't happy with the 2 minute one as by the time it had launched the new miner it would be nearly time to switch again, especially if it didn't connect 1st time. 10 minutes gives it a bit longer to submit some more shares. This seems to have worked 'OK' for the last day, but it's still no where near what I was expecting. Again, not sure if it's something I am doing wrong, or expecting too much?

start mining bwk ,poly and zcoin with your 1080 ti it gives around 8-14 usd per day and start mining ETN with your vega always check whattomine its estimate but its way better than nicehash or going blind.
MrCranky (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:31:11 PM

Hi All,

start mining bwk ,poly and zcoin with your 1080 ti it gives around 8-14 usd per day and start mining ETN with your vega always check whattomine its estimate but its way better than nicehash or going blind.

Thank you!

I have noticed NemosMiner has been sat on Nist5 (BWK) I may have to pin it down to a select couple algo's. Would you suggest any pool in specific? My card sat doing BWK overnight on zpool and has barely made a thing despite a good hash rate.

I guess what I am trying to work out is if it's worth letting it auto switch, or deciding myself what to mine going off things like whattomine.

From my understanding the Switching isn't always that great as it's worked out on what got the most profit as the exchange at last trade, that may not be the case next time and your machine has already starting mining that algo. I was doing OK with MonaCoin. I think it will be a case of picking one and sticking with it, jut trying to get some feedback on what others do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: