Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:56:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin forces Ethereum out of bed.  (Read 524 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:14:32 PM

Litecoin has been very impressive recently. It rose from $100 few days ago to currently trading at about $300.  Seems like Ethereum got freak out and moved up a bit. It probably knew that sitting on the old price will  attract suspicion and get investors mad. . I kind of think Ethereum should be trading $700—$3000 by now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OFID

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:21:03 PM

Ether should be much valuable.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:44:17 PM

Litecoin has been very impressive recently. It rose from $100 few days ago to currently trading at about $300.  Seems like Ethereum got freak out and moved up a bit. It probably knew that sitting on the old price will  attract suspicion and get investors mad. . I kind of think Ethereum should be trading $700—$3000 by now.

Well its true that litecoin are pump up so high this day my opinion its happen because the etherium network are overload, the bitcoin transaction are so slow so the investor make a decision and move to litecoin because litecoin transaction are fast with a great platform.
Etherium will take a step to push the price unto 600-700$.

spring07

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

0x5A165891De2a2c8B82c7De19486277e0d5b644DF

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:51:10 PM

No doubt Litecoin is in the race for good. Good things are happening. I am impressed.
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 03:04:40 PM

Not just Ethereum but Litecoin forces almost the entire altcoin out of bed today..I think the altcoin market will get excited again and will recover their prices in pair BTC
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:21:08 PM

Litecoin has been very impressive recently. It rose from $100 few days ago to currently trading at about $300.  Seems like Ethereum got freak out and moved up a bit. It probably knew that sitting on the old price will  attract suspicion and get investors mad. . I kind of think Ethereum should be trading $700—$3000 by now.

Well its true that litecoin are pump up so high this day my opinion its happen because the etherium network are overload, the bitcoin transaction are so slow so the investor make a decision and move to litecoin because litecoin transaction are fast with a great platform.
Etherium will take a step to push the price unto 600-700$.
I agree into this point but we cant be sure what is the actual reason on such price jump of LTC as of now and for those who bag hold LTC do make some serious cash but wont really come to a point that it would really surpass ETH on any way even though it do suffer congestion now but yet ETH still managed to increase its price still.I agree on the fact regarding fast confirmation and less fees with LTC.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:29:41 PM

Litecoin has been very impressive recently. It rose from $100 few days ago to currently trading at about $300.  Seems like Ethereum got freak out and moved up a bit. It probably knew that sitting on the old price will  attract suspicion and get investors mad. . I kind of think Ethereum should be trading $700—$3000 by now.

Don't under estimate the value of ethereum, maybe the price of ethereum is cheaper now but in the future it will be hood competitor for bitcoin.The ethereum price chocked due to its slow transactions in recent days but it will be resolved soon and the price will start to increase.I hope 2018 will be the year for ethereum so buy ethereum when it is available for cheap price.
KinChungE

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:35:50 PM

At the mean time, I think Ethereum won't have any appealing results
However, when PoS is introduced, I bet Ethereum would greatly appreciate as there is no way to mine anymore
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:40:58 PM

Litecoin rise is impressive so far. There are millions of LTC holders and when they saw such a swinging rally, most of them joined the possession and as a result LTC rose over 300% in last 4-5 days.
But is it competent enough to displace ETH from position of second best cryptocurrency? Doesn't seem reasonable.
When we see Ethereum, it is a leading platform for ICO conduction as well as ETH is now basic currency to sell tokens. But what is Litecoin? Simply Bitcoin 2.0 using Scrypt instead of SHA-256, nothing else!
I still feel ETH has much more utility and bright future than LTC.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:02:30 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 09:20:04 PM by SixOfFive

Competition for Rank 4 is getting ruthless now. Litecoin is at rank 4 today with market cap of around 17billion dollar but Ripple also trying to take back its position as no. 4 and try to gain more market cap.
Lets see who will be the winner among them and will be placed at NO.4 possiion.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:19:53 PM

I agree that litecoin is very impressive this month, after a long time finally there are some light for litecoin, and litecoin deserve it, litecoin is a potential coin that got a very good speed of transaction, and eth price is also keep on rising, and I don't think the price rising is related to LTC, it's just a lot of people now investing in crypto so it elevate the price, but eth will still better than LTC, eth got a lot of project to support it

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Raskolhnikov1

Activity: 560
Merit: 65

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 01:55:26 AM

I agree that litecoin is very impressive this month, after a long time finally there are some light for litecoin, and litecoin deserve it, litecoin is a potential coin that got a very good speed of transaction, and eth price is also keep on rising, and I don't think the price rising is related to LTC, it's just a lot of people now investing in crypto so it elevate the price, but eth will still better than LTC, eth got a lot of project to support it

I definitely agree, the rise of Litecoin is a consequence of the strong inflow of investments in cryptocurrencies in recent days. The top 50 crypto-coins have been valued in the last 7 days. But as it has been said, ETH has much more potential, it is the basis of most ICOs and new tokens, so there is still a lot of room for growth. There is a topic here in the forum that asks if Eth will reach 1000 before the end of the year.... well, now I think so.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:03:52 AM

Agreed that Litecoin has had an insane rally withing the last 36 hours or so. I knew that Litecoin would grow, but to be honest I didnt expect it this fast and this much. As Im pessimistic when such sharp rises happen, I sense that there is a correction around the corner. Many people that held LTC for several months willl want to take profits now.
As for Ethereum, I also think that it should trade higher by now, not at $3000, but definitely four figures. But we should not forget that ETH already gained a lot of value troughout this year. I can see Ethereum reachin the $1000 mark by the end of january. Time will tell!
Rinsend

Activity: 784
Merit: 262

AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:13:53 AM

why come the thought of trading ETH at a price of $ 700- $ 3000 for now,?
although I'm sure ETH will reach that price
but for the near future I'm sure this will not happen.
because at the same time LTC goes up with 250% profit
and ETH often does not move up with other altcoins.

▰ AZBI ▰     White Paper
              LinkedIn Twitter Telegram
Denamen

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:52:29 AM

damn. I sell over 300 litecoin at 50$ to buy ethereum... nah nah. I wish I dont do that. hope time can back so I can change my life better

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:23:47 AM

Agree with your post, but not all. ETH still the best option to make money than LTC, the price moving ( number ) is relative. LTC need more news with positive impact to raise more higher, but ETH always have significant price moving and volume. We can analyze with many ways but real market has their own decision. Even LTC has good price moving ( now ), I still choose ETH as my option to make profit. LTC price moving ( now ) only temporary but ETH not like that, this coin never got freak. Your ETH price number ( $700 - $3.000 ) is good, maybe some day you can share how your analyze is? Thank you.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
MattLeBlanc

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:23:55 AM

There can't be a race between ethereum and litecoin. Ethereum still holds much power and strength to move forward,  I have never invested in litecoin but does it really have real life use in the future.? Enlighten me please.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:05:08 AM

Just happy though that I bought LTC when the price is below $100.  Grin. And its amazing to see that before the end of the year, it makes this run, I mean massive bull run that we didn't even see in bitcoin if I'm correct.

As far as ETH, I'm not sure though that its currently undervalued. But if we are going to based it this year, it has already enjoyed its peak in June, so that what 6 months ago, if it just continue the trend, we may very well seeing it trading at above $1K by now. But its still holding as of now and also hitting all-time-high.

But then again, they are not even comparable as they are a lot of difference between them technology wise.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
MarconyGL

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:10:51 AM

Now the ether is twice as fast as lightcoin and I think this trend will continue as long as there is a great demand for bitcoin. Yes alts are promising, but so far they are not so popular. But to buy them is much more real than bitcoin.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:19:48 AM

Just like what it does and now the game of ethereum begins, the price of the ethereum starts to increase sharply and we will wait for it to reach $ 700 in the next few days.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: