Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:00:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got off the phone with Bitmain re next batch of S9  (Read 4925 times)
Runes911

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:19:25 PM

Yup can confirm I met Nimo in SF. His deal looks solid and contacts in china are real.

Mike

@Mikeswildcreations.com

People like this make me think this is nothing but a scam.

Guy registers then 6 minutes later he finds this thread and is confirming the OP's identity.

There is also a disproportionate number of newbies and 1 post accounts jumping on board and ordering stupid number of miners probably in a bid to keep bumping this thread to the top and rope in a few muppets to hand over their cash.

This just looks suspicious to me:

https://i.imgur.com/ZFmoOH7.png

Not vouching for nemo, because I am taking a chance on this group buy too, but I just registered recently because I recently got into mining. I may be new to this board, but have plenty of feedback elsewhere. (ebay, heatware, etc.)   As for why I would order here instead of Bitmain: I tried to order from them, but they sell out almost instantly and one order that I was ready to pay for expired before my BCH was transferred.
Cryptohasher76

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:20:28 PM

Yup can confirm I met Nimo in SF. His deal looks solid and contacts in china are real.

Mike

@Mikeswildcreations.com

People like this make me think this is nothing but a scam.

Guy registers then 6 minutes later he finds this thread and is confirming the OP's identity.

There is also a disproportionate number of newbies and 1 post accounts jumping on board and ordering stupid number of miners probably in a bid to keep bumping this thread to the top and rope in a few muppets to hand over their cash.

This just looks suspicious to me:

https://i.imgur.com/ZFmoOH7.png

I had the same thoughts when I saw his post lastnight before hitting the hay.
  Now as for me, im only a newb because of my low post count, i have been a  long time lurker.  Only signed up recently due to the disgusting spike in miners and not wanting to get raped with f*cking ebay prices.   Truth be told be told, If i am able to order my 5-6 directly through bitmain before this groupbuy happens, im jumping on on that.
ttlighk

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:40:15 PM

A lot of people (me included) are looking for another way to get our hands on the S9 because... well, I don't know if you saw what happened a few days ago, it's pretty much impossible to get one off Bitmain as it sells out within seconds. I get the paranoia, but I think people are more desperate and just refuse to buy them for 2x+ the market price from scalpers.

I'm just an average Joe that wants to try my hand at mining.
coma24

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:03:08 PM

Same here. I have lurked in the forum for a few months (usually the result of coinwarz pointing to a thread about an alt coin announcement). Have never felt the need to register/post until this thread.

Between the ebay prices and scammers on CraigsList, I've been trying to buy an AntMiner for a month without luck. I suspect other people are in a similar boat.
nemopowertools (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:19:12 PM

I get the paranoia too and trying to do what I can to let you know who I am, where I live, where my business is and so on.
If you have other ideas as to what will make people feel more comfortable, let me know.
So far I'm meeting people in my apartment/office in SF, giving you my name, address of my factory in China and you can find lots of information about me including videos and probably articles when searching for my name.

You can also find all my personal information which is registered publicly as a director of Nemo power tools (you can search the HK registery for free).
Short of providing my birth certificate, I'm not sure what else I can do to to convince you I am who I say I am.

In any case, all of this doesn't guarantee anything, but it does mean you can sue my company or me personally in case you pay for the group order and don't get the units or your money back.

We conduct business with hundreds of companies and individuals in Nemopowertools and have dealers in over 30 countries. If you feel unsafe, do some research, look over the dealer list on our site, contact our customers, read reviews, come meet me in SF or call me on Skype.

It's getting a bit frustrating to have to address this issue over and over again. I'm far from anonymous at this point.

Again:
My name: Nimo (Nimrod) Rotem
Director of Nemo Power Tools limited (HK) and nebula innovations llc (USA).
Phone: (415) 347-5970
Address of my office/apartment in SF: 514 Guerrero St
Address of our factory in China: Address:深圳龙华新区三联村墩背工业区2号星宝MotiB 2楼 尼摩电动工具有限公司
              No.2 DunBei Industrial District SanLian, LongHua new district,               Shenzhen,Guangdong,China,Zip code: 518109

Video of me on stage presenting a product of nemopowertools:
https://vimeo.com/82866646

Hope this helps.

coma24

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:34:20 PM

I think that was directed at someone else, but just in case...I didn't mean to make you think I was suspicious of you, Nemo. By "same here," I meant that I registered recently, have a low post count, and have been included on the suspicious buyer list. I appreciate the work you're doing to make this happen, I'm not sure what else you could be doing differently either.

Just watched your underwater drill video. I dunno, man, looks fake. Anyone could have CGI'd that in, like, 30 secs, #amirightfellas?
coma24

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:51:24 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 07:45:20 PM by coma24

Nemo, I tell ya what, once this deal does or doesn't go through, your 'trust' rating is either going to be untouchable or unsalvageable!
haatje

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:03:30 PM

I'm a newbie so not sure if this helps but I met Nimo in person at his San Fran office yesterday. He went through all the order info he had and answered all my questions. I'm hopeful everything works out with Bitmain fulfilling the order.
Tekno2020

Activity: 262
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:37:09 PM

I get the paranoia too and trying to do what I can to let you know who I am, where I live, where my business is and so on.
If you have other ideas as to what will make people feel more comfortable, let me know.
So far I'm meeting people in my apartment/office in SF, giving you my name, address of my factory in China and you can find lots of information about me including videos and probably articles when searching for my name.

You can also find all my personal information which is registered publicly as a director of Nemo power tools (you can search the HK registery for free).
Short of providing my birth certificate, I'm not sure what else I can do to to convince you I am who I say I am.

In any case, all of this doesn't guarantee anything, but it does mean you can sue my company or me personally in case you pay for the group order and don't get the units or your money back.

We conduct business with hundreds of companies and individuals in Nemopowertools and have dealers in over 30 countries. If you feel unsafe, do some research, look over the dealer list on our site, contact our customers, read reviews, come meet me in SF or call me on Skype.

It's getting a bit frustrating to have to address this issue over and over again. I'm far from anonymous at this point.

Again:
              No.2 DunBei Industrial District SanLian, LongHua new district,               Shenzhen,Guangdong,China,Zip code: 518109

Hope this helps.

Nice underwater video Nimo.  Pretty cool.  That is the first thing I noticed around here is that folks are very skeptical (for good reason i suppose).  Will be good to see if you can pull this off. Good luck.

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
Runes911

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:00:26 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 04:14:22 PM by Runes911

Again:

Hope this helps.

At this point Nimo, you're right. There is nothing further you can do to have them convinced.

Here is what I found:

Since a lot of people on this board like to harp on this fact: Your domain is 4 years old. It has privacy on, so I can't match any contact info there. (not a big deal)
From your website, your office address matches the office address you gave here.
The phone number you gave matches another domain that is 10 years old: gizmomaker.com, of which there is a facebook page with you on it: https://www.facebook.com/GizmoSanFrancisco/ This facebook page matches your address. I can't access the other webpage here at work, so I don't know what is on it.

At this point, I think anyone should just let it be. If you don't trust Nimo, you don't trust him, so just stop pointing scam this and scam that. Its honestly getting old at this point.

As for who am I? Search for my username and you will find it at:
Anadtech = https://forums.anandtech.com/members/runes911.36135/
Reddit = https://www.reddit.com/u/runes911
Heatware = http://www.heatware.com/u/2554
Which is linked to my ebay: https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=runes911
Webhostingtalk = http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=86269

Again, as I said before, I am only new to this forum.
Beaucoupnice

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:17:36 PM

Its very hard to find trust in Crypto. I for one was caught out with Asiacoin and MintPal back in 2014 and it dissuaded me from trusting the scene completely. Bitcointalk was a very valuable source of help back then and happily this hasn't changed in 3 years. I value the skeptics and the naysayers as their position comes from good and bad experience.

One thing I can say for sure, is that to make profit, you will have take some risk. Mitigating that risk as much is possible is all that can be done. And all I see in this thread is people trying to placate their conscious.

I value the risk that Nemo is taking to bring this mining team together to maximise their investment. Some of us really do deserve a chance.
A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:33:19 PM

Maybe I missed it, but is there a cutoff date for to sign up for this? I already signed up. Im just curious because Bitmain is only going to be able to handle so many units for this order plus units they normally sell to other customers. Should this be capped? If were already over 1000 units and Bitmain is still trying to approve 700 units. Is it first come first serve for filling the orders?
stringinator

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:19:47 PM

Yes, especially since I'm not on the list and I signed up for 5!
Tekno2020

Activity: 262
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:06:36 AM

I had to reduce the amount that I can commit to since the Escrow details have not been settled yet.  Once Escrow details have been settled, then I may be able to bump my # back up.  I suspect you will have many buyers fall off if the Escrow details are not complete.

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
nemopowertools (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:23:22 AM

Maybe I missed it, but is there a cutoff date for to sign up for this? I already signed up. Im just curious because Bitmain is only going to be able to handle so many units for this order plus units they normally sell to other customers. Should this be capped? If were already over 1000 units and Bitmain is still trying to approve 700 units. Is it first come first serve for filling the orders?

List currently is at 1062 and we're still waiting for the approval of 500 or 700 units.
But yeah, a lot of people will probably drop when we get the final confirmation (hopefully next week) send the contract and ask to make the payments within a short period of time.

So list is still open but that doesn't guarantee that we'll have enough miners to cover everyone.

Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:23:39 AM

I had to reduce the amount that I can commit to since the Escrow details have not been settled yet.  Once Escrow details have been settled, then I may be able to bump my # back up.  I suspect you will have many buyers fall off if the Escrow details are not complete.

The questions regarding Nemo's legitimacy wont be important if such as escrow was in place.

Nemo you said you tried escrow companies and they wouldn't accept the proposition why can't you use a Bitcointalk respected escrow provider and just pay the 1% fee (charge the group members) on top of your $50 handling charge? They would be able to use the funds to pay Bitmain directly and you as well and everybody is happy.

Also it wouldnt hurt it you make a video in your factory or your office talking about this group buy so people can confirm you are the business owner as seen in your other video's?
A.Delaney

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:53:13 AM

Yes, especially since I'm not on the list and I signed up for 5!

I see you on the list for 4.
A.Delaney

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:14:56 AM

List currently is at 1062 and we're still waiting for the approval of 500 or 700 units.
But yeah, a lot of people will probably drop when we get the final confirmation (hopefully next week) send the contract and ask to make the payments within a short period of time.

So list is still open but that doesn't guarantee that we'll have enough miners to cover everyone.

Ok this is a big undertaking. I hope it goes smoothly for all involved.
Amstellodamois

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:12:44 AM

I had to reduce the amount that I can commit to since the Escrow details have not been settled yet.  Once Escrow details have been settled, then I may be able to bump my # back up.  I suspect you will have many buyers fall off if the Escrow details are not complete.

The questions regarding Nemo's legitimacy wont be important if such as escrow was in place.

Nemo you said you tried escrow companies and they wouldn't accept the proposition why can't you use a Bitcointalk respected escrow provider and just pay the 1% fee (charge the group members) on top of your $50 handling charge? They would be able to use the funds to pay Bitmain directly and you as well and everybody is happy.

Also it wouldnt hurt it you make a video in your factory or your office talking about this group buy so people can confirm you are the business owner as seen in your other video's?
Escrow company will secure payment, not the shipping.
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:29:21 AM

As for who am I? Search for my username and you will find it at:
Anadtech = https://www.reddit.com/user/runes911
Reddit = https://www.reddit.com/u/runes911
Heatware = http://www.heatware.com/u/2554
Which is linked to my ebay: https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=runes911
Webhostingtalk = http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=86269

Again, as I said before, I am only new to this forum.

Can you fix Anandtech link?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: