Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:01:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got off the phone with Bitmain re next batch of S9  (Read 4925 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:08:43 AM

A newbie account contacted me about getting 1,000 miners plus from someone BESIDES Bitmain...which I thought MAYBE proved

they were NOT precisely a scam, or at least approaching me from a different direction.....for phishing..

unclear on the flavor of ASIC they were pursuing....sha-256/scrypt-pow or x11 (which I told them to stay away from IMHO)

Anyway, essentially, I know of NONE in the way of ASIC miners, that I could get 1,000 units from with any hope ...Baikal is too high priced

and would blow up on the attempt of 1,000 orders....pandaminer same, pinidea nope....prices would kill even if they could do the volume IMHO

Unless I'm mistaken, assuming legitness of them from brief pm ..they are SOL..there is NO one anymore with the capacity I know of

to get them 1,000 units of anything (which again I think is likely fishing me...but what the heck) ..even if it is by around April 2018.

anyway, what struck me was the number 1,000 and how completely Bitmain owns ASIC mining now .......if they are legit again they are SOL

and I kinda (nicely) informed them of such Sad Anyway, an interesting thought on HOW such a thing could even be done, w/o Bitmain units now...

my conclusion was NOPE! Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
bitsnbites

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:12:04 AM

Hi my name is Ken,

located  in Toronto,

Sounds like something I could be interested in.

Please email

kenmitchell2015@outlook.com
Amstellodamois

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:33:21 AM

While I want to believe Nimo's offer is legit and I try not to imagine the worse whenever I see an opportunity, I've been wondering about what sort of guarantee we could set up. While the escrow is one side of the story (i.e. make sure the supplier gets his million), how can we make sure the goods would actually be shipped to us in the end?

Nimo, would you find it acceptable if the miners were delivered directly to a parcel forwarding company in China or HK? Or possibly DHL/Fedex/Whatever, I assume they'd be happy to do some custom service to make four hundred times 50 bucks.

People, what do you think of this?
dragospd

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:53:40 AM

For me it's important to have the transport covered as much as possible.

First search result on Google:

https://www.tiptrans.com/package-forwarding
iohen

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:32:51 AM

For me it's important to have the transport covered as much as possible.

First search result on Google:

https://www.tiptrans.com/package-forwarding

This is actually very useful.

First shipping comparison made out DHL as the cheapest solution by far (compared to FedEx and UPS). I think Nimo mentioned UPS in his posts.

@Nimo
I know it's still a bit early, but would your ground personnel in HK (or wherever you will be shipping from in the end) mind to get estimates from the major logistics companies? Including shipping, tracking and insurance.

As each S9 unit weights 5,5 Kg and the PSU is 3 Kg, we can round it up to 9 Kg incl. packaging. So with all the above mentioned companies, it will be handled as a heavy parcel.

An estimate per each 10 Kg would be useful, so everyone can calculate their expences upfront.
InvisibleKnight

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:59:16 AM

A newbie account contacted me about getting 1,000 miners plus from someone BESIDES Bitmain...which I thought MAYBE proved

they were NOT precisely a scam, or at least approaching me from a different direction.....for phishing..

unclear on the flavor of ASIC they were pursuing....sha-256/scrypt-pow or x11 (which I told them to stay away from IMHO)

Anyway, essentially, I know of NONE in the way of ASIC miners, that I could get 1,000 units from with any hope ...Baikal is too high priced

and would blow up on the attempt of 1,000 orders....pandaminer same, pinidea nope....prices would kill even if they could do the volume IMHO

Unless I'm mistaken, assuming legitness of them from brief pm ..they are SOL..there is NO one anymore with the capacity I know of

to get them 1,000 units of anything (which again I think is likely fishing me...but what the heck) ..even if it is by around April 2018.

anyway, what struck me was the number 1,000 and how completely Bitmain owns ASIC mining now .......if they are legit again they are SOL

and I kinda (nicely) informed them of such Sad Anyway, an interesting thought on HOW such a thing could even be done, w/o Bitmain units now...

I'm not sure if you are serious but there are few more options that you did not mention: Canaan, Ebang and Bitfury.

Bitfury in particular is ideal  for large investors because they gather an industrial mining audience. Their minimum order is 2mil USD and their machines are top quality.
CryptoHodler30

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:18:58 PM

I don't understand what you are saying at all.
stringinator

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:28:50 PM

I am signing up for 4 units, perhaps 5 including the APW3++.  Thanks for doing this, as I just tried to buy those units direct and the batch sold out in less than 5 minutes.
miamiarch1

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:10:43 PM

Put me down for 2 in the southeast US.  Props for doing this!
mullen490

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:45:06 PM

Hello,

I'm interested, at least a few.
Cryptohasher76

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:45:29 PM

So

How many units for east coast?

If I get a direct shipment from  Hong Kong it will be say 20  or more pieces that is way over 2500usd.

Which means 3% Import

And if  I re-ship each piece would be 30-40 with proper insurance.

So 2445 a unit add 75 for import tax  is 2520 and 30 - 40 re ship makes it too costly.

I think I will pass
   Just for some clarification, you are not longer doing the eastcoast reshipping?
ttlighk

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:58:41 PM

Signed up for 1 but messaged you to change it to 2. I'm crossing my fingers that this group buy pulls through.
Amstellodamois

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:00:57 PM

Let's have bitmain send 400 units (+100 to Nimo's place directly) to one DHL warehouse and arrange individual shipments. At $50 per unit, the cost is reasonable and the risk pretty small :-)
iohen

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:50:22 PM

@Nimo

It would be most practical to ask Bitmain, if the warranty is transferable. If you issue invoices through your LLC in the US to each and every member that signed up for this group buy, how will we get any warranty from Bitmain, if you are their customer? How will I prove to Bitmain, that I bought the units from you and that they should help me out if there are any issues with the Antminers?

As for the actuall warranty, remember, that they state 180 days (I believe) from the day the package has been transfered to the (*first) shipping company. So the point being, the actuall warranty period will have like 150 days.

Thanks
carnut

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 08:58:15 PM

I just signed up for 4 with shipping to NC, USA.

Escrow payment via BTC or BCH, I assume?

Thank you for this!
micro-mining

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:49:14 PM

I just signed up for 4 with shipping to NC, USA.

Escrow payment via BTC or BCH, I assume?

Thank you for this!

Would be great, but highly unlikely. Most likely USD, but still depending on the escrow company according to an email from Nimo. 
nemopowertools (OP)

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:31:13 PM

@Nimo

It would be most practical to ask Bitmain, if the warranty is transferable. If you issue invoices through your LLC in the US to each and every member that signed up for this group buy, how will we get any warranty from Bitmain, if you are their customer? How will I prove to Bitmain, that I bought the units from you and that they should help me out if there are any issues with the Antminers?

As for the actuall warranty, remember, that they state 180 days (I believe) from the day the package has been transfered to the (*first) shipping company. So the point being, the actuall warranty period will have like 150 days.

Thanks

Warranty is given directly by bitmain. Not a problem. Each box has the warranty card in it.

The list is currently at 875 units, but I'm assuming many will fall through. I asked my contact in bitmain to bump up the order to 800. You should know though that if everybody who signed up on the google form actually orders, we wont be able to accommodate everyone. We'll simply go with whoever made a larger commitment and signed up early enough.

Currently calling / meeting with multiple escrow services. Unfortunately most Escrow services only do real estate. If anybody wants to send me a lead to an escrow that deals with international trade, your help will be highly appreciated.

crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:32:59 PM

Is situation with shipping has been clarified? I would like to have my units shipped from China to Europe. I don't want it to travel around the world for weeks, costing shipping fees.
carnut

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 11:36:46 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 11:52:46 PM by carnut

If anybody wants to send me a lead to an escrow that deals with international trade, your help will be highly appreciated.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0

It may be too large of an amount, but there are several highly trusted members on this forum who provide escrow. Typically on a miner or two between forum buyer and seller - so 800 may exceed their comfort range..... but may be worth an ask.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:39:35 PM

I don't understand this thread. Bitmain doesn't have distributors because it doesn't want them. Yet what you are doing is mounting a distributor (of sorts). Hard to do business with a supplier that doesn't want you to exist.

Moreover, batches of S9s come online frequently, I bought one a few days ago. What's the point of all this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: