Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:18:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Bitcoin or HODL Altcoins?  (Read 151 times)
CryptoStats (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

:)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 02:13:11 PM

I've all my money in Altcoins, today I've great profits.

You recommend sell all altcoins and buy Bitcoin waiting a new rise?

Regards.

gorodi

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:06:06 AM

Regards.

I don’t think that Bitcoin will rise high again in a near future. It is better for me to hold some fair altcoins. For now this is the simplest way how to save money and even earn something.
WhichIsGood

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Young, Dumb & Broke

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:28:40 AM

If I were you, I'd sell 50% of the altcoins and buy bitcoin then hold it because I believe that current price of bitcoin can still potentially rise. The remaining 50% altcoins will be for trading.

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:00:41 AM

it is hard to tell you to buy or not buy bitcoin right now because bitcoin currently is in a state where it is hard to predict. it may have some dips which you can use them to buy bitcoin. but it may also shoot up towards $20,000 without any more dips. and unless something happens (either dip or rise) to break out of these lines, i can not speculate anything about short term of it.

but one thing is certain, hodling altcoins is not a good idea.

There is a FOMO brewing...
worldofcoins

Activity: 1862
Merit: 427

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 06:07:04 AM

Well that can depend on the alt coin you want to hold.  I think there some nice alt coins to invest in right now.  Bitcoins I would say keep 50 percent
in your bitcoinwallet.  Bitcoin is calm waters now, but as expected, same trend happens before the next bullrun.  You must do your own research, I lost money listening to people and I mean investing.  when ETH was 2 dollars I asked them and they told me it was shit.  So see you must do your own research.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:13:14 AM

Regards.

Congrats! With all the alts rise, it's kinda hard not to make a profit from it Tongue I'd recommend you to sell those alts that are currently on profit and spend them on other alts that are not on the rise OR save it into Bitcoin directly. Remember, the rise won't last forever. Realized profit > Unrealized profit. Also, don't forget to cash in some of those profits and buy something for yourself. Those profits mean nothing if you never enjoy it Smiley
MarconyGL

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:16:33 AM

Regards.
That's the auction on the altcoins. What they do not like you, now everything is fine with them and the price and demand and the future for them. So do not chase after what may not go, but work with what has already been checked.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
OrangeII

Activity: 2086
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:20:39 AM

I think both have the same potential. but, the great advantage depends on what decision you take. it could be bitcoin rising at a high price, but when the bitcoin price drops, the altcoin price will surely go to the moon, but I think it only happens to certain altcoins.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

bk-one

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:22:53 AM

it is hard to tell you to buy or not buy bitcoin right now because bitcoin currently is in a state where it is hard to predict. it may have some dips which you can use them to buy bitcoin. but it may also shoot up towards $20,000 without any more dips. and unless something happens (either dip or rise) to break out of these lines, i can not speculate anything about short term of it.

but one thing is certain, hodling altcoins is not a good idea.

agree completely, we're at a crossroad right now. But I would expect a lot of fresh money into bitcoin over the holidays - like on Thanksgiving. So it's more likely for BTC to rise at least a little more.
spyderbilt

Activity: 320

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:25:30 AM

Regards.
I recommend you sell 50% altcoin and buy bitcoin, because bitcoin will show great results in the future. you must combine to have some altcoin and bitcoin due to your profit balance.
upekhaanthony

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:25:48 AM

If I were you, I'd sell 50% of the altcoins and buy bitcoin then hold it because I believe that current price of bitcoin can still potentially rise. The remaining 50% altcoins will be for trading.

I think this is correct and most secure decision than other.If lost one thing ,you have other thing.

songwdzw

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:27:58 AM

For my opinion, you can sell some of your altcoins and buy some bitcoins. But you have to judge first for which altcoin may not have big potential, then you can transfer them into bitcoin.
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:39:22 AM

That's good for you as in everybody in this community is a crypto believer whether they have invested in BTC or altcoins.
Altcoins were bleeding heavily over the past few years and many predicted it to be dead by the next year. I considered them as a backup. Although I don't hold much it is nice to see the potential coins rise up so much. Although there is a concern that these coins might dump since they are rising at such rapid rate. Coins which increase rapidly definitely dumps for a stronger stability in their price. Let's see when the altcoins take their rounds of dumps.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:42:10 AM

it is never as simple as that. investment in something so volatile is always going to be unpredictable and when you invest in altcoins which are 10 times more volatile than bitcoin, things become even more complicated.

my strategy is that i always have my main investment in bitcoin. it is a long term investment where i buy bitcoin with my money whenever i have some extra cash and add it to my cold storage. it will stay there for years to come.

meanwhile i have some small percentage of my total bitcoin dedicated for trading. i use this fund to risk doing trades on bitcoin and altcoins alike. mostly altcoins because they get pumped and dumped so we can make a lot of profit from their manipulations in short term and immediately move on to the next pump.

in my opinion it is always best to come up with your own strategy. i shared my plans here, you can use it or modify it to your preferences.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
shadow404

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:42:30 AM

you better keep your coin if it makes you gain double advantage especially you do not know that the coin you hold now the price will go down, you can see bitcoin now price is down so do not try to take risk
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:45:23 AM

maybe you can convert it to bitcoin when bitcoin price goes down, or you can convert to another coin like ethereum doge and litecoin, because its transaction fee is cheap

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: