Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:48:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptokitties, boon or bane to eth?  (Read 686 times)
Phil419She (OP)

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:28:34 PM

I think we all know the sudden effect of cryptokitties to the network of ethereum when it was launch, creating never before felt congestion and freezing a lot of ERC20 tokens trade. As Ive surfed the net about its impact on eth and the cryptoworld itself, Ive seen different views on how these kitties are seen in everyone's perspective. Some says it's a stupid creation only wrecking havoc on the eth network  enriching only the developers, but some also says it really help eth platform, and even the cryptoworld. So which is it really?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bulbolitobayagyag

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:32:52 PM

How does it help the ethereum's network?by slowing the transactions of the whole network,yeah thats positive for the competitors of ethereum.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:39:13 PM

I think we all know the sudden effect of cryptokitties to the network of ethereum when it was launch, creating never before felt congestion and freezing a lot of ERC20 tokens trade. As Ive surfed the net about its impact on eth and the cryptoworld itself, Ive seen different views on how these kitties are seen in everyone's perspective. Some says it's a stupid creation only wrecking havoc on the eth network  enriching only the developers, but some also says it really help eth platform, and even the cryptoworld. So which is it really?
I would go for both things which Cryptokitties did able to mess up with the Entire ETH network which do cause soo much delay and it have been mainly affect those traders which they cant able to place trades because of confirmation issues but they don't have any choice but to put up huge amounts of gas which do really sucks but in the positive side it would somehow help up for ETH to grow even more.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 03:45:06 PM

How does it help the ethereum's network?by slowing the transactions of the whole network,yeah thats positive for the competitors of ethereum.

I believe you are still new to crypto

When you look further, its actually a positive event.

True, it slow down the transaction of network and it seems positive for the competitor of ethereum.
But in the long run, it let Ethereum understands that they will need to improve to have a faster TX speed and its consider a first "Stress Test" after the previous "ICO Rally" that congest the network.

I call this a good thing and it gives Ethereum a chance to enhance their network
romec1701

Activity: 157

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:46:39 PM

I think its a boon. more usage. more tech development. brighter future

Toropen

Activity: 299
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:47:13 PM

I believe that whales help some people make some money, but not everyone is able to do it

BlomBaster

Activity: 234

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:50:31 PM

If people want Cryptokitties they have the right to this, they pay for the transaction like everyone else.
fixincomp

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:51:35 PM

I think its a boon. more usage. more tech development. brighter future

100% agreed. In the short term it will be annoying but mid- to long term this is going to help ethereum a lot.
Phil419She (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:51:41 PM

I agree, actually that's the only thing I could think about cryptokitties. But when I saw a video article in youtube by on "How These 'Stupid' Cats Just Saved Crypto"  and heard the argument about the good thing about it and now I'm kind of weighing things myself.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:51:52 PM

boon. it's a short term pain in the ass but a little glimpse of what the future holds when more capacity can serve more ideas. imagine the effects of thousands of crazes like this. it's a great demonstration of what's out there on the horizon.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:54:19 PM

Ofcourse crypto kitties is a stupid project that only distabilize everything. The only good thing is that it uncovered a problem and forced devs to start looking for the solution asap. kitties don't have much impact on the ETH price. Since the creation of the project the coin always stayed at the average rate  comparing to the other currencies. maybe this boom was crossed by the ERC20 usage decreese.
Beicin

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:56:51 PM

Cryptokitties showed a huge potential for the ethereum blockchain, and even managed to draw new people into cryptocurrencies. I would say it was a very successful experiment and the next dapps will be even better because of it.

Phil419She (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:58:51 PM

boon. it's a short term pain in the ass but a little glimpse of what the future holds when more capacity can serve more ideas. imagine the effects of thousands of crazes like this. it's a great demonstration of what's out there on the horizon.

We could always look at the bigger picture. Really its frustrating when eth transactions are very slow, but if you look at the charts in eth txns, its has been rising in the past days as the kitties have been launching, it could even make eth stronger.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:04:22 PM

I had few exchange tell me that I can't withdraw ETH due to slow network time. It's definitely not good for me and others who hold ETH and want to withdraw from said exchange but at the same time ETH is getting more visibility. It'll show in few months.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:05:41 PM

how digital kitties are going to help the ethereum network and how they are suppose to do some betterment by making transactions expensive and slow? i think after some days craze for these digital kitties.

Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:09:40 PM

We could always look at the bigger picture. Really its frustrating when eth transactions are very slow, but if you look at the charts in eth txns, its has been rising in the past days as the kitties have been launching, it could even make eth stronger.

i don't agree. these rising transactions are not because of kitties these transactions are because cryptocurrency market is at its highest volume than ever  and people are trading rather than playing games

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:37:17 PM

The concept of this kitties came out as quite successful one but that was only fueled by too much greed, people used to buy gen 1 kitties for over 1 ETH which was just rediculous. Looks like craze for this worthless cat facing tokens is now over, gen 1 kitties are available for less than 0.20 ETH.

Luckily, I got out from this thing with some profit few days ago.  Grin

criptolover12

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:41:31 PM

I believe you are still new to crypto

When you look further, its actually a positive event.

True, it slow down the transaction of network and it seems positive for the competitor of ethereum.
But in the long run, it let Ethereum understands that they will need to improve to have a faster TX speed and its consider a first "Stress Test" after the previous "ICO Rally" that congest the network.

I call this a good thing and it gives Ethereum a chance to enhance their network

You are right if ethereum foundation consider to solve problem. Otherwise it has a negative effect.

OAX - REAL WORLD APPLICATION OF DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGES - V1
■  Hold your own keys - Liquidity Aggregation - Open and Transparent  ■
■ ■ WebsiteTeamWPTWPProject DeckANNBounty ANN ■ ■
ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 06:04:19 PM

Well, this is maybe will be The Nice Leaker for Ethereum, when they can get the solution for this issues. I cant imagine how valuable ETH in next year

rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 06:10:44 PM

This bad effect is just a short effect but the idea of this game would be beneficial for ethereum. Though the game is actually not a real game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: