Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:23:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM] Primecoin GPU Miner  (Read 11118 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 10:54:30 PM

Or maybe it will increase the pressure to develop FPGA and ASIC solutions, maybe leading to consumer devices someday that will rapidly advance the frontiers of primality research...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
hasle2

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:43:06 PM

if there is a gpu mining program, it will kill primecoin. any primecoin fans will lose.

gpu miners didn't kill litecoin, I doubt they will kill primecoin.
96redformula

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:45:42 PM

if there is a gpu mining program, it will kill primecoin. any primecoin fans will lose.

Yeah, we are ready to ramp up them GPU's.
eCoinomist (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 10:43:23 AM

Agree totally, it will perhaps smash the price to the floor temporarily, just like how it happened when michaelh released the optimised client, but very soon the price will go back to its deserving level, which I think is in the 0.005-7 ball mark, unless this thing gets released on BTC-e.com, then crazy things can happen, perhaps up to 0.02?

Then again, it's the botnet that wins the most, not CPU miner atm, unless GPU mining comes out.

So in general GPU mining actually means more adoption, since the Botnet operators won't be able to cheaply sell their stash of XPM, which means in general it's more profitable for everyone else' to mine this thing.

drummerjdb666

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:48:20 AM

So basically you are holding an open casting call announcing yourself as a total douchebag who is only interested in keeping a possible GPU miner secret so you can hoard coin. Ok, seem like a pleasant fucktard. Now go away and mine whatever flavor of shitcoin dying GPU miners are mining this hour.

+1

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

+1 ftw!   
oroqen

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:07:22 AM

Agree totally, it will perhaps smash the price to the floor temporarily, just like how it happened when michaelh released the optimised client, but very soon the price will go back to its deserving level, which I think is in the 0.005-7 ball mark, unless this thing gets released on BTC-e.com, then crazy things can happen, perhaps up to 0.02?

Then again, it's the botnet that wins the most, not CPU miner atm, unless GPU mining comes out.

So in general GPU mining actually means more adoption, since the Botnet operators won't be able to cheaply sell their stash of XPM, which means in general it's more profitable for everyone else' to mine this thing.
Why is it everyone assumes a bot-net couldn't run off a GPU?, its only software and there are plenty of bot-nets out there that have update facilities and remote management.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:10:00 AM

Why is it everyone assumes a bot-net couldn't run off a GPU?, its only software and there are plenty of bot-nets out there that have update facilities and remote management.

All computer that are part of a botnet have a CPU, not all computers that are part of a botnet have a decent graphics card.  I doubt a GPU botnet is very feasible.
oroqen

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:47:22 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 11:57:27 AM by oroqen

All computer that are part of a botnet have a CPU, not all computers that are part of a botnet have a decent graphics card.  I doubt a GPU botnet is very feasible.
Why not, Its all free too the botnet operator, and a GPU doesn't have to be decent at all, there not trying to maximize the potential of their own equipment, just ride on the back of others, for example AMDs apu can mine(not very well, but still more than a CPU) and have become quite popular in the low-end budget/OEM and even low/mid range gaming PCs, even Intels integrated HD GPUs can mine opencl, it only takes a couple of line of code too see if the system is idle long enough to take advantage and mostly go unnoticed. Is it inefficient, yes. But is it unfeasible, far from it.

Edit: Quick google returns a Trojan from 2011 that carried a payload of Phoenix miner for GPU and RPC-Miner for CPU.
nullbitspectre1848

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:39:16 PM

So basically you are holding an open casting call announcing yourself as a total douchebag who is only interested in keeping a possible GPU miner secret so you can hoard coin. Ok, seem like a pleasant fucktard. Now go away and mine whatever flavor of shitcoin dying GPU miners are mining this hour.

+1

+1 ftw!   

No kidding.   What greedy douchebaggery.

eCoinomist (OP)

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 01:29:36 PM

Really?
Here is the link:
http://ecoinomist.com/xpm-primecoin-mining-guide-on-linux

Have questions? Post comments over there.

dudeguy

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:53:35 PM

IF LTC isn't on Gox by the end of July, and BTC-e add XPM to fill their CNC slot, then we'll easily see XPM over 0.02.
eCoinomist (OP)

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 06:26:14 PM

+1

+1 ftw!   

Yeah, he's a real cunt.
I smell jelly in the air  Roll Eyes

eCoinomist (OP)

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 02:25:09 AM

We might be jealous of your rig, but that's not why we're bashing you. We're bashing you because you're going against what open source and cryptocurrencies are about. You're trying to keep a GPU miner secret so you can hoard coins and bribe the creator to keep it away from anyone else. That's called being a greedy jackass.

Such an irony, people don't need me to tell them that most true Bitcoin enthusiasts no longer hang out in this forum, particularly this alt-coin section.

I may be greedy, but at least I'm brutally honest about it and don't pretend like if I'm not, unlike most of the people posting in this thread, thinly unveiling themselves under the "open source" umbrella  Cool

I may be greedy, yet I share info on how I build my rig or how to mine XPM - you bunch, I saw nothing from you so far, except a couple of BTC and LTC addresses in the footer asking for ppl to bribe you Wink

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 11:16:18 PM

We might be jealous of your rig, but that's not why we're bashing you. We're bashing you because you're going against what open source and cryptocurrencies are about. You're trying to keep a GPU miner secret so you can hoard coins and bribe the creator to keep it away from anyone else. That's called being a greedy jackass.

Such an irony, people don't need me to tell them that most true Bitcoin enthusiasts no longer hang out in this forum, particularly this alt-coin section.

I may be greedy, but at least I'm brutally honest about it and don't pretend like if I'm not, unlike most of the people posting in this thread, thinly unveiling themselves under the "open source" umbrella  Cool

I may be greedy, yet I share info on how I build my rig or how to mine XPM - you bunch, I saw nothing from you so far, except a couple of BTC and LTC addresses in the footer asking for ppl to bribe you Wink

Do you even understand what the word 'bribe' means? It means that you're offering money to persuade someone to do something, usually something unethical. We all want money, that's not the issue. The issue is that you're willing to stab everyone else in the back to get it.

it is called capitalism, get over it...  however I am going to give you the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is.... since you probably have way more money than me so please feel free to donate some portion of it to my BTC address  Grin
eCoinomist (OP)

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 08:59:40 AM

Do you even understand what the word 'bribe' means? It means that you're offering money to persuade someone to do something, usually something unethical. We all want money, that's not the issue. The issue is that you're willing to stab everyone else in the back to get it.

it is called capitalism, get over it...  however I am going to give you the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is.... since you probably have way more money than me so please feel free to donate some portion of it to my BTC address  Grin

lol, that's not how capitalism works!

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 06:48:15 PM

lol, that's not how capitalism works!

I was implying that the other poster is a communist since he has a problem with greed   Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: